Cheshami

Iranian Administrative Processing

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

We have the same issue :( I'm going to talk to a lawyer next week. Read these if you had time . 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W_NGZltpmwaCwFj5qlIzVUKlAYoPcbtfW1x2HWKu6nY/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
14 minutes ago, BanafshehMahziar said:

We have the same issue :( I'm going to talk to a lawyer next week. Read these if you had time . 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W_NGZltpmwaCwFj5qlIzVUKlAYoPcbtfW1x2HWKu6nY/pub?single=true&gid=2&output=html

Lawyers can't help with administrative processing, it will be more like waste of money. First call your embassy and be sure they sent out your document to FBI, because sometimes they forget about it and the documents sit on the desk for months at embassy, second you can visit this website: http://iaba.us/

if you are under administrative processing for longer than 6 months, this Iranian community helps Iranians with this issue.

I know how frustrating this process can be, we need to be patient

Timeline
On 5/29/2017 at 0:23 PM, NBA16 said:

You're welcome dear friend

It's been 11 months for us and we are at NVC stage now (they received our documents on May 5th and it will take up to 11 weeks to receive a checklist or case complete)

I expect to have my interview in 7 months, and i am almost sure i will go through administrative processing since i have master degree in computer engineering, I won't be surprised if the whole process takes up to 30 months

Oh wow you guys are almost thee!!! wish you both best of luck!  

This whole process is very stressful and its nice to know that i am not the only one feeling this way and this whole process at least for Iranians are this long. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, BanafshehMahziar said:

OMG is this legit??!?! This is crazy!! how long have you applied for your fiance?

Timeline
12 hours ago, NBA16 said:

Lawyers can't help with administrative processing, it will be more like waste of money. First call your embassy and be sure they sent out your document to FBI, because sometimes they forget about it and the documents sit on the desk for months at embassy, second you can visit this website: http://iaba.us/

if you are under administrative processing for longer than 6 months, this Iranian community helps Iranians with this issue.

I know how frustrating this process can be, we need to be patient

I agree that lawyers can't really do much. they will just take your money and give you some words of comfort. However I would love to call Embassy of US in Abu Dabui .. but there is no number for the visa center. they keep saying email us .. and their email automated. Plus they changed administrative processing  from 3-6 months to 3-9 months .. I got their email :

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When will my administrative processing be completed?
Most cases are resolved within three to nine months of the visa interview depending on the individual circumstances of each person. All updates will be posted online – continue checking the website regularly for updates. If we need additional information, we will update the website. Visa applicants are reminded not to make any non-refundable travel plans until they receive their visas.

Timeline
12 hours ago, BanafshehMahziar said:

A Mohajersara member made it based on timelines on that website : https://www.mohajersara.org/forum/thread-1857-page-1093.html

Timeline
7 hours ago, Cheshami said:

Oh wow you guys are almost thee!!! wish you both best of luck!  

This whole process is very stressful and its nice to know that i am not the only one feeling this way and this whole process at least for Iranians are this long. 

Thank you so much

Yes pretty long for Iranians, specially the family based visas. It seems like other categories get done with administrative processing faster.

Timeline
On 5/28/2017 at 11:11 PM, Cheshami said:

Hello everyone 

My fiancé is from Iran his case was approved Oct 14, 2016

His interview was Dec 18, 2016 and everything was OK there was no talk about him being denied or anything. He was just missing couple of paper works where the councilor told him that he can bring those when he picks up his visa once approved. That we should check online constantly for his statues. His statues has been under administrative processing for 5 months now.

Now my question is that has anyone from Iran specially male applicants who went for visa gone through administrative processing and for how long? 

I've asked around and they have said males who go to "sarbazi" or military training go under administrative processing. In couple days it will be his 6 month and I am starting to get worried little by little that is taking too long. 

I had my interview on 15 May and officer told me everything is ok but your case needs administrative processing and just bring Translation of your military exemption when your case is ready. I emailed the embassy 3 days ago and asked them shall I bring the documents ASAP or I have to wait until my case status become to READY? and they replied after 7days:

thank you for your email, you can submit it when your case is ready.

as far as I know they only respond to online inquiries through this link . I hope everyone get their visas sooner.

