2,532 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, phem0r said:

We filed I-751 on 6/4/17 and received I-797 NOA with Receipt Date of 6/8/17 with my 1 year extension. We received my I-797C NOA biometrics appointment letter dated 6/17/17 for an appointment on 7/3/17 which was completed.

My GC's 1 year extension expires on 8/11/18. At what point should i file for I-551 InfoPass stamp in my passport?

Now, especially since your GC date has passed.  I would be looking into making that infopass appt today.  Some offices are difficult to book so I'd begin to research it asap.  Other offices are easy and appts are usually  2 weeks out.  I'd begin to investigate your situation today.  

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

2 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Now, especially since your GC date has passed.  I would be looking into making that infopass appt today.  Some offices are difficult to book so I'd begin to research it asap.  Other offices are easy and appts are usually  2 weeks out.  I'd begin to investigate your situation today.  

Assuming you mean my actual GC and not the extension expiration date. The InfoPass stamp, from what i've read is 1 year from the date of the stamp. Guessing that, once i can make an appointment, the closer to my extension expiration date the better? So that i get the maximum time from the stamp?

3 minutes ago, phem0r said:

Assuming you mean my actual GC and not the extension expiration date. The InfoPass stamp, from what i've read is 1 year from the date of the stamp. Guessing that, once i can make an appointment, the closer to my extension expiration date the better? So that i get the maximum time from the stamp?

Not necessarily so,  There's been talk that the IO has discretion as to the date on the stamp.  It could be a 3-6-9-12 month date.  One would hope that a year from now your I-751 is approved, so essentially you don't need a (full) year stamp.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed along with one that quoted removed post. Post constructively or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, mrs thb said:

Not necessarily so,  There's been talk that the IO has discretion as to the date on the stamp.  It could be a 3-6-9-12 month date.  One would hope that a year from now your I-751 is approved, so essentially you don't need a (full) year stamp.

Thank you. Googling I-551 has given me this link (https://my.uscis.gov/appointment) to make an InfoPass appointment. Do they add new appointment slots every morning for 2 weeks away?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was told that my extension letter expires on the date of that..NOT my GC date. I had really hard time getting an appointment with my field office in Nashville..my extension expires July 6..my app is June 27....start looking into it now. No they do not add appointment slots every morning.ive tried everyday for the last 11 days and just got one this morning

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just got  notification that a new card is being produced. I am a VSC June filer (case received on June 8th 2017). The website so far updated only for the I-751 receipt (the first receipt number). I'll keep you posted if something else changes. My receipt number start with EAC17251XXXXX. I applied online for my N400 on June 5th (I am not sure if this triggered the acceptance). I also had an infopass scheduled for the 18th but at this point I won't need it. Good luck to every one. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, USBoston said:

Hello everyone,

I just got  notification that a new card is being produced. I am a VSC June filer (case received on June 8th 2017). The website so far updated only for the I-751 receipt (the first receipt number). I'll keep you posted if something else changes. My receipt number start with EAC17251XXXXX. I applied online for my N400 on June 5th (I am not sure if this triggered the acceptance). I also had an infopass scheduled for the 18th but at this point I won't need it. Good luck to every one. 

Congratulations!!!! :)

6 minutes ago, USBoston said:

Hello everyone,

EAC1725100167 new card is being produced on june 11, 2018,  that must be yours 

congrats 

i am 17251 too, but nothing happened to mine :D

Edited by gc@gc

9 minutes ago, USBoston said:

Hello everyone,

as of today, among 17251's 206 cases,

3 cases as name was updated;

2 case as card is being produced;

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was mailed to me

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

as of today, among 17251's 206 cases,

3 cases as name was updated;

2 case as card is being produced;

2 case as RAF;

1 case as card was mailed to me

Tbh, I don't think that they are even updating the online database consistently. Some people are getting mail notifications, but nothing changes online. What a mess.

2 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Tbh, I don't think that they are even updating the online database consistently. Some people are getting mail notifications, but nothing changes online. What a mess.

thats true

if checking the vsc case status on oct 4, 2017, one will believe they dont really keep the information updated

Who else checks their case status update about 5 times a day at the moment. I'm running out of patience!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Whitehead said:

Who else checks their case status update about 5 times a day at the moment. I'm running out of patience!

Me. 

I do not know what to do, as I am transitioning jobs. I am dying to receive my 10 year GC. Lol

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jameson78 said:

Where do u go to see these updates ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.