MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Rosepetal3333 said:

Could u explain?

Unless your spouse has a TIN number you'll have to file Married Filing Separately.  In the area where the spouse's Social Security number would be you write NRA.  You'll have to file a paper copy.  

Hope that helps!

12 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Unless your spouse has a TIN number you'll have to file Married Filing Separately.  In the area where the spouse's Social Security number would be you write NRA.  You'll have to file a paper copy.  

Hope that helps!

Are u talking about filing jointly as married or filing separately as married? 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I believe you will file as single or married filing separately since your spouse is overseas and he does not have a ssn or itin number yet. If you are using tax software, you can use their helpline to confirm.

Edited by Luvs2Travel

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Married Filing separately unless the spouse has a tax id number of some sort only then you can file jointly.  Single is not an option as you are not single.  Some may argue the Head of Household but to play it safe file MFS and amend later when the spouse is home.  

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Married Filing separately unless the spouse has a tax id number of some sort only then you can file jointly.  Single is not an option as you are not single.  Some may argue the Head of Household but to play it safe file MFS and amend later when the spouse is home.  

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Le212 said:

Sorry I think I wrote that by mistake. I don’t have an appointment:( 

Unfortunately :(  I hope we will heard something back from them soon Insha’Allah. 

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Uoas said:

Unfortunately :(  I hope we will heard something back from them soon Insha’Allah. 

Inshallah ☹️ Please tell me if you hear anything back. Im praying for you and all of us here.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just an update on my parents case: no update. Since the January 9th and then following a January 10th update, the portal hasn’t updated. Crickets :( 

I just hope all going thru this pain including us get to see our loved ones soon. 

7 minutes ago, Muzammil said:

Just an update on my parents case: no update. Since the January 9th and then following a January 10th update, the portal hasn’t updated. Crickets :( 

I just hope all going thru this pain including us get to see our loved ones soon. 

Were u able to get a response from senator's inquiry?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Were u able to get a response from senator's inquiry?

Congressman’s office to be more specific and no I haven’t. They told me Earlier this week they have not heard back anything yet and I have been unable to reach the rep that is working on my case since yesterday since I am past the 30 day mark which she told me to wait on.

Timeline

Our case updated again today without an inquiry.  It's the 11th update since the interview, 9th after ds5535, twice our updates were 3 consecutive.  When it updates I become hopeful...when they stop  we become depressed.  Has anyone else had this many updates?  We are now 3 months in AP.  I would love for his visa to be issued before his medical is expired InshaAllah but don't want to get my hopes up.  I'd hate for him to have to get a 3rd medical.

Timeline

Is anyone here from California and had a congressman inquire about your case? And how did you contact the cogressman? We have not had any update since Dec.19. Would like to ask them to ask about out case.

2 hours ago, Luckystar78 said:

Is anyone here from California and had a congressman inquire about your case? And how did you contact the cogressman? We have not had any update since Dec.19. Would like to ask them to ask about out case.

For congressman, go to this website https://www.house.gov

Put your area code and it will show who is assigned to your area. You will have to go on their website to contact and fill information release form.

For senator, go to kamila harris or Dianne Feinstein's website and see instructions there

Edited by Rosepetal3333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.