JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sd7 said:

Found this useful info for everyone:          

The process for paying the fee is the following:

1. At the conclusion of your interview at the US consulate you will be given your A Number, your department of state case ID which is three letters with nine or ten numbers, and a sealed visa packet. You will also be given instructions regarding what you need to do to pay the fee

2. Create an online USCIS ELIS. Go to www.uscis.gov/USCIS-ELIS. Follow directions to create and online account and select “USCIS Immigrant Fee” and complete your personal biographic information.

3. Pay the USCIS immigrant fee of $165. You can pay the fee for all family members in one transaction. If you pay for family members, you must have their A-Numbers, DOS case ID numbers, and correct biographic information. You may pay with a valid credit or debit card, or a US bank checking account with the appropriate bank routing numbers.

4. Travel to the US

5. After you are admitted to the United States, USCIS will verify payment of the USCIS immigrant fee and mail your permanent resident card (green card) to the address you provided to the department of state at the time of your immigrant visa interview.

Many people believe that they will not be allowed to enter the US until they have paid this fee, and in fact we have heard that some officers at the consulate tell them that they cannot travel to the US until this fee is paid. This is not correct.

Once you have been approved at the consulate, a stamp will be placed in your passport and you have six months in which to enter the US and officially claim your status as a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

The USCIS immigrant fee is not required to be paid prior to traveling to the US; however you will not be given an actual physical plastic green card until the fee has been paid.

The stamp in your passport which indicates that you are a permanent resident is only valid for a period of one year and cannot be extended. If you have not paid the immigrant visa fee by the end of the one year, the stamp will expire and you will no longer have any proof that you are lawfully residing in the United States.

USCIS strongly recommends that you pay the immigrant fee after you receive your immigrant package from the department of state and before you depart for the United States.

The USCIS immigrant fee allows USCIS to recover the cost for processing and maintaining the immigrant visa package, and the cost of delivering and producing the permanent resident card.

Attorneys, accredited representatives, employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS immigrant fee. Only you are the immigrant, may open a USCIS ELIS account and pay the required fee.

Please keep a copy of your receipt for your records. If you fail to pay your fee after entering the US, USCIS will send a request for evidence to your address.

Is it compulsory that the fee most be pay before traveling or can be pay after arrival to the USA ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Segun1988 said:

Is it compulsory that the fee most be pay before traveling or can be pay after arrival to the USA ?

You can pay it after as well. You will only receive your GC after paying the fee which is, btw, $220 as of December 2016. Here is a very informative handout https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SabRob said:

You can pay it after as well. You will only receive your GC after paying the fee which is, btw, $220 as of December 2016. Here is a very informative handout https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

Yes thanks for pointing that out. Apparently fee increased. But from what i read the fee gets paid once the visa gets approved at the consulate. 

Edited by Sd7

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sd7 said:

Yes thanks for pointing that out. Apparently fee increased. But from what i read the fee gets paid once the visa gets approved at the consulate. 

Edited by Sd7
Clarification

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Just now, Sd7 said:

Sure, you can do that as well! 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, uufarouk said:

Scan date May 18 n no news from NVC

Hi @uufarouk you can join this forum with only May Scan dates. Still waiting for their CC's. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Congrats to the following who received a CC last week! :) 

@Jcattachony @Ronesh @Hope101 @amoooooor @simonx32002 @Ulrica&Jesse @omar1 @mrsod @SabRob @NotwdwMorocco

VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) Case Complete (CC) SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City
Jcattachony 1/29/2016 5/10/2017 7/17/2017 68 9.71 CR1 Honduras Tegucigalpa
Ronesh 8/18/2016 5/12/2017 7/17/2017 66 9.43 IR1 Fiji Suva
Hope101 9/14/2016 5/16/2017 7/17/2017 62 8.86 IR5 Philippines Manila
amoooooor 8/30/2016 5/25/2017 7/17/2017 53 7.57 IR1 Qatar Doha
simonx32002 8/24/2016 5/19/2017 7/18/2017 60 8.57 IR1 Mexico Ciudad Juarez
Ulrica&Jesse 9/27/2016 5/19/2017 7/19/2017 61 8.71 IR1 Georgia Tbilisi
omar1 9/19/2016 5/31/2017 7/19/2017 49 7.00 CR1 Morocco Casablanca
mrsod 5/25/2016 5/15/2017 7/20/2017 66 9.43 IR1 Nigeria Lagos
SabRob 10/31/2016 5/17/2017 7/21/2017 65 9.29 CR1 Romania Bucharest
Notwdwmorocco 10/12/2016 6/3/2017 7/21/2017 48 6.86 CR1 Morocco Casablanca

If you haven't done so already, you can head over to the following forum, joining others who are waiting for an interview date and preparing for their interviews. Please read the first post, very informative info in there. 

Case Complete to Interview August 2017 

The NVC should start releasing September interview dates later this week!! :) 

See you there :)

JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

No "CC" yet.  But just got off the phone with the NVC just to see how's my case coming along.  He notice that I'm coming up on my 11 weeks, and he said surprisingly my case is not in the review department.  He put me on hold for about 2-3 minutes, and mention to me that my case is going to be submitted into the review department by tonight.  Not sure how accurate to what he was saying, but i'll think positive and pray to get that "CC" by end of this week or next.  Original scan date 2/3/2017.  2nd scan date 5/26/2017.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, cesofd said:

No "CC" yet.  But just got off the phone with the NVC just to see how's my case coming along.  He notice that I'm coming up on my 11 weeks, and he said surprisingly my case is not in the review department.  He put me on hold for about 2-3 minutes, and mention to me that my case is going to be submitted into the review department by tonight.  Not sure how accurate to what he was saying, but i'll think positive and pray to get that "CC" by end of this week or next.  Original scan date 2/3/2017.  2nd scan date 5/26/2017.

I hope mine gets in with yours cuz our scan date is 5/22/17 and i also called today around noon and was told wasnt in review yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not sure if it's just me but i don't see a lot of action on Mondays.. what do you guys think 

Edited by Palmira-Cali

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.