lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hopephilly said:

You have to send a proof that you filed the last 3 years taxes .

i did not pay the taxes yet but I did file them and the application was approved .

I just have to start a payment plan with IRS  before the date of the interview to avoid any kind of delay .

good luck 

The main problem is i didnt file the last year tax. Can i send 13,14 and 15 tax return and send last year w2 ?  I dont owe irs any money but just didnt file last year tax. I wish i can file now but irs dont accept filing taxes now. It looks like i am stuck until next year to file citizenship. 

Thanks for the perspective

35 minutes ago, tiredofwaiting said:

The main problem is i didnt file the last year tax. Can i send 13,14 and 15 tax return and send last year w2 ?  I dont owe irs any money but just didnt file last year tax. I wish i can file now but irs dont accept filing taxes now. It looks like i am stuck until next year to file citizenship. 

Thanks for the perspective

I think you should console with your CPA to seek some help. They might help you to solve the tax problem. They have some methods that we don't know. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi friends,

i have a question. I recieved a text message stating that my case had been updated and to check my online account. I thought great! And went to check but no changes had been made. I decided to check my email and I had not recieved an email either. Weird. I decided to wait and give it time but now I realize that it's Saturday (are updates done on Saturday as well?) I see that the text message came from a regular phone number instead of the 6 digits? (Does that make sense?) I tried looking the number online to see if anything linked up to USCIS but nothing,  I just know it's a New Mexico phone number. I feel like I may be overthinking this but Im just wondering if anyone knows if all this is "normal" 🤔 Lol

I think I'm overthinking this because I've had my biometrics done on 6/13 and I've been patiently waiting and not even checking my case online but now I want some answers 😜hahaha 

Thank you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ge08 said:

Hi friends,

i have a question. I recieved a text message stating that my case had been updated and to check my online account. I thought great! And went to check but no changes had been made. I decided to check my email and I had not recieved an email either. Weird. I decided to wait and give it time but now I realize that it's Saturday (are updates done on Saturday as well?) I see that the text message came from a regular phone number instead of the 6 digits? (Does that make sense?) I tried looking the number online to see if anything linked up to USCIS but nothing,  I just know it's a New Mexico phone number. I feel like I may be overthinking this but Im just wondering if anyone knows if all this is "normal" 🤔 Lol

I think I'm overthinking this because I've had my biometrics done on 6/13 and I've been patiently waiting and not even checking my case online but now I want some answers 😜hahaha 

Thank you!

I got a text message this morning too but nothing is changed on the website. the phone number is 505-969-6670

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ge08 said:

Hi friends,

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Tdiep said:

I got a text message this morning too but nothing is changed on the website. the phone number is 505-969-6670

Same thing happened to us. How would someone else other than uscis have all our phone numbers? We are already in line for interview since June 20th. 

Edited by vosnmars

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Maybe they will update the online account on Monday (as per usual) and the texts got sent beforehand?

I got a email this morning stating: Your case is still being reviewed.  There are no updates at this time.  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time.  We will notify you when  your case status changes.  We last took action on your case on June 10, 2017.

I had my bio on 6/28, and my case status still says that the Biometrics appointment was scheduled. Has anyone else gotten this? 

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

14 minutes ago, alebrije said:

Maybe they will update the online account on Monday (as per usual) and the texts got sent beforehand?

I got a email this morning stating: Your case is still being reviewed.  There are no updates at this time.  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time.  We will notify you when  your case status changes.  We last took action on your case on June 10, 2017.

I had my bio on 6/28, and my case status still says that the Biometrics appointment was scheduled. Has anyone else gotten this? 

Yes, I got it this morning too. My Biometrics was 06/21.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, alebrije said:

I can't help to feel it's like Homer's EVERYTHING'S OK ALARM!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ge08 said:

Hi friends,

Thank you!

Same story with me. Received text message, no email and nothing updated online.

22 hours ago, Mehrdad576 said:

I tild you guys. One month to 5 years anniversary is not a theory. Its a fact. @lovelyalex  any updates? 

No update for me!  Sorry for the delay, I was in Maine all week internet free!

And as of right now I can't get the USCIS website to work to check it!

Edited by lovelyalex

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Tdiep said:

Yes, thats the phone number! lol I hope all our cases update on Monday 😊 

They might have updated their systems this weekend or something if you all got texts and I can't get the site working.

Our journey:

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys, I know it`s too early to ask questions about interview, coz I `m still in line for interview and maybe this will take 9 months or less.

Q) there are lengthy questions in part 12 of N-400..actually my answer for all of `em (no) ,will the interviewer ask me to explain why I answer no?

I mean questions like Nazi   communism, and totalitarian ....etc

Edited by rubya

7 minutes ago, rubya said:

Guys, I know it`s too early to ask questions about interview, coz I `m still in line for interview and maybe this will take 9 months or less.

Q) there are lengthy questions in part 12 of N-400..actually my answer for all of `em (no) ,will the interviewer ask me to explain why I answer no?

I mean questions like Nazi   communism, and totalitarian ....etc

Not unless you show up dressed like Adolf Hitler, I don't think so no.

Our journey:

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, lovelyalex said:

Not unless you show up dressed like Adolf Hitler, I don't think so no.

lol...

what about question 46 

Do you understand the full oath of Allegiance to the united states ? 

The oath is long , do I need to read it before interview ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.