p_a_m_i_e

If we park our vehicle in El Paso and take a cab to Ciudad Juarez is it safe?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I would suggest having someone drop you off there and not leaving your vehicle.

I would be more concerend about the safety of crossing back into the USA from Mexico.

I hope you have Visa or GC, if not DOn't try coming back into the USA, you may be detained, deported, & Banned.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How about at the Airport? I would assume that there is secure long term parking there, and it should be convenient to get public transport at the airport.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

What I mean is are there places in El Paso to park your car that have security and can keep it safe for you? Even if you are gone for a week or so?

The airport is probably your best bet. After all people leave their cars there for weeks all the time.

What I mean is are there places in El Paso to park your car that have security and can keep it safe for you? Even if you are gone for a week or so?

Usually you'll find places to park where they'll 'watch' your vehicle for a fee - someone familiar with ElPaso can probably point some out directly. Should be safe yes...

I've done it in Nogales - not for so long but there are those that do.

Could always park it in long term parking at the airport too..cab to the border and off you go.. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Usually you'll find places to park where they'll 'watch' your vehicle for a fee - someone familiar with ElPaso can probably point some out directly. Should be safe yes...

Could always park it in long term parking at the airport too..cab to the border and off you go.. :thumbs:

There is a place in front of the airport...I forgot the name, I am from El Paso...you will see it, however I would not just leave it somewhere, we have a high auto theft rate...if you are military, you can take it and leave it on the base...there are thousands of possibilities.

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Yes, there are places to park your car along the US border there, but not the best security when it comes to watching cars, so please choose wisely. I also think the airport would be your best bet.

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I actually grew up in El Paso and lived there from 1983-2002 and I gotta say that I do NOT recommend that if you plan on staying gone for more than a day. I had my car parked there for just a few hours on a friday night while we went to a club. I paid the guy extra to watch my car and my stereo got stolen out of it anyway - perhaps the guy did it himself, who knows.

OH MAN - THIS THREAD IS WAAAAAAY OLD! lol

You're from El paso too? So am I. I went to Fannin Elementary, Ross Middle, and Austin High School. What part of town are you from? I used to live right down the street from parkland HS but later on moved to the east side by cielo vista mall. What a small world!

There is a place in front of the airport...I forgot the name, I am from El Paso...you will see it, however I would not just leave it somewhere, we have a high auto theft rate...if you are military, you can take it and leave it on the base...there are thousands of possibilities.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I wonder if things have changed crossing the border. When I was a teen, we would always go walk across the border to go to the clubs there. When we'd cross back, they would ask "Your nationality?" I would always say "American" and they NEVER asked for a passport. I had my military ID since my dad was in the army but that's all they ever looked at. I wonder if it's changed.

When i found out that my PR status was invalid because I left the US for more than a year, all my friends told me to fly to Mexico and come back through Juarez. I still had my PR card but it would have been invalid once crossing through a POE. I didn't want to do it though - too scared and didn't wanna jeopardize anything LOL.

I would suggest having someone drop you off there and not leaving your vehicle.

I would be more concerend about the safety of crossing back into the USA from Mexico.

I hope you have Visa or GC, if not DOn't try coming back into the USA, you may be detained, deported, & Banned.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

If you have a nice set of rims on your car they might be gone the next day. :jest:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Post is four months old - she's been to CDJ and back home for a LONG time.

Information can always be helpful to new people asking similiar questions :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Information can always be helpful to new people asking similiar questions :thumbs:

Obviously but the reason I posted that was because Magnolia was addressing questions directly to the OP who no longer posts here . . . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Obviously but the reason I posted that was because Magnolia was addressing questions directly to the OP who no longer posts here . . . .

:o maybe we should file a missing person report! :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!