2,532 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2017 at 4:34 PM, Ksenia_O said:

No idea, at all... the only thing I know  - ROC currently takes at least a year. Somebody mentioned 12-24 months.  So, it could be months before somebody "alive" gets to your case..  and it depends completely on that person  - if IO will be fine with info you have originally submitted.... months ago, or - would like to get more info from you, or -  just up-dated info on what you've already submitted...  

Actually, it takes CSC 10 months to process I-751, while takes VSC 11 months now, according to USCIS Processing time.

The information USCIS posted on June 29, 2017, as of April 30, 2017, CSC processed applications submitted on June 9, 2016; and VSC procssed applications submitted May 2, 2016

Back in later April, we received two separate letters from VSC, ( exactly same letter ),  they remind us to file i-751 to remove condition. We were kind of surprised: since when service centers became so customers friendly :D

Any of you received this kind of letter as well?

1 minute ago, DD1 said:

Once 751 is approved then will we person get GC and Approval letter to gather at same time?

I am not June filer but just want to know about the time lines for approval letter and gc.

you can search the previous i-751 filers's posts, let's say those who filed their i-751 early last year, you should be able to get some sense of it

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi guys,

I received my Biometrics notice today! There are two receipt numbers!

First one is "Application number" 

I-751 - EAC XXXXXXXXXX

The second one is "Application number 2"

CRI89 - EAC XXXXXXXXXX

Now, I was able to track the second application number online, but not the first it says "invalid"!!! 

Anyone has experienced something like that?

Edited by ReRe2015

4 hours ago, ReRe2015 said:

Hi guys,

I received my Biometrics notice today! There are two receipt numbers!

First one is "Application number" 

I-751 - EAC XXXXXXXXXX

The second one is "Application number 2"

CRI89 - EAC XXXXXXXXXX

Now, I was able to track the second application number online, but not the first it says "invalid"!!! 

Anyone has experienced something like that?

that happens to everyone, i think

In the instructions pdf for I-751, in the Evidence of the Relationship section, they have asked to submit not only the original affidavits but also in the last paragraph they are saying : Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

I have 2 questions, please help me on this :

1 : Can some one tell me what they mean by this ?

2 : I have obtained the affidavits from family and friend. Is it not sufficient ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello, we got our appointment letter yesterday 7/8 for an appointment on 7/18. Do I need to go with him? Does he need to take anything really other than his resident card? Sorry it's really early and I just saw this in the mail (I subscribed to the usps mail preview when I saw ya'll recommend it and didn't check the mail yesterday and happened to just look at my email on an early morning what time is it break) and had a wait I wasn't expecting this moment so I'm super confused.

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 1 Hardcopy received 12-13-13

Alien Reg Number Assigned 12-17-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Sent to NVC 5-6-14 Received 5-14-14

Left NVC 5-19-14 Arrived in Sydney 5-23-14

Interview Email received 5/27/14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS packet delivered 9/11/14

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Biometrics appt: 10/6/14. We had 2 appts on dif days, but got both done at once and was in and out in 30min at the Nashville location.

EAD Notice: 11/25

EAD Received with wrong b-day 12/4 Contacted on Dec 13th to send it back and they will determine the next step about reissuing it.

EAD fixed by going to an infopass appt. The woman was able to fix it in the system and said don't waste the $ on a new EAD.

Potential Interview Waiver Received 3/2/15

Green Card in hand 7/29/15!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

In the instructions pdf for I-751, in the Evidence of the Relationship section, they have asked to submit not only the original affidavits but also in the last paragraph they are saying : Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

2 : I have obtained the affidavits from family and friend. Is it not sufficient ?

Someone told me here that if you have sufficient evidence then you dont need to submit this. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, crymwest said:

Hello, we got our appointment letter yesterday 7/8 for an appointment on 7/18. Do I need to go with him? Does he need to take anything really other than his resident card? Sorry it's really early and I just saw this in the mail (I subscribed to the usps mail preview when I saw ya'll recommend it and didn't check the mail yesterday and happened to just look at my email on an early morning what time is it break) and had a wait I wasn't expecting this moment so I'm super confused.

Is it for the biometrics? It'll says something about bla bla to get biometrics taken and then it'll list what to bring, normally the notice itself and the green card. That's all. You don't need to be there.

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

11 hours ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

It means don't include only the affidavits by themselves in your packet, you have to also submit the other evidence they want, like financial account statements, joint mortgage/lease, etc.

Edited by piano
clarity

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

Timeline

To those who submitted their I-751 my gc will expire in october 24 of this year. When should i submit my papers then? I have them completed but i was told i cant submit it just yet.

Timeline

Can someone help me with the filing fee? I understand i meed to send two checks, one is for the I-751 form with the fee of $595 and the second check is for biometrics fee of $85 am i correct?

so the total amount to be mailed is $680?

Edited by MandL

29 minutes ago, MandL said:

To those who submitted their I-751 my gc will expire in october 24 of this year. When should i submit my papers then? I have them completed but i was told i cant submit it just yet.

Check here, it does the calculation for you.  You cannot submit your I-751 early, they will send it back.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html

19 minutes ago, MandL said:

Can someone help me with the filing fee? I understand i meed to send two checks, one is for the I-751 form with the fee of $595 and the second check is for biometrics fee of $85 am i correct?

so the total amount to be mailed is $680?

One cheque with the total being $680.  Whoever said 2 cheques is incorrect.  One will do.

Edited by mrs thb
type o

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

3 hours ago, MandL said:

Someone told me here that if you have sufficient evidence then you dont need to submit this. Hope this helps.

Yes, you are correct.  Affidavits are used when couples do not have sufficient co-mingling of assets and liabilities.  They are considered secondary pieces of evidence and hold little value in the scheme of things when little financial evidence is provided.  I did not send any in with my package and have read they are to be notarized if used.  

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.