stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Don't be weak already. The long wait is still ahead of you. Try to relax and keep up the good communication with your partner. Always remember that each spray that goes by will be one day closer to you being together. 

Thank you jwlussow for the encouragement. 

By the way, are you from Philippines? What exact location?

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Just now, Birveonrty said:

Thank you jwlussow for the encouragement. 

By the way, are you from Philippines? What exact location?

My fiancé is.  She is from Pateros, Metro Manila

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, jwlussow said:

I didn't want to start another topic in case this information is buried here somewhere.

My fiancé and her two teenage children (14 and 17) are all coming to the US.  I am trying to plan a little ahead.  I see the visa fee (MRV) for my fiancé is $265.  Is the fee for the kids the same?

Also, I know about the medical costs but I was wondering where the cutoff age is set.  I believe I've seen both under 14 and under 15 listed as the cutoff age.  My future step daughter will be 14 if all goes well (January birthday).  Do I pay the adult fee or child fee for her?

Then there is the CFO fee and the travel tax.  Am I missing anything?

@jwlussow i believe 14 is the age cut off and considered adult. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our I129-F was marked as received on the 23rd of June. Still no NOA1. Should I call or is it still too early?

Edited by Konor94

25 minutes ago, Konor94 said:

Our I129-F was marked as received on the 23rd of June. Still no NOA1. Should I call or is it still too early?

They say to give it a month but looking here most NOA1s are within a week.  I would call.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Was Just having a read through mays forum and a member of VJ friend filed early may and recently received an RFE.

nice to know that they are close to June. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KandW said:

Was Just having a read through mays forum and a member of VJ friend filed early may and recently received an RFE.

nice to know that they are close to June. 

That surely must be an expedited case.  As far as I'm aware they haven't even started touching April yet...

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
Just now, vocaledge said:

That surely must be an expedited case.  As far as I'm aware they haven't even started touching April yet...

They didn't mention that it was, so unsure. I'll ask. April filers are due to to be receiving their noa2 soon.

Hello!! This place is amazing and so uplifting!! I mailed ours June 23rd they received the next day and cashed with in a week. The week after that received va letter it's in process!!! Eeeek! How do I receive e-mailed notification and text alerts?? Thanks in advance!

Amanda

1 minute ago, Mandaricky said:

Hello!! This place is amazing and so uplifting!! I mailed ours June 23rd they received the next day and cashed with in a week. The week after that received va letter it's in process!!! Eeeek! How do I receive e-mailed notification and text alerts?? Thanks in advance!

Amanda

You can sign up for email or text updates on the USCIS site.  All you need is the tracking number

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, jwlussow said:

You can sign up for email or text updates on the USCIS site.  All you need is the tracking number

Where do I find tracking number??

Just now, Mandaricky said:

Where do I find tracking number??

It should be on the letter you received that you are being processed.  For us K-1 visa people that letter is the NOA1 (Notice Of Action 1).

The tracking number should be on it.  The K-1 tracking number starts with WAC.  Not sure about the F-1.

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

It should be on the letter you received that you are being processed.  For us K-1 visa people that letter is the NOA1 (Notice Of Action 1).

The tracking number should be on it.  The K-1 tracking number starts with WAC.  Not sure about the F-1.

Ok thanks! Appreciate all the help!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just checking in -- NOA1 was June 5.

I've had some financial setbacks, including an emergency driveway repair -- I live in a very rural area, and a landslide resulted in an unexpected $8700 repair bill and I was already out another $17k for an unexpected house problem in April. So I *very* sheepishly submitted an expedite request through the USCIS customer service folks via telephone, based on extreme financial hardship. My fiancee doesn't work right now, so I'm paying for both of our households, and naturally it would be much easier during all of this if the process could be expedited. These are temporary but very stressful circumstances, financially. I know from a couple of other stories here in VJ that financial hardship can sometimes result in an expedite approval. There's more to my own story, but the landslide repair was the capstone moment where I thought an expedite request would justify asking to jumping the line.

The expedite request was submitted on June 30, and was denied today July 14.

There are some other relevant facts that might help others in similar circumstances, or at least provide some interesting details others may find useful:

1. My initial telephone request resulted in a quick email response & was posted to the USCIS status update site fairly quickly

2. I received an email 3 days later requesting additional information, which I faxed back on July 6. The USCIS fax line took a few attempts before the fax finally got through, but I did get a "success" confirmation report. The fax was 9 pages.

3. I called USCIS on July 12 to make sure they'd received the fax -- the phone rep told me the fax had been received on July 4 (what???) and I asked her to confirm that 3 times, I was incredulous because I didn't send it until July 6.

4. Yesterday July 13 I received an email from USCIS saying they weren't able to determine if my fax had ever been sent, as it never got to the right person.

5. The USCIS fax line for CSC 949-389-3441 was again not answered by their fax machine or service, whatever they're using. My last fax took 18 attempts over a 24 hour period before it finally went through. I used two different fax machines on two different lines, as well as two different web-based fax services to try to get through -- so I know the problem wasn't on my end. I even called the USCIS fax line by cell phone, it just rings & rings with no answer or fax pickup.

6. After the last attempt (via fax service), I called USCIS customer service & got put through (on a callback) to a Tier 2 immigration officer, who provided me with an email address to use an an alternative means of getting the fax to them. He was incredulous that there was any sort of problem or issue with the CSC fax line, but I assured him there was no answer on their end.

6. Oddly, right after I sent the email as directed by a Tier 2 officer, I got a notice from one of the fax services I'd used, that the fax finally got through. This all happened this morning.

Then, just a few minutes ago, I received the denial of the expedite request. It was about an hour after my fax got through, about an hour & 15 minutes after I'd sent the email as per what the Tier 2 officer told me.

I'm actually ok with the denial, at least there's no waiting to hear on that. I'll be financially stressed through October, there are a lot of unexpected repairs on a house I didn't even know was mine until recently... long story. I had a fair chance to make my case, but it didn't pass muster -- it is what it is.

... now I'm back in line, with everyone else, and if this experience can help anyone else, well then, good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Chichis said:

Hello...same month..we got our noa1 last june 24..and now still waiting for the noa2...i hope it's not going to take very long..is there a way they can expedite the process...?my fiance's active military...thanks and godbless everyone...

NOA2 would take a little longer... case to case basis.. minimum of 2 months or more.. as what I've heard from others.

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.