JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Segun1988 said:

When was SD and how many days did u application spend in review  , before cc 

Hello,

I never received notice from NVC operator that my case was in review. I called daily during my week 9. On 7/7/17 I called in the morning and again my case was waiting to be reviewed then in the evening I noticed the my CEAC case status changed to "AT NVC" in the evening. I called again and my case was CC'd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
20 hours ago, omar1 said:

Thank youu.

I found the email and I have updated the spreadsheet.

I just would like to thank you all for your help especially JBMG.

This forum helped me avoid checklist because just few days before I submitted my documents, I found in this forum that somebody from Morocco had a checklist because of missing Court record. I thought that Court record is not necessary if you have a clean police record ( also stated at NVC website that Court record is only needed if police record is not clean) . The weird thing is that my lawyer also thought the same and never mentioned to me to bring a court record. so my documents were set by lawyer to be submitted without court record. 

Fortunately, I found that person in this forum who shared her experience about her getting a checklists for not submitting court record regardless of police record results . I immediately asked my lawyer to hold onto my package until i get the court record. I had to wait few days for for me to get it but it was better than waiting 11 more weeks

Just would like to tell everyone NOT to trust their lawyers 100%. They don't know country specific requirements. and you can do a better job by just following this forum and read other people experiences. 

Also it is always better to send more than little.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your help. Wish everybody a speedy CC

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I totally understand what you said about the lawyers. But would you trust the travelgo.gov as much? Because I'm Sudanese, and on the website they stated that police certificate and court records aren't available in that country! Still I went and got my PCC and sent it with the IV package. But not court records! Do you think that both countries are the same? Meaning I'll have to go back and get them just in case?! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Roor.M said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I totally understand what you said about the lawyers. But would you trust the travelgo.gov as much? Because I'm Sudanese, and on the website they stated that police certificate and court records aren't available in that country! Still I went and got my PCC and sent it with the IV package. But not court records! Do you think that both countries are the same? Meaning I'll have to go back and get them just in case?! 

I think you have to search for people from Sudan in this Forum and ask them. In my case, the Moroccan person who got checklist stated that the NVC send them an email where it says " ALL MOROCCANS are REQUIRED to submit court record regardless of the police certificate results" . So I dont know if NVC requires the same for your country or not. If you haven't submitted your package already, I would've recommended to submit the court record anyway. but since you have already submitted, I don't know if sending new doc will delay your case or not, and whether it's required or not

I never heard about travelgo.gov , so I have no idea about that website. 

Try to find people from Sudan here and ask them about that. You might get helpful information from them. 

I hope you will get your CC soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, omar1 said:

I think you have to search for people from Sudan in this Forum and ask them. In my case, the Moroccan person who got checklist stated that the NVC send them an email where it says " ALL MOROCCANS are REQUIRED to submit court record regardless of the police certificate results" . So I dont know if NVC requires the same for your country or not. If you haven't submitted your package already, I would've recommended to submit the court record anyway. but since you have already submitted, I don't know if sending new doc will delay your case or not, and whether it's required or not

I never heard about travelgo.gov , so I have no idea about that website. 

Try to find people from Sudan here and ask them about that. You might get helpful information from them. 

I hope you will get your CC soon!

Thanks. I've been searching for them Sudanese people online and on this forum for months! Came across 2 of them and they had no updates, no timelines or anything. It was frustrating. 

Oh and it's travel.state.gov sorry,  my bad.

Hope you get your interview sooner!  😊

Edited by Roor.M

Timeline
1 hour ago, Roor.M said:

Thanks. I've been searching for them Sudanese people online and on this forum for months! Came across 2 of them and they had no updates, no timelines or anything. It was frustrating. 

I am sorry that you couldn't find members from your country. what about neighboring countries of Sudan? I know it might be different but probably it will help you to have an idea at least of what's required and timelines. I was actually doing that, I was checking all neighboring countries of Morocco and read their checklists and stories. 

Ohh, those websites do not provide sufficient information pertaining to each country either or sometimes they provide misleading information. The reason why I didnt consider court record (neither my lawyer did) is because they clearly stated at that website travel.state.gov  "If you were convicted of a crime, you must obtain a certified copy of each court and prison record". So they require it IF you were convicted. Which is not true for Moroccans.

Good luck, and I hope you will find helpful information soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Soranger said:

I am depressed scan date 24 may and nothing yet 😭 

I just called the NVC 

SD: May 24th.. nothing yet

Timeline
4 hours ago, RamStu said:

Hello,

I never received notice from NVC operator that my case was in review. I called daily during my week 9. On 7/7/17 I called in the morning and again my case was waiting to be reviewed then in the evening I noticed the my CEAC case status changed to "AT NVC" in the evening. I called again and my case was CC'd. 

Thank you for the info.

I am on the 9th week.. I'll keep checking the CEAC website instead of wasting 30minutes on hold when i call

8 minutes ago, Palmira-Cali said:

I just called the NVC 

SD: May 24th.. nothing yet

we are in the same boat😩Who is reviewing is very slow This is my 2 scan date I want to end this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Palmira-Cali said:

Thank you for the info.

I am on the 9th week.. I'll keep checking the CEAC website instead of wasting 30minutes on hold when i call

NVC has been slow this week. From what i'm reading, they will ramp up next week. Keep us posted and hopefully you get a CC since it is your 2nd scan.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Roor.M said:

WiiGii , sudan215, Mushtaha: These 3 memebers are from Sudan. they got their cc recently in June, and they are interviewing in sudan.

You can contact them and ask .  i saw then in the : from cc to interview" forum.

I hope this helps

Timeline
50 minutes ago, RamStu said:

NVC has been slow this week. From what i'm reading, they will ramp up next week. Keep us posted and hopefully you get a CC since it is your 2nd scan.

Well do.   :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.