zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Correct. Just sit tight and wait for that new I-797 Notice.

I hope this will come  soon but then with the last entry ( sorry , I am not too familiar with doing multi quote) that someone posted dated \jun13 about yet another delay with the 'new' i797s . We don't need to go Six Flags to ride a roller coaster - this process alone provides that! 

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

18 hours ago, tdotca said:

We don't need to go Six Flags to ride a roller coaster - this process alone provides that! 

:jest: Love it!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Timeline

Looking back at what I sent, i am worried that it might trigger an RFE and delay the process further. I sent:

- Joint checking accounts statements, one per quarter for the entire period, with transaction activity from both cards. However, I was the only one regularly depositing money into it, even though she used it for all our household purchases.

- Joint savings account, although she was the only one putting money into it and withdrawing for major purchases. It seemed to make more sense to use our joint checkings for household purchases, while she saved, to make things easy. I guess I never really thought too much about ROC.

- 401k with quarterly statements, with her listed as the sole beneficiary. 

- Employer letter confirming life insurance policy, with her as beneficiary for 50%, estate listed as the other 50% (i.e., my parents or siblings) 

- Joint health insurance, with statement from provider that it it covers both me and her

- Joint IRS tax transcripts with all schedules, filing as married, for 2015 and 2016

- Joint dental and vision insurance

- Joint leases, with both of our names, for the entire period

Does this sound like it would be considered insufficient? I could really do without dragging this out even further, after 11 months already passed, with an RFE or interview or whatever. If it came to it, I could provide credit card statements used to pay off my student loans, with both of us paying it off each month, joint car insurance, and a record showing that we both made car payments (I didn't have a credit history yet when we purchased it just after I arrived). 

What do you think?

Edited by Jameson78

On 6/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, theanswerisdance said:

There’s a school of thought that filing the N-400 forces USCIS to adjudicate the I-751 that much quicker, since they have to make a decision on your green card before they can grant you citizenship (even if, in theory, they were to do both on the same day...the I-751 can’t just be left unresolved). What’s interesting to me is that I filed the N-400 June 3, and the current processing time at my local field office, according to USCIS, is approximately 9 months, so by February 2019. Yet when I check my case status on my account, they estimate my total wait time for the N-400 to be until August 2019. Are their processing time calculators just not in sync, or does my extra 6 months of waiting have to do with the fact that I’ve got a pending I-751? Who knows.

I will say that after all this time with no progress, it feels nice to get USCIS receipt notices and biometrics appointment dates in the mail. It at least gives me the false illusion that things are finally moving again!

Did you file yours online? I just filed mine online. My country of birth and country of citizenship is the same country, but I noticed that in the summary page, it shows the name for my country of birth but only "-" for the country of citizenship. Did you run into the same situation?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, lemongreentea said:

Did you file yours online? I just filed mine online. My country of birth and country of citizenship is the same country, but I noticed that in the summary page, it shows the name for my country of birth but only "-" for the country of citizenship. Did you run into the same situation?

I did have that problem too. I went back several times trying to fix it but ultimately whenever I got back to the review page it was blank again. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one!

Well we Just jumped on another rollercoaster and filled our N-400 online today

ROC Filed July 2017

Walk in Bio completed

Filled N400 June 15th,  estimated time 14 months, August 2019. I live in Broward county FL. CSC July filer.

Edited by AlfNel23

17 minutes ago, lemongreentea said:

Have your notice been posted under the Docs tab yet on the USCIS web?

I don't know where the docs tap is lol I will find out now.

3 hours ago, MB2017 said:

Hi All,

My third year of residency as per GC extension letter is October 25th of this year. What's the earliest I can apply for N400 (US Citizenship)? I read somewhere it is 90 days prior to three years.

Thanks,

MB2017

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html

says your earliest filing date is: 07/27/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.