Cheshami

Iranian Administrative Processing

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Just now, NBA16 said:

It's easier for females. Government job, higher education (masters degree and higher) , computer science and IT jobs and education, Arabic names and military training can cause AP and it can be longer by having more factors.

Oh I forgot to mention. She has an M.Sc. in Control Engineering (Electrical engineering)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pardiiix said:

Oh I forgot to mention. She has an M.Sc. in Control Engineering (Electrical engineering)

Thank you so much! It's good news to me since I was sure I will go through administrative processing because of my degree, now there is some hope

Timeline

Hello !

I went through the exact same problem.

My fiance was approved on interview on jan 25 2017 and ever since he is on administrative process its now 5 month that we have been waiting. 

Please do let me know if you get any update from abu dhabi consulate since I have faced the exact sams experience , I have written to them tried to call and all we get are auto reply emails which the last time said up to 9 month!! 

I am really panicking and I dont know what to do. 😩

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Leila 

Thank you so much for sharing your info. It defiantly helped alot

I noticed since end of June his case has been getting updated every week but its still under administrative processing. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is the date that was last updated. July will be 7 months since is interview. I emailed them and they keep saying your case is still under processing. Please check online for updates. Nothing more to it. Makes me think if its going to take the whole 9 month for them to approve him. His medical screening is expired so i know he needs to get those again. 

Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 1:30 AM, Vanessa Maria said:

Hello !

I went through the exact same problem.

My fiance was approved on interview on jan 25 2017 and ever since he is on administrative process its now 5 month that we have been waiting. 

Please do let me know if you get any update from abu dhabi consulate since I have faced the exact sams experience , I have written to them tried to call and all we get are auto reply emails which the last time said up to 9 month!! 

I am really panicking and I dont know what to do. 😩

Hi Vanessa 

So I am on the same page with you hun

to be honest there is no way on earth to figure out how long this process is.

I keep emailing them and they tell me the same exact thing. your case is under A.P ... please keep checking online for further notice

His case was recently updated once a week starting end of june but its the same as before. When I email them they gave me a window of 3-9 months process. Any update on yours?

Timeline
On 6/24/2017 at 9:03 PM, Leila120 said:

@Cheshami

Administrative processing is now between 300 - 450 days on average for Iranians. According to the forums and timelines, the average clearance is around 12 months. The Iranian American Bar Association (IABA) recently asked hundreds if not thousands of immigrant visa applicants to send them their information regarding how long they have been in administrative processing. The report concluded that most applicants are getting cleared after 11 months. 

My husband had his CR1 interview in Ankara on September 23, 2016. Which was exactly 9 months ago. Our last official CEAC update was on December 12, 2016. I recently emailed the embassy last month and asked them if our administrative processing is nearly finished but they just said we don't know and to please be patient and we will contact you when it's finished. So they are not helpful at all! 

I recently learned that when the FBI or other agencies receive your file from the embassy that the CEAC will not be updated until the FBI forwards your file back to the embassy. When you start seeing updates again then it means the administrative processing is finishing and you should be issued a visa soon. 

Thank you so much Leila for sharing 

This whole process is so stressful... any updates on your case?

i repelled to your message but not under quote...sorry 

Although I'm not Iranian but I'm going through the same long AP process with my fiancé . He did his interview in Iraq Baghdad at 9/28/16 and it has been in AP with no CEAC update since 12/4/16 . I let my senator contact them but they replied with the usual message that it's going through admin processing and they will let me know when it is complete. This is a stressful journey for all of us and I do hope that those who are waiting in the long AP will get their visa issued soon. Please keep me posted about your AP process . Good luck everyone 

41 minutes ago, Leila120 said:

My husband just received an official update today! Our last update was in December 2016 so I'm glad we finally received it after a long 7 months with nothing. I hope it means that our case is finishing. I'll let you guys know when we receive news that our case is complete. 

👍

That's great news I hope mine gets updated soon as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I had my interview on August 23rd and I am under administrative processing now. The reasons were IT related job and master in computer engineering. Officer just asked me 5 questions about when we got married, how we met, why we got married on first visit, my education and my jobs.

Now when applicants go through administrative processing, embassy asks them to fill DS-5535 form too.

fingers crossed for all of us

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Has anyone had any updates on their AP? my finance's  case has been under AP since his interview for more than 9 months now. The last time they updated his case was 08/16/2017. Before that they updated his case every week for a month ... and now nothing again.. :/ 

Edited by Cheshami

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.