dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mellisa said:

Guys im shaking my status says at nvc and aos is missing i am crying and i didnt even call to confim i havent seen my son in 10 years ....could this be it😭😭😭 happy tears

This makes my heart Happy ❤because my husband hasn't seen his mother in 11years also. Good luck!! I wish you the best! Congratulations!

40 minutes ago, Mellisa said:

Guys im shaking my status says at nvc and aos is missing i am crying and i didnt even call to confim i havent seen my son in 10 years ....could this be it😭😭😭 happy tears

Congratz. Happy for you. Good luck. Anyone can please  explain what is AOS and what does it mean if that missing or not? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Awai5 said:

Congratz. Happy for you. Good luck. Anyone can please  explain what is AOS and what does it mean if that missing or not? 

AOS is the affidavit of support line. When it disappears, that usually means the NVC has reviewed your file and approved.

Edited by April Mora

Just now, April Mora said:

AOS is the affidavit of support line. When it disappears, that usually means the NVC has reviewed your file and approved.

Thanks for yoru reply. But it only says completed. And At NVC. There no word like AOS

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Awai5 said:

Thanks for yoru reply. But it only says completed. And At NVC. There no word like AOS

You may have a case complete. You should call the NVC to confirm.

To confirm your CC, call the NVC

Calling from outside of the US
Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US
Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number
NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]
Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am / 7h-8h or 23h-24h
Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)
Time Zone Converter

Menu
Press 1, for English
Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date
2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number
3, to verify that they received your mail
4, to confirm date and time of interview
5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address
6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas
7, for all other questions

1 hour ago, JBMG said:

Thanks Cadtousa for writing this up.  I've known someone else who gave similar advice.. Since then, I always try to encourage those with a checklist to get in contact with a supervisor as it could help them decrease their processing time.. I've tagged the following. I hope they'll benefit from your advice. 

@Jannette23 @Nassar86 @maolga @ShellsBells @trininurse @JessieABC @Adreamer @cesofd @lol2 @Pembley @Clary @Ninahuanca @someone3 @ameise @Winna @Edwena @mriggs @Shugi @Kadupul @Jcattachony @mrsod @YuMa @Iffat Nizu @Palmira-Cali

Here is Cadtousa's story taken from her notes on the spreadsheet. 

I got a checklist in 10th week (June 09th) and then sent my proof of Canadian residency which they received on June 13th.After that we tried expedite but got rejected after 1 week saying we need to give fair chance to all applicants. My wife tried calling many times and spoke with supervisor and explained them our situation and checklist for just one document PR card. One nice lady (supervisor) told us she will send it for supervisor review. And we were able to get a callback from same lady after 4-5 days and she reviewed our document on phone and told us she will complete our case. detailed response can be found on June 2017 thread. also one more thing we used lawyer and she never helped us to get out of checklist.thank you all.

Good luck to you all. Hang in there folks. 

JBMG. 

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other" -  Walter Elliot

Hope yet lives for me then  lol. Thank you so much for posting this. 

NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Point of Entry at JFK in NYC!!! 

TIMELINE (I-751 Removal of Conditions for Spouse)
USCIS Phase 
Spoiler
  • 10-08-2019:  I-751 Mailed to Dallas USCIS PO Box (USPS Flat Rate Box)
  • 10-11-2019:  USPS delivery confirmation
  • 10-16-2019:  Text received confirming receipt number; case found in MyUSCIS system several hours later
  • 10-17-2019:  Check cashed by USCIS
  • 10-21-2019:  I-797 NOA received (Notice Date: 10/16) of acceptance
  • 11-01-2019:  I-797C NOA received (Notice Date: 10/25) for Biometrics appointment
  • 11-12-2019:  Biometrics completed
  • 11-13-2019:  Case status changed to “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”
  • 12-24-2019:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-27-2020:  Case status changed to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview”
  • 04-22-2021:  Infopass appointment scheduled and extension stamp provided
  • 07-12-2021:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times (reply expected by 8/3)
  • 03-09-2022:  Received email response to inquiry from 7/12/22 restating status with no updates provided
  • 09-16-2022:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times
  • 10-17-2022:  Requested assistance from local Congressman
  • 11-28-2022:  Congressman's office received USCIS statement that "application has been identified as a potential interview waiver application"
  • 03-27-2023:  USCIS Requested additional evidence "as it has been several years since you've submitted this petition" 
  • 05-13-2023:  Sent RFE response via USPS certified Priority mail
  • 05-17-2023:  USCIS received RFE packet
  • 05-19-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “New Card is Being Produced" 
  • 05-22-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Case Was Approved" 
  • 05-24-2023:  USCIS case status updated to reflect new Green Card was mailed
  • 05-25-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" 

