dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have the same problem! Was approved June 8th.. got a case number July 8th.. paid AOS 120$ and did the ds-261.. and they also sent after a week or less an email to pay the 325$.. both payments were not deducted from the bank. Called them a few days ago and also said technical issues. Idk when they will fix the problem. Payments say in process. But the IV says not paid. And on the reciept when I click there it says in process. Something is wrong. It's ticking me off 

Edited by Dakha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

20170727_180954.thumb.jpg.53062d47304e07de1776c74c5d37c40b.jpg20170727_180954.thumb.jpg.53062d47304e07de1776c74c5d37c40b.jpgI have the same problem! Was approved June 8th.. got a case number July 8th.. paid AOS 120$ and did the ds-261.. and they also sent after a week or less an email to pay the 325$.. both payments were not deducted from the bank. Called them a few days ago and also said technical issues. Idk when they will fix the problem.  It's ticking me off 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cleon86 said:

I think I'm the conspiracy theorist of the group lol. Anyone else think they have these "issues" on purpose to slow things down or help them get caught reviewing cases? How could this be a problem for so long and if you go back in the forums they've had the same recurring issues for YEARS. It's pretty ridiculous. Same with all the checklists when they mysteriously lose documents. Ok I'm done thinking like I'm on the X Files now lol. 

Hey, can you link us to those thread? Just want to see how did they get it resolve. Tried to search but couldn't find any relevant thread. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone.. 

If you haven't printed out your DS-260 confirmation yet. Just created the following to help you locate it. You have to bring this to your interview. :)

DS-260 Confirmation Example / Printing Instructions. (Must bring to your interview)

Gahhh! Just when I thought the frustrations would be done with once completing the USCIS step NVC pulls through with their own BS 😂😂 my NVC case status says they have received my fees and the next step is to submit ds260 (it has said this for a few days now!) Yet on the actual portal it still says my IV is in process so DS260 hasn't opened up yet. Im currently on hold to them on the phone to see what they say.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Gahhh! Just when I thought the frustrations would be done with once completing the USCIS step NVC pulls through with their own BS 😂😂 my NVC case status says they have received my fees and the next step is to submit ds260 (it has said this for a few days now!) Yet on the actual portal it still says my IV is in process so DS260 hasn't opened up yet. Im currently on hold to them on the phone to see what they say.

Let us know what they said. They always give me generic response about technical problems :/

17 minutes ago, argothiusz said:

Let us know what they said. They always give me generic response about technical problems :/

Nothing new! The guy was really nice and said it's been a rough month lol. All he could tell me to do was to email asknvc@state.gov putting my case number as the subject, starting the email with my name, DOB etc (the usual) then explain the problem and attach something to show that the money had left the bank account. So I have done all of the above but I don't hold out much hope lol. 

8 minutes ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Nothing new! The guy was really nice and said it's been a rough month lol. All he could tell me to do was to email asknvc@state.gov putting my case number as the subject, starting the email with my name, DOB etc (the usual) then explain the problem and attach something to show that the money had left the bank account. So I have done all of the above but I don't hold out much hope lol. 

Yeah, I don't want to be a bubble buster but I emailed NVC as well on June 12th and didn't get a reply until July 8th. By that time my fees had already cleared (about a week after I sent the email) The email reply basically just told me they'd received my payment because duh it had  been a month already lol. Hopefully it doesn't take them that long for you. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Regarding NVC documents and avoiding checklists I saw that it's good to put a stamp / sticker on each document you submit so it doesn't get lost / can be easily relocated.

what information should I include on the stamp ? 

im assuming :

beneficiary name + DOB

petitioners name + DOB

case number 

is this okay? Anyone else have anything different included ? 

Best wishes for those fighting the IV fees.. I paid on July 12th so it's been 14 days now. Apparently it's taking some people 16 days so here's hoping ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Regarding NVC documents and avoiding checklists I saw that it's good to put a stamp / sticker on each document you submit so it doesn't get lost / can be easily relocated.

what information should I include on the stamp ? 

im assuming :

beneficiary name + DOB

petitioners name + DOB

case number 

is this okay? Anyone else have anything different included ? 

Best wishes for those fighting the IV fees.. I paid on July 12th so it's been 14 days now. Apparently it's taking some people 16 days so here's hoping ! 

Hi,

It has been suggested to put your case number on each page in the upper right corner -I don't believe you have to put names on everything, but the case number will definitely help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello all,

question on how to fill up form I-864 if I have requested the extension for the most recent tax year. Should I leave the most recent tax year blank and attach the extension form to I-864?

I have requested the extension for 2016. So the box 19a should stay blank, 19b would be 2015 and 19c would be 2014? 

Thanks for your help ;)

17 hours ago, JBMG said:

Sorry sweetie, I completely forgot that you wanted to be removed from the spreadsheet. Just removed you again now. ;) Hope all is well.  

hey its cool will join bk soon just got my second scan date so its depressing right now lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, trininurse said:

hey its cool will join bk soon just got my second scan date so its depressing right now lol 

I'm sorry.. so not right nor fair.. have you tried submitting an expedited request? 

Is everyone attending the interview with their spouse? I don't know if I'm going to be able to go and was wondering if this is going to look bad that I'm not there? I know I'm not allowed into the interview at the embassy in El Salvador, but what if they want to talk to me? I could try to go, but it depends on what day of the week it falls on since I'm already almost out of vacation.

I'm going to El Salvador the 18th of August to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and with everything we need to pay (last fee payment to the lawyer, medical exam, flights back and forth, etc.) I'm just not sure it's going to be feasible for me to go again in September/October assuming that's when the interview is scheduled for. Opinions? 

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.