zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Eric & Idalia said:

Sorry I didn't express myself very well here "Later I realized I was not supposed to as I was foreign."  What I meant is that as an au pair, I was not supposed to get a refund. I read somewhere (need to look up in my bookmarks) that aliens, meaning foreign individuals not consider residents, are not supposed to get refunds.

"Are you saying that because your earning were low.. you did not file your tax return for 2013?"

I didn't file taxes for 2013. I know I should have. 

The IRS haven't contacted me, but I want to fix this issue before that happens. I am aware I need to pay a late filing fee and I'm saving money to fix all this situation.

Thanks.

Oh ok. Well good luck to you. I believe you are doing the right thing in filing your 2013 tax returns. Just document everything and make sure the IRS and USCIS knows about everything in writing. Including what you ate for breakfast this morning and your case should go smoothly.

(kidding about the breakfast part)

38 minutes ago, Cengizhan said:

Processing time for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) at California Service Center

Estimated time range
Months

to

Months

unbelievable......even N400 is taking longer now. My field office used to be 3.5 to 5.5 months. Now 5  - 12 month.

USCIS received our case on July 6th 2017. We did the biometrics in August of 2017. we have not received any other notification.

Plan to travel sometime in july, but the extension letter states that it is valid one year after the temporary resident card expires. So the card expired in Sept of 2017. So I am assuming we can travel with the expired card and the extension letter and not have any problems right?

Edited by janet&adonis

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, janet&adonis said:

USCIS received our case on July 6th 2017. We did the biometrics in August of 2017. we have not received any other notification.

Plan to travel sometime in july, but the extension letter states that it is valid one year after the temporary resident card expires. So the card expired in Sept of 2017. So I am assuming we can travel with the expired card and the extension letter and not have any problems right?

In the same boat as you. USCIS received my case in July of 2017, did my biometrics in early August of 2017 and have had no movement or notifications on my case since then.

As far as traveling goes; look on your expired green card for the expiry date - the extension letter grants an additional year from that date. I had traveled back to Canada in February with my expired green card and extension letter and presented both to the immigration officer at the airport port of entry and was fine. I have been told to carry the original copy with you when you travel, but am unsure of how steadfast of a rule that is. I would just to be safe.

If you are like me, you are probably thinking about going and getting your I-551 stamp. This will essentially add yet another year to your extension letter. I would definitely start thinking about when you would like to make an appointment at your local USCIS center to get the stamp. I have heard of some places giving out these stamps 3 months prior to expiry, some with as little as 30 days. If you plan on traveling around the time of your additional one year extension, I would definitely bring this up at your appointment.

Just be aware that appointments in some centers are becoming increasingly harder to get. I know for some it seems to be the luck of the draw as to who can book an appointment first on the scheduling portal. I know in the next couple of months I will be sitting there habitually hitting refresh on that page until appointments pop up!

Edit: Okay, all I have to say is wow to the new processing times. I had seen posters above making note of how long both CSC and VSC were taking now, but checked myself. 18-20 months for CSC with a current processing of applications from October 14, 2016. I know for a fact that as early as last week they were processing applications from approximately November 5th, 2016. How is it even possible they have regressed back half a month?!

Edited by Trenz

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:10 AM, mrs thb said:

I got this email today....

while it's not the news I wanted.....

it is good news, cuz they touched my case....they know I exist :) 

Last notification I got from them was back in February when they were sending out all that  case transferred stuff.

Anyone else get notified?

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 18, 2018.

I still have not received any notification, I checked my USCIS account and nothing has changed. They received my docs on July 3 and I did my biometrics last August, the last time they touched my case was on March 18.

5 minutes ago, Luciann said:

I still have not received any notification, I checked my USCIS account and nothing has changed. They received my docs on July 3 and I did my biometrics last August, the last time they touched my case was on March 18.

I had the same email... they touched my case was on April 12.....received my docs on July 10 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've received 3 of these notifications now. It's nice to just let applicants know that we are still in the queue and no need to do anything. It's weird that not everyone gets them though!

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

On 5/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, tdotca said:

I have not gotten one of these calls and if I did , no voice message was left. This is all getting too frustrating.  

I am currently renewing my passport  and once I get it back I hope I can make an appointment for the  extension stamp 

I got a call  because my local office has not the infopass service and we who are filling in that office need to submit an online form to get our extension appt, then they call you to give you one.

By the way, I also need to renew my passport and I already have an appt for doing it, but how long it will take for yours to be ready?

1 hour ago, Luciann said:

There is movement, albeit slow.

Good to know others have been touched too.

And for those of you who haven't filed N-400 yet, I found this website that is super handy for me cuz I travel a lot out of the country.  While it doesn't track all of your departures and arrivals, it does a great job in helping you stay organized with travel dates.  https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

On 5/25/2018 at 10:04 PM, mrs thb said:

My guess is with the busier offices, like yours, that would be the protocol.  Glad they left you a voicemail.  I hope other offices are not following suit with the 30 day prior too.  I was hoping to book my appt soon.  I don't like this 30 day thing....a lot could happen in 30 days, like a family emergency!!

He;s right, they do not stamp the old I-94 as many people have had to get new passports since that was issued.  They are simply putting in a new I-551 stamp which acts as the new extension.

No problem.  Tee hee, technology!!!

And I must say the agent was really kind. He told me that even I could get an appt 15 days before the expiration date, hope you can get yours sooner than that :).

However, for me it is a good thing (hoping there won't be any emergency) because at least I know I need to renew my passport... On the other hand I need to do it in a hurry. My nearest consulate is almost four hours from where I live, but I have read some can get the document the very same day, if not I hope it won't take long :(.

3 minutes ago, Luciann said:

On the other hand I need to do it in a hurry. My nearest consulate is almost four hours from where I live, but I have read some can get the document the very same day, if not I hope it won't take long :(.

I wasn't at the consulate when I had my passport renewed; I just at the passport office.  I would suspect their passport process are similar.  Mine was ready in 2 hours.  I would expect anywhere from a 2-4 hour wait for processing.  Go early because there is a cut off hour for processing passports the same day. You don't want to overnight it.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Hello guys,

I read in this threat that we have to make an appointment at our local USCIS center to get a stamp to have a one year extension (by the way, why don't they send an extension letter automatically if they know we have to wait more than one year? ^^).

How do I find out where is our local USCIS office? Is it the place where we did the finger print?

6 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

I wasn't at the consulate when I had my passport renewed; I just at the passport office.  I would suspect their passport process are similar.  Mine was ready in 2 hours.  I would expect anywhere from a 2-4 hour wait for processing.  Go early because there is a cut off hour for processing passports the same day. You don't want to overnight it.

Thank you for answering mrs thb. I have my appt at 10:00, so I think it's ok. 

Mrs thb, when you had your passport renewed, did you include your spouse's last name on it? When I called to make my passport appt, the officer told me it was optional to have my spouse's name on it, but now I have my spouse's last name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.