dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, spinkycow said:

Hey all, our case has been approved for expedite the NVC will mail the file to the SA embassy now. I have a question on the I864, as per the NVC site an ink signature is no longer required for the form sent to the NVC. Is it ok then to take a prited signature to the interview or do we still need the original wet signature form, my FIL is sponsoring me. And secondly the embassy needs to see both the Tax transcripts and the W2s, this is fine for our co sponsor, but my husband is the petitioner and will therefore also be giving all the aos info, but we dont have W2 we use 1099, are those acceptable. Thanks in advance!

As much as I know the AOS cannot have a printed signature. It has to have a wet signature but the embassy does not need an original you can provide them a copy of the AOS.

1 minute ago, KaurN said:

As much as I know the AOS cannot have a printed signature. It has to have a wet signature but the embassy does not need an original you can provide them a copy of the AOS.

So my FIL can sign the paper and then scan it and email to us and I can print it and take it?

Timeline
1 minute ago, spinkycow said:

Fantastic! Thanks, that saves us having to Fed-ex the papers.

The link below explains everything. Read up if you have any more questions regarding the ink signature. :D

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/news/ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
53 minutes ago, spinkycow said:

Fantastic! Thanks, that saves us having to Fed-ex the papers.

Should also be explained on your p4 letter. :) 

================================================================================

*** IMPORTANT *** Interview Reminders

================================================================================

You already submitted certain forms and documents to NVC. At your visa interview, you must give the

consular officer the original version of each civil document you submitted plus one photocopy for each

person applying for a visa. These original versions will be returned to you.

 The only form you do not need to bring to your interview is the Form DS-260 Application for an

Immigrant Visa. Instead, print a copy of the receipt page from ceac.state.gov showing you submitted the

form online.

 If a financial sponsor submitted an I-864 Affidavit of Support form, you must give the consular officer

a signed version. It can be a photocopy, but the signature cannot be typed or electronic.

 If you do not bring to your interview the original version of all civil documents submitted to NVC, the

consular officer will reschedule your interview.

Please use the helpful checklist on the next page to prepare for your interview. You can also visit

"Interview Preparation - Required Documents" on nvc.state.gov/interview or watch our instructional

video at nvc.state.gov/resources for more information.

====

53 minutes ago, KaurN said:

The link below explains everything. Read up if you have any more questions regarding the ink signature. :D

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/news/ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

Timeline

Hello! 

Just realized that I hadn't updated my VJ timeline with my interview date. If you haven't updated your VJ timeline, please do so.. it's a great feature that often gets neglected.. 

Wishing everyone luck on their July interviews!! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Should also be explained on your p4 letter. :) 

*** IMPORTANT *** Interview Reminders

You already submitted certain forms and documents to NVC. At your visa interview, you must give the

consular officer the original version of each civil document you submitted plus one photocopy for each

person applying for a visa. These original versions will be returned to you.

 The only form you do not need to bring to your interview is the Form DS-260 Application for an

Immigrant Visa. Instead, print a copy of the receipt page from ceac.state.gov showing you submitted the

form online.

 If a financial sponsor submitted an I-864 Affidavit of Support form, you must give the consular officer

a signed version. It can be a photocopy, but the signature cannot be typed or electronic.

 If you do not bring to your interview the original version of all civil documents submitted to NVC, the

consular officer will reschedule your interview.

Please use the helpful checklist on the next page to prepare for your interview. You can also visit

"Interview Preparation - Required Documents" on nvc.state.gov/interview or watch our instructional

video at nvc.state.gov/resources for more information.

====

For the I-864 you have to turn one in if you have an extra financial sponsor aside from your petitioner right? I am my wife's petitioner and our lawyer sent the I-864 we have no other sponsor so he said we don't need a copy of the I-864 at the time of the interview 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Franciscoruizt said:

For the I-864 you have to turn one in if you have an extra financial sponsor aside from your petitioner right? I am my wife's petitioner and our lawyer sent the I-864 we have no other sponsor so he said we don't need a copy of the I-864 at the time of the interview 

I'm bringing a copy.. just in case.. prefer to have more documents than not.. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I'm bringing a copy.. just in case.. prefer to have more documents than not.. 

How do you print a copy if it was already submitted?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Franciscoruizt said:

How do you print a copy if it was already submitted?

I forgot to scan my version that I sent in.. I'm just going to reprint, and sign it.. But in your case, maybe your lawyer has a copy? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I forgot to scan my version that I sent in.. I'm just going to reprint, and sign it.. But in your case, maybe your lawyer has a copy? 

I don't think he does because I spoke to him about this same thing earlier and he said he sent it in the packet...that they have all my paper work already that I do not need a copy but idk anymore 

Timeline
Just now, Franciscoruizt said:

I don't think he does because I spoke to him about this same thing earlier and he said he sent it in the packet...that they have all my paper work already that I do not need a copy but idk anymore 

Well if your P4 letter doesn't request you to bring it, then you're fine. If they do. Then print out a new version, sign it and bring it with you. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Well if your P4 letter doesn't request you to bring it, then you're fine. If they do. Then print out a new version, sign it and bring it with you. 

It just says that if my visa is family based I need to bring a copy.. but I'm the husband petitioning my wife that's not a family based visa right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Franciscoruizt said:

It just says that if my visa is family based I need to bring a copy.. but I'm the husband petitioning my wife that's not a family based visa right?

That is family based.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.