78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Palmira-Cali said:

Hi everyone.

This is way i got the f#([!#@ check list

First: this is for Colombia

As JBMG says we HAVE to check the format of documents requested for the NVC.

My mistake was: i sent the same birth certificate that i sent to USCIS thinking that since it worked for them why it shouldn't work for DOS... well... WRONG!.. they request what is call "copy of the book" birth certificate.. whatever.. i called NVC 3 different times to speak with 3 different guys but they all told me the same thing..: or i send them the right document or i send a letter explaining that at the moment was not possible to produce the correct document and that i will present it the day of the interview .

(I hope u guys understand what I'm saying. )

I did request when i called "please move my case forward and that i will present the right document the day of the interview"... well.. they refused all 3 times and told me the same thing. !

So i did.. whatever.. wait 9 weeks. BS.

The other thing is that for Colombia we don't need to send Police Certificates and translation of birth certificate to NVC.

Police certificate we have to show only the interview day, i guess because in Colombia is free and instant to print.  

Translation are not necessary at all (Birth certificate).

Hope this information is helpful. 

Wish u guys the best

Great write up..  A big thank you for sharing your story. So to confirm, you don't have to send the police certificate to the NVC? Because @krysten.danis was requested to provide this..  Krysten, can you provide your write up here too? Of what went wrong, and what was/is your solution? Thank you.

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, JBMG said:

Great write up..  A big thank you for sharing your story. So to confirm, you don't have to send the police certificate to the NVC? Because @krysten.danis was requested to provide this..  Krysten, can you provide your write up here too? Of what went wrong, and what was/is your solution? Thank you.

I did call the NVC before i sent my package the first time, they told me that i don't have to send police certificates and translation of birth certificate is not required by NVC. I did not send this documents to NVC.

When i got the checklist it was ONLY because they didn't accept the format of my birth certificate.. thats it, i also called NVC to confirm the checklist and they said that the only missing document was the birth certificate. 

So to confirm:

NVC doesn't require Police certificates and translations.

Police certificates are require ONLY the day of interview.

Translations are not require AT ALL.

Once again this is for COLOMBIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone, on 06/07 I received this email, I was in doubt, I have to wait again the 11 weeks? In the email says that we will have the interview scheduled, we sent the criminal background, the I864 was with an error, we called informing, the attendant asked to take the corrected I864 for the interview, and the antecedents sent to the NVC, someone went through something similar ?, thanks for listening.

"

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXX, RAFAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and financial evidence you sent to the National Visa
Center (NVC). According to the current poverty guidelines for a household of your size, the income you
listed does not meet the minimum requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) on this petition. If
you provided NVC with proof of assets in lieu of income in order to meet the minimum income
threshold, please note these assets will not be evaluated by NVC and will only be considered at the time
of the visa interview.
NVC will continue working on your case and will schedule a visa interview appointment overseas. If
you have not included evidence of your assets in your submission to NVC, please make sure that you
bring the evidence to the interview appointment. If you do not have proof of assets to meet the
minimum income requirement, we recommend that you seek a joint financial sponsor or a household
member to join you in financially supporting these immigrant family members.
If you choose to add joint sponsors or household members, please have them complete the appropriate
Affidavit of Support form and give it to the visa applicant to submit at their visa interview, along with
supporting financial evidence such as IRS tax returns. Do not send these documents to NVC. During
the visa interview a consular officer will review any proof of assets that you submitted and any
additional sponsorship documents.

Useful websites:

To review the current poverty guidelines, go to: www.uscis.gov/files/form/I864-P.pdf.

For information on which Affidavit of Support form to use, go to: nvc.state.gov/aos.

For tips on completing Form I-864, go to:
www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864-affidavit-support-under-section-213a-ina.

______10 - BRAZIL FEDERAL POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________
Atestados related to possible violations of federal law are available to persons 18 years of age and older
from any station (Delegacia) of the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are
expunged five years after any sentence has been served. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must
obtain a record from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include violations of federal
law.
For addresses or telephone numbers of Delegacias de Policia Federal an applicant may contact the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro or access the consulate’s website at:
www.embaixadaamericana.org.br. Federal Certificates are also available through the internet.
If the applicant is residing outside Brazil, it is highly unlikely that he/she will get the Police certificate
(only if he/she has someone with a power of attorney to apply on his/her behalf and if the applicant’s
Brazilian ID card was issued by the specific state from which the certificate is being requested). "

event.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rafael G said:

Hello everyone, on 06/07 I received this email, I was in doubt, I have to wait again the 11 weeks? In the email says that we will have the interview scheduled, we sent the criminal background, the I864 was with an error, we called informing, the attendant asked to take the corrected I864 for the interview, and the antecedents sent to the NVC, someone went through something similar ?, thanks for listening.

