Jump to content
Amica Nostra

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

NYTimes: Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation
Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation https://nyti.ms/2rsbpec
 


ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Mueller seems to be a good choice. He appears to be a person of integrity, and time will tell. Dems & Reps have their work cut out for them. 

Yeah, but wikileaks has started to put out stuff...odd timing, non?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

battalion of White House aides entered the Oval Office together to present a unified front after the bombshell.

The Justice Department had appointed a special prosecutor to oversee the probe into Russia's alleged involvement in the 2016 presidential election, White House counsel counsel Don McGahn had just told President Donald Trump. Many of Trump’s top aides gathered with the president Wednesday evening just after deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein signed the order and called McGahn — and just before the news exploded publicly in Washington.

Trump handled it better than anyone expected, according to a person in the room. His reaction was “extremely measured,” another said.

He didn't yell or scream. He told the assembled crowd they had nothing to hide.

The mood in the room appeared to be one of resigned acceptance even though they were blindsided. “Everyone knew this wasn't good news," this person said.

The announcement marked yet another severe blow to the 45th president just 118 days into his term. It followed eight days of chaos inside the White House after the president suddenly fired FBI director James Comey, further crippling an administration already struggling with internal discord and mounting crises at home and abroad.

The president Wednesday afternoon had been interviewing candidates for FBI director when the news arrived. His staff had no advance notice that a special prosecutor would be appointed.

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/donald-trump-special-prosecutor-mueller-238534

Edited by Jacque67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good thing that will help to confirm or dispel all the rumors and speculation.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

battalion of White House aides entered the Oval Office together to present a unified front after the bombshell.

The Justice Department had appointed a special prosecutor to oversee the probe into Russia's alleged involvement in the 2016 presidential election, White House counsel counsel Don McGahn had just told President Donald Trump. Many of Trump’s top aides gathered with the president Wednesday evening just after deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein signed the order and called McGahn — and just before the news exploded publicly in Washington.

Trump handled it better than anyone expected, according to a person in the room. His reaction was “extremely measured,” another said.

He didn't yell or scream. He told the assembled crowd they had nothing to hide.

The mood in the room appeared to be one of resigned acceptance even though they were blindsided. “Everyone knew this wasn't good news," this person said.

The announcement marked yet another severe blow to the 45th president just 118 days into his term. It followed eight days of chaos inside the White House after the president suddenly fired FBI director James Comey, further crippling an administration already struggling with internal discord and mounting crises at home and abroad.

The president Wednesday afternoon had been interviewing candidates for FBI director when the news arrived. His staff had no advance notice that a special prosecutor would be appointed.

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/donald-trump-special-prosecutor-mueller-238534

I fail to see how this is a blow?  Is it presupposing that there was any actual crime?  With more than six months of investigation and nothing, I hope Mueller does complete this very quickly, and includes the actions by the previous administration officials with respect to spying on US citizens.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I fail to see how this is a blow?  Is it presupposing that there was any actual crime?  With more than six months of investigation and nothing, I hope Mueller does complete this very quickly, and includes the actions by the previous administration officials with respect to spying on US citizens.

I pointed this out here when  Trump fired Comey and set these wheels in motion. The special counsel will have a mandate to look at all aspects of these events. If in the course of this work other things come to light they can ask the ag to expand the investigation. These things do not  wrap up in a week. Dollar to a donut this special counsel is still running after the next election.

Edited by ccneat

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ccneat said:

I pointed this out here when  Trump fired Comey and set these wheels in motion. The special counsel will have a mandate to look at all aspects of these events. If in the course of this work other things come to light they can ask the ag to expand the investigation. These things do not  wrap up in a week. Dollar to a donut this special counsel is still running after the next election.

Yep, one reason why most are reluctant to appoint them because they waste way too much money and generally last way too long.  I think the Dems will be happy as they want this drug out as long as possible for political fodder.  The one issue I have with this appointment is that it is purely political as so far no crime has been uncovered.   


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

I fail to see how this is a blow?  Is it presupposing that there was any actual crime?  With more than six months of investigation and nothing, I hope Mueller does complete this very quickly, and includes the actions by the previous administration officials with respect to spying on US citizens.

You want them to investigate Bush too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teddy B said:

You want them to investigate Bush too?

Sure, but didn't Scooter Libby already go to jail?


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Yep, one reason why most are reluctant to appoint them because they waste way too much money and generally last way too long.  I think the Dems will be happy as they want this drug out as long as possible for political fodder.  The one issue I have with this appointment is that it is purely political as so far no crime has been uncovered.   

The deputy AG has knowledge of things we don't 

We are fairly sure we are watching obstruction of justice...or at least something that looks like it. 

 


ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no!!! Thought the mueller appointment would serve as a check!!!

eric talked about witch hunt at 5.40 am approx,

now trump on a whining Twitter rampage !!! Mcgahn will be quitting soon if he has any sense. It's trump's Saturday night massacre!!! Keep the nuclear codes away from him!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×