Timeline

We had recently received our NOA2, the letter claims that they will forward it to the listed consulate. We haven't listed any, how can we get information on it?

How long does changing the consulate take? And how can we do so?

Timeline
7 hours ago, pardiiix said:

We had recently received our NOA2, the letter claims that they will forward it to the listed consulate. We haven't listed any, how can we get information on it?

How long does changing the consulate take? And how can we do so?

Call NVC and ask for your case number +1 603-334-0700 (if you're calling from Iran, 3:30 p.m. Tehran time is the best, it will be a short call for you) they will tell you about your consulate. they choose it randomly for Iranians if they don't list any, It can be Ankara, Abu Dhabi or Yerevan. As i know changing the consulate is possible as long as your case is still at NVC and it's really a short time for K1 visa.

Just now, NBA16 said:

Call NVC and ask for your case number +1 603-334-0700 (if you're calling from Iran, 3:30 p.m. Tehran time is the best, it will be a short call for you) they will tell you about your consulate. they choose it randomly for Iranians if they don't list any, It can be Ankara, Abu Dhabi or Yerevan. As i know changing the consulate is possible as long as your case is still at NVC and it's really a short time for K1 visa.

Changing it at NVC for a K-1 is only possible if it's a mistake on NVC's end and you are able to get a hold of somebody who knows what they're talking about at NVC. Otherwise, you need to make a request via email or askNVC, which takes several weeks to get a response (and the I-129F petition is likely to have been sent to the embassy long before that). I made at least 2 calls to NVC every day for a week (speaking with 2 supervisors) to try to have them change it to no avail.

It might be different if there was no embassy/consulate listed on the NOA2, though.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 10:22 PM, geowrian said:

Changing it at NVC for a K-1 is only possible if it's a mistake on NVC's end and you are able to get a hold of somebody who knows what they're talking about at NVC. Otherwise, you need to make a request via email or askNVC, which takes several weeks to get a response (and the I-129F petition is likely to have been sent to the embassy long before that). I made at least 2 calls to NVC every day for a week (speaking with 2 supervisors) to try to have them change it to no avail.

It might be different if there was no embassy/consulate listed on the NOA2, though.

We just called NVC exactly 2 weeks after receiving NOA2 +1 603-334-0888, and they hadn't sent the packages to our consulate. So we asked if we could switch consulates, and they said we could. We have to send an email asking for it to be changed, along with the consulates country's visa and other info. They said if we act quickly, it wouldn't even add delay.

We did NOT fix a consulate on the form at the beginning. We just left it blank. They picked Ankara, Turkey, and we're switching to Montreal, Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, know nearly every Iranian male that had to go through administrative processing, even if he had no military history. Even women are required to get it these days. From all the forums that I read, most administrative processing takes between 11 - 14 months now. For last year, the time was less. I created a group on Facebook called, (Administrative processing for Iranians ) This page has a timeline that has over 200 visa applicants with their interview date, embassy and visa type. If you like, you can join my group and enter your fiancée date and embassy information so that we know the "average" clearance times for these cases. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, NadineNazarian said:

Sadly, know nearly every Iranian male that had to go through administrative processing, even if he had no military history. Even women are required to get it these days. From all the forums that I read, most administrative processing takes between 11 - 14 months now. For last year, the time was less. I created a group on Facebook called, (Administrative processing for Iranians ) This page has a timeline that has over 200 visa applicants with their interview date, embassy and visa type. If you like, you can join my group and enter your fiancée date and embassy information so that we know the "average" clearance times for these cases. 

A female friend of mine applied for a F2A visa from Vienna, they told her as soon as her medical records arrive she can pick her visa up, with no AP!

Her case was expedited, not sure if that helped her.

Timeline
1 minute ago, pardiiix said:

A female friend of mine applied for a F2A visa from Vienna, they told her as soon as her medical records arrive she can pick her visa up, with no AP!

Her case was expedited, not sure if that helped her.

It's easier for females. Government job, higher education (masters degree and higher) , computer science and IT jobs and education, Arabic names and military training can cause AP and it can be longer by having more factors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.