PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, wildling99 said:

Hey July filers! I had my interview this morning in Phoenix. I don't think I slept last night with all the anxiety and trying to make sure I had all of the papers/documents/etc in order to bring. Our interview was at 7:15. We arrived at about 6:50 but the office isn't even open until 7. Went through security and checked in. They saw quite a few single people before they got to two couples and a family before us. I would say we went in around 7:35. Our agent was friendly. I guess I thought that it would be a uniformed officer, but we were just in a little personal office and he was dressed like a normal employee. We swore the oath and he asked us a lot of basic questions (when, where, how did we meet... when was the proposal... did my husband ever visit Canada... how did I enter the U.S. the last time according to my 1-485 form... when was the proposal... was there a ring). 

I submitted a LOT of stuff with the initial application (car insurance, our cell phone bills, about 50 photos, all of the W-2, tax returns, etc). He told me I was more thorough and prepared than most people who came with a lawyer/prepared using a lawyer, which was nice! I brought along updated copies of everything that was listed on the interview notice we received in the mail. I basically used it as a checklist and had everything labeled in a folder. He kept the new W-2 for my husband & 2017 joint tax return, three 8 x 11 sheets of printed photos, our new lease, our rental insurance and our joint dental insurance. He added all of that to the folder.

He told us he approved our I-130 and then it was on to the I-485. I brought my medical (as I hadn't submitted with the initial application). I thought it would be fine as the exam was in August 2017, despite being expired with the new rule being 2 years, but unfortunately my doctor had signed it in December 2017 and our application was filed in July 2017 - it needs to be signed no later than 60 days after the application. Even though the exam was within the timeframe, it was the signature that needed to be in the 60 days. In all honesty, my doctor's office was going through a lot of managerial changes and I think that had something to do with that. Long story short, they had asked me to get a flu shot, even though it wasn't flu season...anyway. I will have to redo the medical, but that's the only thing I'm missing. I'm going tomorrow morning to redo that and then will wait for the RFE to mail it back. He said to be sure it is sent certified with a signature and also to get the doctor to copy it before sealing it. The agent was very understanding - he said we were good except for that. That was really reassuring! He shook our hands when we left and noted again that I did a great job on preparing my application. We were out around 8:25.

I think I was way more stressed out than I needed to be. It's a very nervewracking experience for sure, especially when you've waited so long. The hardest part was remembering dates (we've been together for four years and sometimes you're questioning...oh wait, was that 2015? 2016?)

Good luck everyone! Hopefully I don't have any weird diseases on my new medical tomorrow lol!

Thanks for this! My interview is in a few days, also in Phoenix. Like you I also have my documents labeled and all ready to go. I didn’t submit my medical when I filed I-485, but I already have the sealed envelope from the doctor also all ready to go. My husband and I have been together for 10 years this October, and I am trying to remember all the dates! Haha. Good luck and please update when you received your gc.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, M&JB said:

Thanks for this! My interview is in a few days, also in Phoenix. Like you I also have my documents labeled and all ready to go. I didn’t submit my medical when I filed I-485, but I already have the sealed envelope from the doctor also all ready to go. My husband and I have been together for 10 years this October, and I am trying to remember all the dates! Haha. Good luck and please update when you received your gc.

I hope your interview went well!

I can see in my USPS informed delivery that we're receiving the I-130 approval (you can see through the window the page has shifted and it says "your petition is approved") and our RFE in a separate envelope for the new medical.

I went for all the medical stuff last Thursday, so just waiting on getting that back to send in again!

Timeline
3 hours ago, wildling99 said:

I hope your interview went well!

I can see in my USPS informed delivery that we're receiving the I-130 approval (you can see through the window the page has shifted and it says "your petition is approved") and our RFE in a separate envelope for the new medical.

I went for all the medical stuff last Thursday, so just waiting on getting that back to send in again!

Thanks @wildling99! Yes, I think it did go well! The lady who interviewed us said we were approved and green card should be in the mail within 30 days but more or less within 2 weeks.

Our interview was at 8:10AM today, we got there late, at 8:15 (we had a snow storm for two days and the road were bad, we even left 5 hrs before the interview time. Supposed to be only 3 hour drive.) We finished the security check out at 8:20, didn’t get called until like 8:30. And the interview was over 20 minutes tops!

We sat down, the lady took a picture of me. Asked us for some IDs. Stood up for the oath, then sat down the whole time after that.

I brought EVERY documents I could think of, from forms that I initially filed with I-485, supporting documents, photos, etc. And the sealed I-693. She didn’t need all of the copies I made because she already got them in file, except for the I-693 and some new proofs of relationship (joint bank accounts, kids birth certificate, etc) Asked me the Yes or No questions. Then asked when did we meet, how long were we married, why it took a long time for us to file for AOS, how many kids we currently have.

Basically normal, regular questions. Then in the end she gave me a paper that says Congratulations! Then told us green card should be in the mail within two weeks.

And also within 2 hours after the interviewy online status updated to New Card Being Produced.

Edited by M&JB

Timeline
1 minute ago, little immigrant said:

Wow already "card being produced" that's awesome! Once it ships you'll get the tracking number on egov.uscis.gov and if you have informed delivery it will automatically appear there. CONGRATULATIONS! :dance:

Thank you so much for being here all the way this process! Now I just need to wait for the card and I can finally breathe. 😂 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiii there! I'm sure most of you have already gotten your green cards by now as the SF field office took 1 year and 6 months to interview us. 

