20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone ! Yesterday I had my interview at the embassy of USA en lima for a k1 visa . I thought it would be the best day and finally I'd be with my fiancé soon and get married as we were planing ! 

Everything went well during the interview but at the end of everything the CO asked me for my migratory movement and I had no idea what was that because It wasn't part of the required documents . So when he asked to give him that document I said I don't have it so he said unfortunately I'm not going to be able to give you the visa and he gave me a yellow paper and Marked the missing documents .. only the "migratory movement ". It was very disappointing for me. The same day I went to get that document at migraciones office located in Breña ,I paid 20 soles at banco de la nación and finally got the paper the same day so after that I went to DHL office in San Isidro and sent the migratory movement + my passport ( it's the only office can deliver the envelope to the embassy ) I didn't have to pay nothing . They gave me a tracking number and shows that it might arrive on Monday  10th to the embassy wich is 3 days after . So now I've been reading other people who are freezed in this process and some of them says it can take months even a year and others says it can even be sent back to USCIS 😭. I'm so scared and sad now . Tears can't stop coming out from my eyes . Please if anyone else have been through the same process at the embassy of lima let me know how long did it take to have visa in hands ? 

Thanks in advance !!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If the paper said to just send in that form and you have done that then it's not going to be sent back. 

When they receive the paper they will look at your case again and most likely approve you if nothing else was wrong.

Ugh I'm sorry you're going through this. I've never even heard of a migratory movement document in my life before! and how frustrating that they didn't say it's part of the documents you needed to bring. But like @Georgia16 said, you replied to their request in a timely fashion and sent the missing document. While it causes an unfortunate delay, it doesn't mean you automatically face denial when you get a g221. Take a deep breath, call them to see if it arrived/everything is going accordingly, and I know it's difficult but wait for them to sort it out and I'm sure if nothing else is missing, you will be accepted. It's just a temporary bump in the road. Hugs!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

If the paper said to just send in that form and you have done that then it's not going to be sent back. 

When they receive the paper they will look at your case again and most likely approve you if nothing else was wrong.

Thank you . Hope God hear you ! 

I'm praying it won't take too long ! 

Blessings !! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

Ugh I'm sorry you're going through this. I've never even heard of a migratory movement document in my life before! and how frustrating that they didn't say it's part of the documents you needed to bring. But like @Georgia16 said, you replied to their request in a timely fashion and sent the missing document. While it causes an unfortunate delay, it doesn't mean you automatically face denial when you get a g221. Take a deep breath, call them to see if it arrived/everything is going accordingly, and I know it's difficult but wait for them to sort it out and I'm sure if nothing else is missing, you will be accepted. It's just a temporary bump in the road. Hugs!

You're right "It's just a temporary bump in the road " thank you so much for your words . It helps a lot ! :) as you said I'll call them to make sure they received it ! Thank you Dilorena!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, KatMi said:

You're right "It's just a temporary bump in the road " thank you so much for your words . It helps a lot ! :) as you said I'll call them to make sure they received it ! Thank you Dilorena!! 

You don't have to call them when they get it your status online will change. 

1 hour ago, Georgia16 said:

You don't have to call them when they get it your status online will change. 

Everywhere I've read on the forums mentions calling at some point, they don't always update, or not right away. I've heard of a lot of cases where they call and figure things out before it's online. It doesn't hurt if it gives OP a little peace of mind, right? :) It's just a suggestion. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

Everywhere I've read on the forums mentions calling at some point, they don't always update, or not right away. I've heard of a lot of cases where they call and figure things out before it's online. It doesn't hurt if it gives OP a little peace of mind, right? :) It's just a suggestion. 

I disagree. If it had been a long time then I would understand but think of it this way it might irritate them. Think if everyone called the embassy or USCIS every single time they were waiting for something think how much time they wast on that because people don't have a bit patient.

Just now, Georgia16 said:

I disagree. If it had been a long time then I would understand but think of it this way it might irritate them. Think if everyone called the embassy or USCIS every single time they were waiting for something think how much time they wast on that because people don't have a bit patient.

So, we don't call because the embassy or USCIS might get mad because they have to.... do part of their job?

I'm not saying calling every single day/right away, I get how that can be annoying. But some people like to be on top of their process, and I don't see how that's necessarily a bad thing. We do pay them to go through this, it's a service and not a cheap one. Every website lists phone numbers/emails for contact in case you have doubts. Also, calling them risking the ''possibility of irritating them'' won't affect your case, because that's simply ridiculous. We can just agree to disagree ;) 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

So, we don't call because the embassy or USCIS might get mad because they have to.... do part of their job?

I'm not saying calling every single day/right away, I get how that can be annoying. But some people like to be on top of their process, and I don't see how that's necessarily a bad thing. We do pay them to go through this, it's a service and not a cheap one. Every website lists phone numbers/emails for contact in case you have doubts. Also, calling them risking the ''possibility of irritating them'' won't affect your case, because that's simply ridiculous. We can just agree to disagree ;) 

We will definitely have to this one :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I have certainly heard of this very Peruvian document, but it was not required when my husband (then, fiance) had his interview in Lima. If I'm not mistaken, it's just a record of your entries/exits to/from the country. 