"

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXX, RAFAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and financial evidence you sent to the National Visa
Center (NVC). According to the current poverty guidelines for a household of your size, the income you
listed does not meet the minimum requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) on this petition. If
you provided NVC with proof of assets in lieu of income in order to meet the minimum income
threshold, please note these assets will not be evaluated by NVC and will only be considered at the time
of the visa interview.
NVC will continue working on your case and will schedule a visa interview appointment overseas. If
you have not included evidence of your assets in your submission to NVC, please make sure that you
bring the evidence to the interview appointment. If you do not have proof of assets to meet the
minimum income requirement, we recommend that you seek a joint financial sponsor or a household
member to join you in financially supporting these immigrant family members.
If you choose to add joint sponsors or household members, please have them complete the appropriate
Affidavit of Support form and give it to the visa applicant to submit at their visa interview, along with
supporting financial evidence such as IRS tax returns. Do not send these documents to NVC. During
the visa interview a consular officer will review any proof of assets that you submitted and any
additional sponsorship documents.

"Do not send these documents to NVC. During the visa interview a consular officer will review any proof of assets that you submitted and any additional sponsorship documents."

This is good news, just need to bring the corrected AOS Form to the interview.  

Useful websites:

To review the current poverty guidelines, go to: www.uscis.gov/files/form/I864-P.pdf.

For information on which Affidavit of Support form to use, go to: nvc.state.gov/aos.

For tips on completing Form I-864, go to:
www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864-affidavit-support-under-section-213a-ina.

Please visit the following to confirm that you meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

If needed, please see the i864 instructions for more info. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

==

Item Number 3. - 17. Current Annual Household Income. This section is used to determine the sponsor’s household income. If your individual annual income listed in Item Number 2. is greater than 125 percent (or 100 percent if you are on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or U.S. Coast Guard and sponsoring your spouse or child) of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size from Part 5., Item Number 8., you do not need to include any household member’s income. See Form I-864P for information on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

To determine the ling requirements for your relatives included in Part 6., Item Numbers 3. - 14., follow the instructions below.

1. If you included the income of your spouse listed in Part 5., Item Number 3., any child listed in Part 5., Item Number 4., any dependent listed in Part 5., Item Number 5., or any siblings, parents, or adult children listed in Part 5., Item Number 7., each one of these individuals must be over 18 years of age and must complete Form I-864A.

2. If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse (he or she would be counted in Part
    , Item Number 1.), you must provide evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status, and the intending immigrant must provide evidence that he or she is living in your residence. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying children.

3. If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is not your spouse, (he or she would be counted on Part 5., Item Number 1.), evidence that his or her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status must be provided and the intending immigrant must provide evidence that he or she is living in your residence. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A, unless he or she has an accompanying spouse or children.

====

______10 - BRAZIL FEDERAL POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________
Atestados related to possible violations of federal law are available to persons 18 years of age and older
from any station (Delegacia) of the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are
expunged five years after any sentence has been served. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must
obtain a record from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include violations of federal
law.
For addresses or telephone numbers of Delegacias de Policia Federal an applicant may contact the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro or access the consulate’s website at:
www.embaixadaamericana.org.br. Federal Certificates are also available through the internet.
If the applicant is residing outside Brazil, it is highly unlikely that he/she will get the Police certificate
(only if he/she has someone with a power of attorney to apply on his/her behalf and if the applicant’s
Brazilian ID card was issued by the specific state from which the certificate is being requested). "

Is there more text? Does it say that you need to resubmit to the NVC before an interview can be scheduled? If not, no worries.. You just need to order the BRAZIL FEDERAL POLICE CERTIFICATE following their instructions.. And bring it with you to the interview.  

