JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
On 8/8/2017 at 3:01 AM, JBMG said:
VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Review dept to CC - DAYS Case Complete (CC) SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City
AmyLo 10/13/2016 6/2/2017               Mail IR1 Spain Madrid
Bobsue (not on VJ) 12/1/2016 6/2/2017 5/25/2017 Checklist           Mail CR1 Nepal Kathmandu
ECBZ 1/4/2017 6/2/2017               Mail CR1 Belize Belmopan
Kadupul 7/28/2016 6/5/2017 7/27/2017 7.43           Mail CR1 Nigeria Lagos
Clary 6/10/2016 6/7/2017 7/13/2017 5.14           Mail IR5 The Dominican Republic Santo Domingo
enriquesblanco 5/14/2015 6/14/2017               Mail IR1 El Salvador San Salvador
Myheart0628 8/4/2016 6/14/2017               Mail CR1 Ghana Accra
Elleandeff 10/31/2016 6/15/2017               Mail CR1 Bangladesh Dhaka
SMNQ 3/18/2017 6/15/2017               Mail IR1 Philippines Manila
kshaheen 10/20/2016 6/16/2017 7/28/2017 6.00           Mail CR1 Pakistan Islamabad
rahill 9/27/2016 6/20/2017               Mail CR1 Ethiopia Addis Ababa

Hi @AmyLo @bobsue (not on VJ, please update) @ECBZ @Kadupul @Clary @enriquesblanco @myheart0628 @Elleandeff @SMNQ @kshaheen @rahill

Hello, it's been 7 weeks since your scan date. The NVC seems to be processing cases faster these days. Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status 

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm.  

See Example

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire .

================================

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or even within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Good luck!! 

Congratulations to everyone with approvals!  I am excited to say that I just got off the phone with NVC and we have a case complete as of today!  I just updated the spreadsheet.  Let me know if I did it incorrectly and I will try again.  Still shaking a little bit! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, dildeepnagra said:

Is it necessary to get cc confirmation mail or email from NVC. NVC confirm cc on phone but we don't get any email or mail from NVC . Our case complete was on 3rd aug. 2017

NVC tends to send status updates through email (i.e. CC, checklist, etc). I received my CC email from NVC 1.5 weeks after confirming through the phone. You'll get one in an email then once you'll receive another once your case is in queue ready to an embassy appointment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ECBZ said:

Congratulations to everyone with approvals!  I am excited to say that I just got off the phone with NVC and we have a case complete as of today!  I just updated the spreadsheet.  Let me know if I did it incorrectly and I will try again.  Still shaking a little bit! :)

Yaaaaaaaay! Congratulations!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, RamStu said:

NVC tends to send status updates through email (i.e. CC, checklist, etc). I received my CC email from NVC 1.5 weeks after confirming through the phone. You'll get one in an email then once you'll receive another once your case is in queue ready to an embassy appointment. 

Okk. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, ECBZ said:

Yay!! Congrats. Thanks for already updating the spreadsheet. :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
8 hours ago, dildeepnagra said:

Is it necessary to get cc confirmation mail or email from NVC. NVC confirm cc on phone but we don't get any email or mail from NVC . Our case complete was on 3rd aug. 2017

I've never received confirmation of cc email, but they send me the interview letter email. I've read the cc letter is to notify that you're in line for interview. I guess, if you got the interview date earlier, you might not getting the cc letter. 

49 minutes ago, AnnaLuke said:

I've never received confirmation of cc email, but they send me the interview letter email. I've read the cc letter is to notify that you're in line for interview. I guess, if you got the interview date earlier, you might not getting the cc letter. 

Yeah. May be we will get interview letter directly. Thank you for reply

Today is week #7 and I called this morning for an update and nothing yet. I have a feeling it my heart it will be next week or the week after. (If heart feelings count for anything lol)

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

1 hour ago, cleon86 said:

Today is week #7 and I called this morning for an update and nothing yet. I have a feeling it my heart it will be next week or the week after. (If heart feelings count for anything lol)

Your almost there!! Just a little patience and it will be over before you know it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, dildeepnagra said:

Can someone tell me about FNU(first name unknown). Today i got my cc confirmation email and on this email my name is wriiten aa benificiary name  FNU XYZ. I have no surname on my passport. 

That is fine. My husbands documents said the same. People who don't use their surnames run into to this. I had confirmed with NVC over the phone and they said it is not an issue.

Edited by KaurN

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hello all,

could you please help me a bit with my visa status? In may I got my first checklist where NVC wans my passort bio page and AOS. We submit documents on June 09 and on 08 August I got second checklist due to problems with AOS ( does not meet poverty guidelines) and there was written to bring new AOS to visa interview. 

Now my visa status is "AT NVC", does it mean that case is completed and I must wait when interview will be scheduled or what ?

Без імені.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Roman123 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hello all,

could you please help me a bit with my visa status? In may I got my first checklist where NVC wans my passort bio page and AOS. We submit documents on June 09 and on 08 August I got second checklist due to problems with AOS ( does not meet poverty guidelines) and there was written to bring new AOS to visa interview. 

Now my visa status is "AT NVC", does it mean that case is completed and I must wait when interview will be scheduled or what ?

Без імені.png

Yep this means that your case is complete and you will be in line to be scheduled for an interview. You might need a joint sponsor to be able to meet the poverty guidelines but you don't have to send the AOS to NVC now you just have to take it along to the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.