I know several people in real life, in addition to people on this forum, who have gotten visas through Lima. They generally move pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about being stuck in AP for a long time - when that happens, it's usually because of security issues or doubts as to the validity of the relationship. In this case, the CO just wanted an extra document, so there's no reason why your visa wouldn't be quickly approved once they receive the document.

As far as calling the embassy, I believe the Lima embassy does not take phone inquiries for immigrant and K-1 visas. You can email them - it takes several days to get an answer. I would give them at least a week or two, and if you haven't had an update by then, try to immigrant visa unit email address. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, lacolinab13 said:

I have certainly heard of this very Peruvian document, but it was not required when my husband (then, fiance) had his interview in Lima. If I'm not mistaken, it's just a record of your entries/exits to/from the country. 

I know several people in real life, in addition to people on this forum, who have gotten visas through Lima. They generally move pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about being stuck in AP for a long time - when that happens, it's usually because of security issues or doubts as to the validity of the relationship. In this case, the CO just wanted an extra document, so there's no reason why your visa wouldn't be quickly approved once they receive the document.

As far as calling the embassy, I believe the Lima embassy does not take phone inquiries for immigrant and K-1 visas. You can email them - it takes several days to get an answer. I would give them at least a week or two, and if you haven't had an update by then, try to immigrant visa unit email address. 

You're right it was just an extra document .  When he was checking the affidavit i had the tax return in my hands ready to give it to him but never asked to see nothing not even more proves of my relationship . Absolutely nothing ! That surprised me a lot ! But he just asked for that document . It's good to know you have such good words of encouragement ! I still have hope ! Thank you so much ! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 7/8/2017 at 10:59 AM, KatMi said:

Hi everyone ! Yesterday I had my interview at the embassy of USA en lima for a k1 visa . I thought it would be the best day and finally I'd be with my fiancé soon and get married as we were planing ! 

Everything went well during the interview but at the end of everything the CO asked me for my migratory movement and I had no idea what was that because It wasn't part of the required documents . So when he asked to give him that document I said I don't have it so he said unfortunately I'm not going to be able to give you the visa and he gave me a yellow paper and Marked the missing documents .. only the "migratory movement ". It was very disappointing for me. The same day I went to get that document at migraciones office located in Breña ,I paid 20 soles at banco de la nación and finally got the paper the same day so after that I went to DHL office in San Isidro and sent the migratory movement + my passport ( it's the only office can deliver the envelope to the embassy ) I didn't have to pay nothing . They gave me a tracking number and shows that it might arrive on Monday  10th to the embassy wich is 3 days after . So now I've been reading other people who are freezed in this process and some of them says it can take months even a year and others says it can even be sent back to USCIS 😭. I'm so scared and sad now . Tears can't stop coming out from my eyes . Please if anyone else have been through the same process at the embassy of lima let me know how long did it take to have visa in hands ? 

Thanks in advance !!!! 

Helly

The same happend to a friend of mine, and it took 3 months, after a month they email the embassy and was replied with an automatic email.  I also read somewhere sorry i cant remember that it takes at least 3 months, with this said it is an estimate, but I understand its something so simple and yet frustrating.  Hard to do but be patient take advantage of the time to occupy your mine positively, it was a simple mistake of a missing document it happens more often then you think.  It could have been a flat out denial, but it was not since you also had to mail your passport along with the document...  Wish you luck and speedy receivement of your K1 visa

• Met .... 09/05/2013 :luv:

• Engaged .... 04/05/2014 (L)

02/01/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/02/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/25/16....NOA2 Approved :dancing:

03/30/16....NOA2 Hard copy received

04/19/16....NVC Case # received ..

04/25/16....NVC Ready at Consulate

06/30/16....Interview Scheduled (L)

06/30/16....K1 Visa Approved... :yes:

Timeline

Hiiii guys !!! 

I just received an email from the embassy today saying that my visa has been approved and they're just printing it out and I should check the ais.us visa website after 5-7 business days to get the code to pick up my passport at the DHL OFFICE ! I'm so happy for that !! But the CEAC website shows my status last updated today and still in AP ! I don't know what to believe . Can someone help me please !? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, KatMi said:

Hiiii guys !!! 

I just received an email from the embassy today saying that my visa has been approved and they're just printing it out and I should check the ais.us visa website after 5-7 business days to get the code to pick up my passport at the DHL OFFICE ! I'm so happy for that !! But the CEAC website shows my status last updated today and still in AP ! I don't know what to believe . Can someone help me please !? 

Believe the embassy. They're the ones who are in charge, after all! I'm sure your status will update soon on the website. Congratulations - I knew it would be quick! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.