So from the text above, looks like you can bring the 2 requested items to the interview. You will not be delayed another 11 weeks. :)  Please confirm that this is the case. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, JBMG said:

"Do not send these documents to NVC. During the visa interview a consular officer will review any proof of assets that you submitted and any additional sponsorship documents."

This is good news, just need to bring the corrected AOS Form to the interview.  

Please visit the following to confirm that you meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

If needed, please see the i864 instructions for more info. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

==

Item Number 3. - 17. Current Annual Household Income. This section is used to determine the sponsor’s household income. If your individual annual income listed in Item Number 2. is greater than 125 percent (or 100 percent if you are on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or U.S. Coast Guard and sponsoring your spouse or child) of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size from Part 5., Item Number 8., you do not need to include any household member’s income. See Form I-864P for information on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

To determine the ling requirements for your relatives included in Part 6., Item Numbers 3. - 14., follow the instructions below.

1. If you included the income of your spouse listed in Part 5., Item Number 3., any child listed in Part 5., Item Number 4., any dependent listed in Part 5., Item Number 5., or any siblings, parents, or adult children listed in Part 5., Item Number 7., each one of these individuals must be over 18 years of age and must complete Form I-864A.

2. If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse (he or she would be counted in Part
    , Item Number 1.), you must provide evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status, and the intending immigrant must provide evidence that he or she is living in your residence. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying children.

3. Se você incluísse o rendimento do imigrante pretendente que não é seu cônjuge (ele ou ela seria contado na Parte 5. , Item Número 1. ), a evidência de que sua renda continuará a partir da fonte atual após a obtenção do residente permanente legal O status deve ser fornecido e o imigrante pretendente deve fornecer evidências de que ele ou ela está morando em sua residência. Ele ou ela não precisa preencher o formulário I-864A, a menos que ele ou ela tenha um cônjuge ou filhos acompanhantes.

====

Existe mais texto? Diz-se que você precisa reenviar para o NVC antes que uma entrevista possa ser agendada? Caso contrário, não se preocupe ... Você só precisa pedir o CERTIFICADO DE POLÍCIA FEDERAL DO BRASIL seguindo suas instruções .. E trazê-lo com você para a entrevista.  

Então, a partir do texto acima, parece que você pode trazer os 2 itens solicitados para a entrevista. Você não vai demorar mais 11 semanas. :)  Confirme que este é o caso. 

Bom dia, obrigado pelas respostas, há mais duas folhas, mas 1 é a folha de rosto com o código de barras, e outra que eu estou anexando, eu realmente estava confuso, em parte diz que devo enviar, em outro que meus processos Continua e terei minha entrevista kkkkkkk. Devo enviar o registro criminal e pegar a entrevista de apoio financeiro?

2017-07-08 11.36.14.png

event.png

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Rafael G said:

Bom dia, obrigado pelas respostas, há mais duas folhas, mas 1 é a folha de rosto com o código de barras, e outra que eu estou anexando, eu realmente estava confuso, em parte diz que devo enviar, em outro que meus processos Continua e terei minha entrevista kkkkkkk. Devo enviar o registro criminal e pegar a entrevista de apoio financeiro?

2017-07-08 11.36.14.png

Hi your text is in Portuguese but I translated it via google translate.. Yes, this is simply saying that the instructions below will tell you if you can bring the documents to the interview or send them to the NVC..   It looks like you can bring both documents with you to the interview.. Have you called the NVC to confirm this? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Hi your text is in Portuguese but I translated it via google translate.. Yes, this is simply saying that the instructions below will tell you if you can bring the documents to the interview or send them to the NVC..   It looks like you can bring both documents with you to the interview.. Have you called the NVC to confirm this? 

Sorry for the error, I am not fluent in English, so I always use Google translator, forgot to copy the text in English, my husband called yesterday, the clerk said we could send the criminal record to the NVC and bring the I864 to the interview , My fear is to enter the count again for 11 weeks, I would very much like to spend my birthday with him (19/10) and if I enter a new count, this will be practically impossible, in any case, I will ask my husband to call On Monday and check.

event.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rafael G said:

Sorry for the error, I am not fluent in English, so I always use Google translator, forgot to copy the text in English, my husband called yesterday, the clerk said we could send the criminal record to the NVC and bring the I864 to the interview , My fear is to enter the count again for 11 weeks, I would very much like to spend my birthday with him (19/10) and if I enter a new count, this will be practically impossible, in any case, I will ask my husband to call On Monday and check.

oh that really sucks.. sorry to hear that.. You could ask for an expedited request..  

