Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tina and Johan said:

Quick update on today's infopass in LA (Chatsworth office: SFV):  Husband and stepson got there about an hour early.  Then waited more than an hour after their scheduled appt times to be called back.  My stepson went first, which I thought was weird, since he's a minor.  Green card was confiscated; he got a I-551 stamp in his passport that's good until 1/27/2020.  Same with husband.  While there, he noticed that all the N-400 people were being called first and finishing very quickly.  He asked a woman when she filed for hers and she said, "January 2018."  (My husband filed in June 2018)

While with his officer, he asked about the progress on his case, since processing times are showing May 8th for the CSC, and his NOA1 is dated May 3rd.  She basically told him that the I-751 takes the longest: 22.5-41.5 months!  She was basing this on estimated processing times for "all field offices."  So NO HELP at all.  For now, we're satisfied with the outcome.  There won't be issues leaving or entering the US in April when we all go to Costa Rica!  But this wait is ridiculous.  Maybe before this stamp expires, he'll be a citizen.  Dare to dream...

Good news for you!

Married January 15, 2014

USCIS

I130 sent March, 11, 2014 NOA1 March 18

I129F sent April 7, 2014 NOA1 April 14

NOA2 September 10, 2014

NVC received October 1, 2014

NVC

Case # assigned October 17, 2014

Paid AOS and IV October 24, 2014

Submitted electronically November 19, 2014

December 11, 2014 received confirming email receipt of documents

January 26, 2015 checklist for AOS missing info and IV docs (say did not receive)

February 5, 2015 resubmitted IV docs

January 29 resubmitted AOS checklist docs

February 20, 2015 all docs received

February 20, 2015 case complete

February 27, 2015 Case complete email received.

March 2, 2015 Interview email received Interview Date April 17, 2015. Montreal

Medical scheduled April 10, 2015 Montreal

Signed up for courier service.

April 2, 2015 Medisys calls to reschedule medical . ( there is no emoticon that could accurately represent my dismay)

April 6, 2015 Medical rescheduled to April 9

April 9, 2015 Medical complete.

April 17, 2015 Interview and approval.

April 23, 2015 visa received!

May 2, 2015 visa fee paid.

August 1, 2015 POE reunited with my husband.

September 2015 ; 2 year green card received.

ROC

May 4th 2017 package sent to CSC

May 6th 2017 Package received USPS tracking

May 16th 2017 Check cashed

May 18th 2017 NOA1 received dated May 8, 2017

May 27th 2017 Biometrics received appointment June 7th, 2017

June 5th 2017 early walk in biometrics New Orleans

2 hours ago, nelya94 said:

Every time I see you post something I hope for good news, as our timelines and location are identical LOL 

Since his case is outside processing times now, maybe try calling USCIS and ask to speak to Tier 2 officer to file a "service request" to look up what's causing the delay. Fingers crossed it creates some movement and the SFV office finally schedules his combo interview!

We got our congressman involved. Idk if that will help at all, but the uscis officer they had today didn’t seem to know squat. For now, though, we’re hsppy, as at least there’s no urgency. Just annoyance. 😉

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline
1 hour ago, NIMA 110 said:

I did Case request for my I-751 today by officer on USCIS by phone...

I did the same, got the following reply via email "Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on May 22, 2017.  On May 23, 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time."

I also did a case request for my N400 and the email said that it's pending scheduling an interview. 

5 hours ago, nelya94 said:

I did the same, got the following reply via email "Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on May 22, 2017.  On May 23, 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time."

I also did a case request for my N400 and the email said that it's pending scheduling an interview. 

Cool; from where and which office did you apply for your N-400? Because mine is still on the processing time window and I could not make inquiries about that.

Timeline
2 hours ago, NIMA 110 said:

Cool; from where and which office did you apply for your N-400? Because mine is still on the processing time window and I could not make inquiries about that.

