zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, lovellelatte said:

I need help about calling this number 1-800-375-5283 to check about my status but when it says to enter the reciept number it says it's too short, my case has WAC in it, how do you enter that through the phone i'm confused.

i have also tried the new website most of you use now to track the status updates and i saw this, which i was not aware of AT ALL until i checked yesterday, should i be worried? i sent an email like it says but its june now so i'm freaking out 

c77fc668d683ab66cd71baa7ca7f0ca5.png

for WAC with your phone, just type 922 and then the rest of the numbers. 

26 minutes ago, lovellelatte said:

so i called about it and they said no notice was  sent which makes NO sense to me, why does it say then that i was supposed to get a notice by march 28?? 

Standard response.  It says it on all updates.  It's suggesting that the 'notice' means information from USCIS ie approval.  Since its a form letter, and not personal, the computer spits out a date in hope that your 'whatever approval' will happen before that date.  It's also a nice way for you to stop bugging them for a month.  Guess they hope you forget.  Form letters are like that.  

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

5 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Standard response.  It says it on all updates.  It's suggesting that the 'notice' means information from USCIS ie approval.  Since its a form letter, and not personal, the computer spits out a date in hope that your 'whatever approval' will happen before that date.  It's also a nice way for you to stop bugging them for a month.  Guess they hope you forget.  Form letters are like that.  

what should i do about it then? i was supposed to get something by march 28 and i never gotten anything so should i be worried? 

3 minutes ago, lovellelatte said:

what should i do about it then? i was supposed to get something by march 28 and i never gotten anything so should i be worried? 

Nothing will come.  It's suggesting that if your approval has happened you will get notification by mail, if not contact them.  But in reality you don't need to since you know I-751 approval processing times are another 6-8 months away for CSC filers and 3-4 months for VSC filers (I'm guessimating these times of course since one never knows approval rates at USCIS). 

These updates are generic in that everyone gets the same response.  They are computer generated, and since computers aren't human, they are programmed not to look at each case specifically when updates are sent.  They give the impression that a notice is forthcoming, when indeed, it is not.

Do not be worried and do not get frustrated over this.  We all got them *and will still get them) and expect more since you signed up for the auto-updates.  You can turn this feature off by going into your account.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

1 minute ago, mrs thb said:

Nothing will come.  It's suggesting that if your approval has happened you will get notification by mail, if not contact them.  But in reality you don't need to since you know I-751 approval processing times are another 6-8 months away for CSC filers and 3-4 months for VSC filers (I'm guessimating these times of course since one never knows approval rates at USCIS). 

These updates are generic in that everyone gets the same response.  They are computer generated, and since computers aren't human, they are programmed not to look at each case specifically when updates are sent.  They give the impression that a notice is forthcoming, when indeed, it is not.

Do not be worried and do not get frustrated over this.  We all got them *and will still get them) and expect more since you signed up for the auto-updates.  You can turn this feature off by going into your account.

thank you for explaining it makes more sense now i feel better :)

Just now, lovellelatte said:

thank you for explaining it makes more sense now i feel better :)

;)

you are welcome!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2018-06-07 at 8:06 AM, MB2017 said:

Hello,

I am planning to submit n400 application on July 30th as my window opens up on July 29th. COuld you tell me if you applied online or via mail? If applied online, could you tell me what type of documents you had to upload like tax returns, photo, etc. Thanks

I applied online. Aside from the mandatory evidence of green card and marriage certificate, I also attached joint tax returns for the last 3 years, joint bank statements for the last 3 years, joint apartment leases and now our joint mortgage, joint health and auto insurance policies, my husband’s life insurance policy showing me as the beneficiary, photos, and probably a couple of other things I’ve forgotten.

Filed: Timeline
On 6/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, mrs thb said:

Where do you get 3-4 months from? Vermont is processing June applications, with a few May ones apparently left over. I think you could be unlucky, and get one of their super-special needs or super-lazy dipshits reviewing your case (they're competing in a tough pool for that accolade), but generally, July should be largely done by early August unless they #### something up again. That said, such a situation is far from implausible; I just wondered where you got your information from.

6 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

approval processing times are another 6-8 months away for CSC filers and 3-4 months for VSC filers (I'm guessimating these times of course since one never knows approval rates at USCIS). 

@Jameson before you start throwing daggers.....might you want to look up guessimate....https://www.google.com/search?q=guesstimate&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS723US723&oq=guessimat&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5120j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8      ;) 

Guess you forgot to read that part.  I'll forgive you.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Where do you get 3-4 months from? Vermont is processing June applications, with a few May ones apparently left over. I think you could be unlucky, and get one of their super-special needs or super-lazy dipshits reviewing your case (they're competing in a tough pool for that accolade), but generally, July should be largely done by early August unless they #### something up again. That said, such a situation is far from implausible; I just wondered where you got your information from.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Refresh my memory here for a bit.  I know where to go to see processing times by center.

But what was the handy dandy link to see what cases a particular center (date wise) was currently working on?

Thanks

Mike

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

20 hours ago, Jameson78 said:

Is there any consensus on whether filing the N-400 speeds up or slows down this process, or whether it makes no difference? I've searched these forums and there is a lot of disagreement on this topic.

I think I am going to go ahead and file mine when the window opens for me. Have you heard anything about speeding or delaying the process? I didn't know they were tied to each other. 

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, fcorona85 said:

I think I am going to go ahead and file mine when the window opens for me. Have you heard anything about speeding or delaying the process? I didn't know they were tied to each other. 

I've only heard anecdotal evidence, on these forums, and a bunch of immigration attorneys who disagree with each other. There seems to be a relationship between filing it, and your i-751 case getting processed imminently, but it isn't conclusive (hence my question).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.