MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tarsha said:

The handle is your username. Do not submit passwords 

Thanks for the information 👍

Today I have seen the Ceac update by my case... it is good sign that something change 👣

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
15 hours ago, cjelie said:

I think that's generally true but from just reading here, it looks like DS5355 is taking longer.

When your fiance sent the DS-5535 by email, did they notify him that they received it?

9 hours ago, Tarsha said:

There’s different types of AP. DS-5535 AP is a Security Check AP and takes longer than the normal AP 

From what I've seen, all AP cases are given a Ds5535, but not all Ds5535 seem to be automatically put on long ap. There were people here who were approved only days after submitting the form. The shortest period I believe was 5 business days--I've also seen 2 and 3 weeks in January. So I don't think the form is a "the new ap" per se. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

From what I've seen, all AP cases are given a Ds5535, but not all Ds5535 seem to be automatically put on long ap. There were people here who were approved only days after submitting the form. The shortest period I believe was 5 business days--I've also seen 2 and 3 weeks in January. So I don't think the form is a "the new ap" per se. 

Thank you for such observation 👀 As I understand there are two terms: very short and very long AP (with DS5535). I guess this is because the one way when the CO just read and decide not submit the form to Washington (short way) and the second one is submission for extreme vetting  which leads to long term waiting... 📆📅📇

5 minutes ago, YooJin said:

Thank you for such observation 👀 As I understand there are two terms: very short and very long AP (with DS5535). I guess this is because the one way when the CO just read and decide not submit the form to Washington (short way) and the second one is submission for extreme vetting  which leads to long term waiting... 📆📅📇

Yes I think. Long administrative processing existed before the Ds5535. So it's important not to assume that all the cases with the Ds5535 would be subjected to similar delays. With that being said, there's no way of knowing what to expect when it comes to processing time-- I have been waiting for months under ap, and only recently have I been given the form. I feel like not even the Co's know what to expect. But, if it's any consolation, I have yet to see a case get denied after a Ds5535... So, patience you must have, my young padawans. 

4 hours ago, Ali-f said:

When your fiance sent the DS-5535 by email, did they notify him that they received it?

We got an immediate response to resubmit in word document format (not PDF).  I emailed them again yesterday to follow up on our second version and haven't heard back (but I know today is a holiday in Lebanon)

Timeline
3 hours ago, YoungPadawan said:

can you  please explain the above more if possible.  i didnt understand   "the new ap'' under se. 

also, i noticed that the DS-5535 date on the top is expired already. i dont understand that either.

good luck to all.

Edited by Ali-f

13 minutes ago, Ali-f said:

can you  please explain the above more if possible.  i didnt understand   "the new ap'' under se. 

also, i noticed that the DS-5535 date on the top is expired already. i dont understand that either.

good luck to all.

Administrative processing could mean many things. They could be conducting background checks on you, or they could just be reviewing your application for a couple of days. It's impossible to know.  I guess what I was trying to say is; that you shouldn't worry too much about the Ds5535 form. Hopefully you'll be able to go to your family soon. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

Administrative processing could mean many things. They could be conducting background checks on you, or they could just be reviewing your application for a couple of days. It's impossible to know.  I guess what I was trying to say is; that you shouldn't worry too much about the Ds5535 form. Hopefully you'll be able to go to your family soon. 

understood, thanks. good luck to you as well.

Edited by Ali-f

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have some great news, Alhamdulillah! After having our Visa Interview for a permanent resident, spouse vIsa (not fiance) in Casa Blanca on June 19th, 2017 and being placed in Administrative Processing with form DS 5535, my wife was issued her Visa on January 29th, 2018. She now has her sealed envelope in her hand and can enter the country anytime between now and June 22nd, 2018.

I visited her in Fes in early January and let the Consulate know that I was in the country through email. They then called her and asked if I was indeed in the country with her, then they said they were sending her passport back to her so she may redo the medical exam and that the case was going to be complete in a couple weeks. I am not sure of this timing was a coincidence or if me visiting her was connected to the progression of the case, I am just grateful for the visa being issued.

I would like to say that this was very heavy upon my mental health and my heart, but we remained patient and resilient, we relied upon God first and foremost, we remained optimistic and hopeful that we would be together. I know this is so stressful and difficult for you, but very soon you will look back upon this experience and smile knowing that you can be with your loved ones. Keep praying everyday. I hope your visas will be issued soon, God willing.

Warmly,

Fedi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fedi said:

Hello everyone,

I have some great news, Alhamdulillah! After having our Visa Interview for a permanent resident, spouse vIsa (not fiance) in Casa Blanca on June 19th, 2017 and being placed in Administrative Processing with form DS 5535, my wife was issued her Visa on January 29th, 2018. She now has her sealed envelope in her hand and can enter the country anytime between now and June 22nd, 2018.

I visited her in Fes in early January and let the Consulate know that I was in the country through email. They then called her and asked if I was indeed in the country with her, then they said they were sending her passport back to her so she may redo the medical exam and that the case was going to be complete in a couple weeks. I am not sure of this timing was a coincidence or if me visiting her was connected to the progression of the case, I am just grateful for the visa being issued.

I would like to say that this was very heavy upon my mental health and my heart, but we remained patient and resilient, we relied upon God first and foremost, we remained optimistic and hopeful that we would be together. I know this is so stressful and difficult for you, but very soon you will look back upon this experience and smile knowing that you can be with your loved ones. Keep praying everyday. I hope your visas will be issued soon, God willing.

Warmly,

Fedi

Congrats on the good news!!!!!  Thank you for sharing this message, it gave me hope and patients to remain calm :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

Congrats on the good news!!!!!  Thank you for sharing this message, it gave me hope and patients to remain calm :)

Congrats and very happy fr both of ya hope u too enjoy ur bright future

42 minutes ago, Fedi said:

Hello everyone,

Warmly,

Fedi

Congratulations! Wishing you joy and happiness. Did your ceac update at all during 2017? 

Edited by YoungPadawan

Timeline
3 hours ago, Fedi said:

Hello everyone,

Warmly,

Fedi

Congrats! Thanks for the information about waiting. Many blessings to your family!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.