I filed through San Fernando Valley, CA. My case is also still within the processing times, for some reason it let me do the request online anyway. 

I had my N-400 interview today with pending I-751 (filed 05/16/17), when I got there they promptly called my at my scheduled time, I took my spouse with me since I had the I-751 pending and I actually wanted to go in with him since I was very nervous, when the AO called me I asked him if I could take my spouse with me and he said no because the N-400 interview is just for the applicant and then I went by myself with him, he was very nice tho, I was worried because I have heard you have to take your spouse with you, I answered everything correctly and he was very concerned about all my international trips, he asked for my selective service card, I passed all the questions 6 correct straight, then he said your application has been approved in the following weeks you will be getting a letter with instructions for your ceremony, then I asked about my pending I-751 and he said that since i submitted so much evidence (the file was on top of his desk and it was huge) he said he had enough info to just approve me and I brought in my spouse with me and he saw him, so I was actually surprised about that, he said I might get a green card in the mail and that I needed to return that green card. He said once again congratulations, so it was super smooth and I am very exited. While I was typing this I received a case statues update that my I-751 was approved and card was being produced so I will have to return it as he said. Minutes after I-751 was updated my N-400 also changed to “Oath will be scheduled”. Good luck to everyone still waiting on their approvals 

I had my N-400 interview recently. First the officer asked my husband and I to go in together. She did the i-751 interview, it was very easy, she just asked about our apartment... how many bedroom does it have and how much the rent is... the rest of it was really a friendly chat about my job... and she didn't ask for any documents and so on... then my husband left the room and she did the n-400 interview (civic and english test) and reviewed parts of my n-400 form with me, and told me to wait for my oath ceremony... In general she was super friendly :) I came home and my i-751 status changed right away and after 1-2 days my n-400 status changed with ceremony letter. Good luck to everyone. 

On 2/7/2019 at 9:09 AM, Dann_tgh said:

I had my N-400 interview today with pending I-751 (filed 05/16/17), when I got there they promptly called my at my scheduled time, I took my spouse with me since I had the I-751 pending and I actually wanted to go in with him since I was very nervous, when the AO called me I asked him if I could take my spouse with me and he said no because the N-400 interview is just for the applicant and then I went by myself with him, he was very nice tho, I was worried because I have heard you have to take your spouse with you, I answered everything correctly and he was very concerned about all my international trips, he asked for my selective service card, I passed all the questions 6 correct straight, then he said your application has been approved in the following weeks you will be getting a letter with instructions for your ceremony, then I asked about my pending I-751 and he said that since i submitted so much evidence (the file was on top of his desk and it was huge) he said he had enough info to just approve me and I brought in my spouse with me and he saw him, so I was actually surprised about that, he said I might get a green card in the mail and that I needed to return that green card. He said once again congratulations, so it was super smooth and I am very exited. While I was typing this I received a case statues update that my I-751 was approved and card was being produced so I will have to return it as he said. Minutes after I-751 was updated my N-400 also changed to “Oath will be scheduled”. Good luck to everyone still waiting on their approvals 

Thanks for sharing. 

Can you please tell us which location and center you did file and your interview?

Edited by NIMA 110

18 hours ago, Roxa said:

I had my N-400 interview recently. First the officer asked my husband and I to go in together. She did the i-751 interview, it was very easy, she just asked about our apartment... how many bedroom does it have and how much the rent is... the rest of it was really a friendly chat about my job... and she didn't ask for any documents and so on... then my husband left the room and she did the n-400 interview (civic and english test) and reviewed parts of my n-400 form with me, and told me to wait for my oath ceremony... In general she was super friendly :) I came home and my i-751 status changed right away and after 1-2 days my n-400 status changed with ceremony letter. Good luck to everyone. 

Thanks 

which location and center did you do your interview?

• 2 weeks later...

I received my green card last Thursday after waiting close to 2 years to have it in my hands for just a week, I must return it in two days for my oath ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.