26 minutes ago, JessieABC said:

Hope yet lives for me then  lol. Thank you so much for posting this. 

yes hope is always alive. keep trying. :)

Hello,

For CR1 Visa Petitioner has no income, petitioner's father is joint sponsor. Below is the list of AOS doc we are preparing.

1. 1. I-864 for petitioner with ZERO income ( learned even though petitioner income is zero, have to submit I 864 as she is a main sponsor)
  2. 2. Cover letter explaining petitioner zero income.
  3. 3. I-864 for Joint sponsor  ( Or should it be  I-864A  ?? ) 
  4. 4. Tax Transcript for last 3 year [Of Joint sponsor]
  5. 5. Letter of Employment. - ( join sponsor is self employed - what could be the letter ? )
  6. 6. Pay stubs from the most recent seven months ( again self employed - Bank statement can work here ? )

Kindly check and suggest for point 3  5 and 6. also see if this need any correction..

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NihalV said:

Hello,

For CR1 Visa Petitioner has no income, petitioner's father is joint sponsor. Below is the list of AOS doc we are preparing.

1. 1. I-864 for petitioner with ZERO income ( learned even though petitioner income is zero, have to submit I 864 as she is a main sponsor)
  5. 5. Letter of Employment. - ( join sponsor is self employed - what could be the letter ? )
  6. 6. Pay stubs from the most recent seven months ( again self employed - Bank statement can work here ? )

Kindly check and suggest for point 3  5 and 6. also see if this need any correction..

#3, I am not sure with this one. #5, & #6 could be substituted with letters explaining how he is self employed (for each item they require). All he would need is to show that his income is enough and that he has a steady amount for the year (show his assets), so bank statements showing deposits etc for the past year or two would work, along with his tax transcripts and W2's. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, NihalV said:

Hello,

I would like to add that in the letter written for #5, he could still list the points they ask for in the letter of employment, but still explain that he is self-employed.

7 minutes ago, April Mora said:

#3, I am not sure with this one. #5, & #6 could be substituted with letters explaining how he is self employed (for each item they require). All he would need is to show that his income is enough and that he has a steady amount for the year (show his assets), so bank statements showing deposits etc for the past year or two would work, along with his tax transcripts and W2's. 

1 minute ago, April Mora said:

I would like to add that in the letter written for #5, he could still list the points they ask for in the letter of employment, but still explain that he is self-employed.

For #6 bank statement seems more relevant to me ,but then #5 what can be the proof ? :mellow: ..  

Also I am more concerned for #3

as per NVC ,  I think I have to submit I-864A for including household member income to sponsor. still not sure

(https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html )

59556866ac8ab_2017-06-3002_19_58-CollectFinancialDocuments.jpg.3ba928a7c620c09dd6a58fea1ce0dcb6.jpg

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Timeline
19 minutes ago, NihalV said:

For #6 bank statement seems more relevant to me ,but then #5 what can be the proof ? :mellow: ..  

Also I am more concerned for #3

as per NVC ,  I think I have to submit I-864A for including household member income to sponsor. still not sure

(https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html )

59556866ac8ab_2017-06-3002_19_58-CollectFinancialDocuments.jpg.3ba928a7c620c09dd6a58fea1ce0dcb6.jpg

#3, since the NVC website says I-864A for joint sponsor I would have him fill that one out then.

As for #5, He would just explain that since he's self-employed, there's no one to write a letter of employment for him. (I think it's okay to be redundant and have two separate letters for missing items) In this letter he could list; how long he's been working for himself, it's a all-year job, and it's permanent. (and anything else that the NVC asks to be written in the letter of employment) That would be the "proof". 

Edited by April Mora

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.