How to expedite at NVC?

Go to this link has good information how to go about it.

http://boureypeatnut...m/expedite.html

Just to remind everyone to revisit the NVC Process Wiki, NVC Process Wiki

Timeline

@maolga @Pembley @Edwena @ameise @ILKFC @mriggs @James A @krysten.danis @YuMa @kunzie11 @daisybright

Hello, all of you received a checklist or have had your cases delayed, sorry about that. I hope it's resolved quickly. If you already have your 2nd scan date or have received your CC, please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 with your latest status.

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

Also, if you haven't done so already, please share your story on this forum. Why you received a checklist and what was the solution. Please list your country as well. Your feedback will help others who are preparing for the NVC

Thank you, JBMG

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Another way to avoid a check list: Remember 2 cover sheets( not 1). One cover sheet come from welcome letter, another cover sheet for AOS can print out after pay the fee. @JBMG you can add this reason to the check lists.

4 minutes ago, H&T said:

Another way to avoid a check list: Remember 2 cover sheets( not 1). One cover sheet come from welcome letter, another cover sheet for AOS can print out after pay the fee. @JBMG you can add this reason to the check lists.

That's interesting

I was just about to post about this

There is a coversheet that tells you that you MUST RETURN it, and I got only one for AOS

The other coversheet is actually a checklist

I just wanted to print the coversheet through the CEAC site, but it's down. Is the IV document coversheet different??

Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, H&T said:

2 hours ago, fitleo said:

That's interesting

I was just about to post about this

There is a coversheet that tells you that you MUST RETURN it, and I got only one for AOS

The other coversheet is actually a checklist

I just wanted to print the coversheet through the CEAC site, but it's down. Is the IV document coversheet different??

Thanks

Thanks @H&T for your input. :) 

I've asked the NVC about this a few months ago on the phone after reading on the forum that I was supposed to include it.. They said, no, you won't receive a checklist for not providing the AOS coversheet.. You would receive one if those fees aren't paid though.. you don't have to wait for them to change to "paid" before sending your package, just need to make sure you've submitted payment for all fees.  The most important cover letter to attach in the one with a list of documents to submit to the NVC. The one which you received with your welcome letter..

To confirm, I didn't include the other cover letter, and I did not receive a checklist.   :)

ps.. I can't edit the posts.. I'm not an Admin or moderator. ;) 

Update from original post July 3rd 2017

*July 3, 2017- called NVC for status, was adzed case reviewed July 1, 2017..hmm a Saturday😒. Checklist for an expired POlICE CERTIFICATION from Qatar. EXPIRATION DATE JUNE 28th 2017. CSR advised checklist to be emailed.

*July 4, 2017-checklist received. Advised to submit new POLICE CERTIFICATION from Qatar.

July 5, 2017-called NVC asked for supervisor review because of the following:(open (+) sign to see entire insert.

Screenshot_2017-07-04-05-30-03.png

POLICE CERTIFICATION IS VALID AS I AM NOT A CURRENT RESIDENT OF QATAR AND HAS NOT RETURNED THERE SINCE DEPARTURE JULY 2017.

THEREFORE CHECKLIST IS "INVALID".

Supervisor not available...asked for REVIEW AND CALLBACK.

July 6, 2017-Called NVC..asked for supervisor..none available. CSR advised

REVIEW DEPARTMENT TO ESCALATE. ALSO CSR STATES SHE INQUIRED WITH HER SUPERVISOR WHO WAS ON ANOTHER CALL ABOUT EXPIRED CERTIFICATE..SUPERVISOR TOLD CSR..I AM"NOT" REQUIRED TO SUBMIT NEW ONE.😉

July 7, 2017-Called NVC..asked for supervisor..none available. WAS TRANSFERRED TO A "LINE" LEAD. WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP.

July 10, 2017-Called NVC...no supervisor available...oh well..I will wait until July 14, 2017 and call again if not callback or update.

****What I did notice was..not one CSR knew that the checklist noted EXPIRED POLICE CERTIFICATE...they all stated there was limited information available to them. Each one advised that it was obtained from the wrong source and to refer to their website. Checklist wrong..NVC CSRs wrong too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.