I had my interview on 1/16/19 and we feared the worst. To the irritation of the interviewer, hubby forgot a lot of exact dates and he was nervous that he stumbled when reciting his own name and address. He also said the longest he stayed in the US on a tourist visa was a couple weeks, but he's Canadian so he had been here for longer for some visits long ago. Our interviewer constantly shook her head, sighed, and scoffed at us. When we brought our all our evidence (car insurance, employer's benefits, cards from all our friends and family over the years, printed out photos, costco membership, tax returns), she chuckled that it was not nearly enough and to expect an RFE! She demanded to know why there was no joint lease. I told her I had bought the house years ago so there would be no need for any sort of lease. She rolled her eyes at us, looked very annoyed, and ended the interview abruptly after writing furiously on her piece of paper. We went back out to the waiting room and just sat there for an hour looking shocked, confused, and trying not to cry. 

We saw everyone who interviewed around the same time get their approval and cards very quickly. When there was no news for us, we panicked and started researching lawyers. The dread ate at us. There was no RFE in sight either... 

Then one month later, on 2/14, VALENTINE'S DAY, our online case status changed to CARD IN PRODUCTION and a day later, status changed to APPROVED for both I-130 and I-485. We got the approvals in the mail on 2/19 and still waiting for the green card to come.

Just wanted to share in case others also had a terrifying interview experience like us. There is hope and you will be fine!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, vscp said:

Hiii there! I'm sure most of you have already gotten your green cards by now as the SF field office took 1 year and 6 months to interview us. 

I had my interview on 1/16/19 and we feared the worst. To the irritation of the interviewer, hubby forgot a lot of exact dates and he was nervous that he stumbled when reciting his own name and address. He also said the longest he stayed in the US on a tourist visa was a couple weeks, but he's Canadian so he had been here for longer for some visits long ago. Our interviewer constantly shook her head, sighed, and scoffed at us. When we brought our all our evidence (car insurance, employer's benefits, cards from all our friends and family over the years, printed out photos, costco membership, tax returns), she chuckled that it was not nearly enough and to expect an RFE! She demanded to know why there was no joint lease. I told her I had bought the house years ago so there would be no need for any sort of lease. She rolled her eyes at us, looked very annoyed, and ended the interview abruptly after writing furiously on her piece of paper. We went back out to the waiting room and just sat there for an hour looking shocked, confused, and trying not to cry. 

We saw everyone who interviewed around the same time get their approval and cards very quickly. When there was no news for us, we panicked and started researching lawyers. The dread ate at us. There was no RFE in sight either... 

Then one month later, on 2/14, VALENTINE'S DAY, our online case status changed to CARD IN PRODUCTION and a day later, status changed to APPROVED for both I-130 and I-485. We got the approvals in the mail on 2/19 and still waiting for the green card to come.

Just wanted to share in case others also had a terrifying interview experience like us. There is hope and you will be fine!  

Congratulations! We had our interview yesterday and the lady said we were approved. Although we barely got the dates correct either lol we have been together for 10 years, 2 kids, and we even did not have a mortgage or lease because he owned the land way before we met and we currently own our house now. We only have 2 joint accounts. 

I’m curious, so in that almost a month, you guys did not get any RfE in the mail?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, M&JB said:

Congratulations! We had our interview yesterday and the lady said we were approved. Although we barely got the dates correct either lol we have been together for 10 years, 2 kids, and we even did not have a mortgage or lease because he owned the land way before we met and we currently own our house now. We only have 2 joint accounts. 

I’m curious, so in that almost a month, you guys did not get any RfE in the mail?

Thanks! After she took all the documents we offered, she told us we would definitely not be approved without responding to an RFE in the mail. We did not get any RFE or any documents. Approval and green card in exactly 1 month. 

As long as she said you're approved, I think you'll be fine. You guys have kids together! :P 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, vscp said:

Thanks! After she took all the documents we offered, she told us we would definitely not be approved without responding to an RFE in the mail. We did not get any RFE or any documents. Approval and green card in exactly 1 month. 

As long as she said you're approved, I think you'll be fine. You guys have kids together! :P 

That was weird! I guess some officers just want the applicant to sweat a little before they can breathe! :D 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys! just wanna give some hope to New Yorkers, we having our interview in two weeks field office Brooklyn. We will share how it went after

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would it be okay to highlight names on supporting documents to bring in for the interview? I just want to make it easier for the IO to review them rather than spending so much time reading these docs.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ceeq said:

Would it be okay to highlight names on supporting documents to bring in for the interview? I just want to make it easier for the IO to review them rather than spending so much time reading these docs.

Are these supporting documents you’re gonna bring new or did you file these initially with I-485? I brought all copies on my interview, and the IO didn’t take any of it as she already got everything on her file. I still brought them just in case.

Timeline

These are the new ones for the evidence of bona fide marriage like gym memberships, car lease, phone bills under my new name. Things like that. :) I am bringing the exact copy of the 485 as well as the k1 application just incase and also the ead/ap application because I'm that paranoid. lol SF office.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ceeq said:

These are the new ones for the evidence of bona fide marriage like gym memberships, car lease, phone bills under my new name. Things like that. :) I am bringing the exact copy of the 485 as well as the k1 application just incase and also the ead/ap application because I'm that paranoid. lol SF office.

You can highlight what you want so it’ll be easy. I brought new documents and they were the only papers she took. They will mostly ask for documents supporting bonafide marriage.

Timeline

We finished our interview! Got there around 12:45pm and called us in around 15mins. Our time is 1:20pm. I brought way too many documents than I thought I needed. But it went well and she told us we should expect it in the mail in a few weeks.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.