lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mehrdad576 said:

I think at this point its not a theory. To me its proven since almost everyone goes in line one month prior to their 3/5 years anniversary 

For me it was dead on. Our anniversary is 7/28 and we got the "put in line" notice on 6/28. As long as we interview before December, I'm happy. The wait is bearable. 

16 minutes ago, himalayanV said:

Thanks man! I thought this was fairly quick, hoping that it keeps going smoothly but you never know haha. 

Does being in line for interview suggest that name check is done? I would imagine that can't really be done in 4 days but what do I know. 

Typically yes!  There has been a lot of speculation about how long some of these things take.  The answer seems to be "how long is a piece of string?"

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

New to this forum and am using my iPhone which is acting up. So please excuse my poor layout. Will try and update the spreadsheet document when I get time after work.

Green card since; 08/19/2014

N400 Mailed; 05/19/2017

NoA1; 05/25/2017

Biometrics Appointment; 06/26/2017

Filing Office is Orlando, Fl.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, lovelyalex said:

Typically yes!  There has been a lot of speculation about how long some of these things take.  The answer seems to be "how long is a piece of string?"

BTW, i said thanks man, do let me know if you're a woman :)

and I know what you mean. The more answers I look for when it comes to USCIS, the more confused I become. 

Also I hope my outspokenness about our president here in the USA on social media is not a problem for me eventually :/

2 minutes ago, himalayanV said:

BTW, i said thanks man, do let me know if you're a woman :)

and I know what you mean. The more answers I look for when it comes to USCIS, the more confused I become. 

Also I hope my outspokenness about our president here in the USA on social media is not a problem for me eventually :/

I am a women but it's okay!  

Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or societal sanction - so I think you're okay :whistle: .  A lot of us feel the same way, and that is partly why there is a big increase in applications I think.  Folks want to cement their ties to the country and because to make a difference in future elections and governments.  That being said, we do try and keep politics out of these threads - but there are other boards on this site where people speak very openly about their political beliefs.

Edited by lovelyalex

Our journey:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
48 minutes ago, lovelyalex said:

Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or societal sanction - so I think you're okay :whistle: .  A lot of us feel the same way, and that is partly why there is a big increase in applications I think.  Folks want to cement their ties to the country and because to make a difference in future elections and governments.  That being said, we do try and keep politics out of these threads - but there are other boards on this site where people speak very openly about their political beliefs.

Yes! Those are the things about America that I hold close to my heart! And I will be keeping politics out of this thread as well :)

Did you get in line for interview yet? You are not that far away from me but I would assume Boston is much busier than Albany.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, lovelyalex said:

I thought you are the guy with long beard in the picture....Sorry

8 minutes ago, rubya said:

I thought you are the guy with long beard in the picture....Sorry

That's my husband! :jest:

Our journey:

1 hour ago, himalayanV said:

Did you get in line for interview yet? 

No I am still showing as biometrics pending, even though I did that a month ago. Boston moves pretty quickly for a metro area though, so I'm not too worried.

Our journey:

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys I have question: 

I had traffic ticket it was parking ticket, I asked for disposition from the court and the receipt too. But the problem the officer who gave me the ticket misspelled my name  he put last letter d instead of a and ate the first letter of my last name . I faxed court they sent me the incorrect copy and told me we cant fix it and even we can`t give you any proof .and you need to contact the officer who did this mistake , I called police station they told me this is an old ticket 2012 we don`t have any record for you go to the court ...lol. 

I don`t know what to do? 

Any one has the same experience please.. They gave a copy of my ticket my incorrect name was written by hand.

Edited by rubya

1 hour ago, rubya said:

Guys I have question: 

I had traffic ticket it was parking ticket, I asked for disposition from the court and the receipt too. But the problem the officer who gave me the ticket misspelled my name  he put last letter d instead of a and ate the first letter of my last name . I faxed court they sent me the incorrect copy and told me we cant fix it and even we can`t give you any proof .and you need to contact the officer who did this mistake , I called police station they told me this is an old ticket 2012 we don`t have any record for you go to the court ...lol. 

I don`t know what to do? 

Any one has the same experience please.. They gave a copy of my ticket my incorrect name was written by hand.

I am sure if you explain this to the interviewing officer it will be ok. I believe that as long as we tell the truth there is nothing to worry about . However I don't have experience with this. 

6 hours ago, rubya said:

Guys I have question: 

I don`t know what to do? 

It's only a parking ticket. No worry about it. If the ticket is no more than 500 dollars, you don't have to submit any document with it. Just take the copy with you during the interview. If IO asked for it, show it and explain. You will be fine. Don't be panic about it.  

51 minutes ago, US lover said:

I see some people getting interviews within 2 months of applying. I'm at the Los Angeles county field office and still not "in line for interview". NOA 5/8. Might it really take a year for us?

Please add your info to the thread and this goole sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit#gid=0

The processing time depends on the field office. We are in Los Angeles field office, which means more people apply for N400 than small cities. So the processing time might be slow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.