Ana&Matt

161 days Waiting for NOA2

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow that is crazy 176 days for an RFE. Please let us know what the RFE is for unless you have already figured that part out.

Congrats on the progress.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, anajabonero said:

We received that 1st same email last night!

45 more days of waiting to hear something! Just insane!!! 

I think that's a good sign that you received that email. We get another email about RFE an hour later. If you didn't get any email after that first email, who knows that they approved your case and the Noa2 letter is on the way to your fiance address. I believe it's about to happens that you will receive something this week or the next week. Not in 45 days. I pray for you!

Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, tritruong85 said:

Hang in there. I finally got an email back about my 2nd inquiry at noon today. It said they have mailed out my approval on 7/11/2017. I am so relieved. So hang in there, and yours will eventually come. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Congrats!

1/17 filer and still no NOA2.. My case was transferred on May 25th to Nebraska which seemed weird because I didnt hear about anyone else being transferred. Other than that nothing, called spoke to tier 2  they said  its normal for transfers for processing time. But that doesnt add up to me. Also sent an inquiry that read "

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below."   Which is clearly a lie because tons of people after me have been processed already. Called again last monday and the tier 2 officer put in my 2nd service request. Hopefully something gives with this one.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

1/17 filer and still no NOA2.. My case was transferred on May 25th to Nebraska which seemed weird because I didnt hear about anyone else being transferred. Other than that nothing, called spoke to tier 2  they said  its normal for transfers for processing time. But that doesnt add up to me. Also sent an inquiry that read "

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below."   Which is clearly a lie because tons of people after me have been processed already. Called again last monday and the tier 2 officer put in my 2nd service request. Hopefully something gives with this one.

Nebraska? K-1's haven't been worked out of there in over 15 years.

I know if petitioner has criminal record sometimes they go to Vermont.

I think this is a mistake Unless there is something HUGE going on where we will see mass transfers to NSC.

I'll have to research this more.

Let us know

2 hours ago, LabOz said:

Nebraska? K-1's haven't been worked out of there in over 15 years.

I know if petitioner has criminal record sometimes they go to Vermont.

I think this is a mistake Unless there is something HUGE going on where we will see mass transfers to NSC.

I'll have to research this more.

Let us know

Yes Nebraska and everything is such a secret idk why .. nobody gives an answer why, would

make life easier if they gave more of an explanation about it .. hoping my 2nd inquiry sheds more light on it 

6 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Any criminal record of any sorts if so this could be one reason. (not judging here we all have our pasts)

Yes I do have, drug charge but that is not inadmissible to file for a k1 visa .. and it would've needed to be 3 or more drug convictions for me to even write it down on my I-129f petition as I filed before they changed the packet in January. Even so if that's the case you think they would have sent an rfe for me to get the court docs for them by now , it's been over 6 months and nothing .. inquiry didn't mention anything about that and tier 2 say there is no red flags they see at the moment . I am the petitioner btw  

Timeline

I'm sorry this is happening. Very odd. Hope you get some answers or better yet an approval soon.

I thought after 5 or 6 months they needed to give you some kind of response other than to say "wait 60 days" I mean really what the hell.

Edited by LabOz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.