JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So I submitted all of our documents yesterday and we got our case complete and interview scheduled today!! I am in shock it was so fast! 

The only weird thing is that my fee payments were rejected for apparently no reason. I called the NVC and they said it was no big deal and to pay when my husband goes for his interview, so i'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? 

3 minutes ago, Jnicole said:

Hi everyone!

So I submitted all of our documents yesterday and we got our case complete and interview scheduled today!! I am in shock it was so fast! 

The only weird thing is that my fee payments were rejected for apparently no reason. I called the NVC and they said it was no big deal and to pay when my husband goes for his interview, so i'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? 

I would really check with your consulate about paying there. Everything is supposed to be paid prior and you take the proof of receipts with you. I wouldn't rely on the NVC giving correct information because they get it wrong all the time. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jnicole said:

Hi everyone!

Congrats! What will be the interview date? (never mind, I see July 14 on your timeline)

Edited by Toronto88

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jnicole said:

Hi everyone!

Congrats!! I submitted all the documents yesterday as well and waiting for them to be reviewed :) 

it sounds interesting that "start now" button was activated for uploading the documents without the payment status being "PAID" 

I agree to the idea to check with the embassy if what NVC said to you was right. 

3 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

Congrats!! I submitted all the documents yesterday as well and waiting for them to be reviewed :) 

it sounds interesting that "start now" button was activated for uploading the documents without the payment status being "PAID" 

I agree to the idea to check with the embassy if what NVC said to you was right. 

If everything is well, you'll get the approval and case closed tomorrow afternoon.

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

So excited for everyone! Sounds like processing is going faster than you can blink!

I am currently waiting on two peices of information: police clearance and 2016 tax transcript, in order to complete my packets.

Just ran into a question that maybe some of you can help me with, I am a US citizen in Canada under a student visa, my spouse is Canadian, what are they looking for when they ask proof of US domicile? I've got parents and family members that will help offer a place to stay as we apartment shop, but none of these things are solid documentation. Will this be an issue?

Timeline
18 hours ago, Finayyy said:

If everything is well, you'll get the approval and case closed tomorrow afternoon.

You were right, Finayyy.

However, they rejected my Police certificate from South Korea because it is 4 MONTHS old. I didn't even doubt my police certificate that was issued "ONLY" 4 months ago would be expired already. (I haven't lived there more than 7 years now.)  They requested a current police certificate. Sigh.  

Yet, I heard it only takes from a few hours to a day for them to re-review it once I upload it, if I'm not mistaken... right.?

Edited by Min & Mark

17 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

You were right, Finayyy.

However, they rejected my Police certificate from South Korea because it is 4 MONTHS old. I didn't even doubt my police certificate that was issued "ONLY" 4 months ago would be expired already. (I haven't lived there more than 7 years now.)  They requested a current police certificate. Sigh.  

Yet, I heard it only takes from a few hours to a day for them to re-review it once I upload it, if I'm not mistaken... right.?

That's crazy about the police certificate. If you're not living in a country any more they're not supposed to have an expiry. Even if it did, most are valid for a year. 

25 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

You were right, Finayyy.

Expect it by the next day. 

How long did it take to get the original police clearance?

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, K&Kir said:

So excited for everyone! Sounds like processing is going faster than you can blink!

I am currently waiting on two peices of information: police clearance and 2016 tax transcript, in order to complete my packets.

Just ran into a question that maybe some of you can help me with, I am a US citizen in Canada under a student visa, my spouse is Canadian, what are they looking for when they ask proof of US domicile? I've got parents and family members that will help offer a place to stay as we apartment shop, but none of these things are solid documentation. Will this be an issue?

Proof of domicile is required if you live outside the country, I had to submit it. I included: 

- A signed letter from my mom explaining that we will be living with her once we came back to the states

- Title from my car that my mom maintained while I was abroad, and my valid drives license with a US address

- Emails setting up times to look at apartments

- A bank statement showing I maintained a U.S account and address

- Confirmation of my one way flight back to the states

I think they just want to see that you're taking steps to move back, that's all I sent and they approved us! 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

Expect it by the next day. 

How long did it take to get the original police clearance?

Probably in a day if one of my family member has time to go to a local police department to request it. 

I remember you wrote a letter about your birth certificate (you will submit it at the interview) when they rejected it.

I'd like to write a letter to appeal it has been only 4 months from its issuance date and I haven't lived there for 7 years now. 

As @Cat_Dad mentioned, usually police certificate is valid for a year except very few countries.

Did you select its criteria "OTHERS" when you uploaded your explanation letter?

(I'll add in the end of the letter that I'll bring a current police certificate to the interview, if that would make them feel better.)

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, Min & Mark said:

"According to our "old" system, your case was entered into the system on May 3. However, our "new" system says it was entered on May 15. There has been a difference between our old and new system but you can wait a week more to get your case number."

Hi everyone, thought I would post an update here relating to assignment of my case number. My experience is similar to Min & Mark above. My case was sent to NVC on May 18 (per USCIS) and received at NVC on May 25. I was told to wait 2 weeks for case number to be assigned from the May 25 date i.e. it should have been assigned today. When I called NVC this week for an update, I was told that my case was entered into the "new" system on June 5th and I need to wait 2 weeks from the June 5th date. Hopefully this is useful to folks just entering the NVC stage. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Min & Mark said:

Probably in a day if one of my family member has time to go to a local police department to request it. 

I remember you wrote a letter about your birth certificate (you will submit it at the interview) when they rejected it.

I'd like to write a letter to appeal it has been only 4 months from its issuance date and I haven't lived there for 7 years now. 

As @Cat_Dad mentioned, usually police certificate is valid for a year except very few countries.

Did you select its criteria "OTHERS" when you uploaded your explanation letter?

(I'll add in the end of the letter that I'll bring a current police certificate to the interview, if that would make them feel better.)

I decided to submit a new police clearance instead of an explanation letter. 

It takes only a day to get it in South Korea (my family will do that for me) and mostly, I want to avoid unexpected delay.

Thank you for your opinions. 

Edited by Min & Mark

1 hour ago, Min & Mark said:

I decided to submit a new police clearance instead of an explanation letter. 

It takes only a day to get it in South Korea (my family will do that for me) and mostly, I want to avoid unexpected delay.

Thank you for your opinions. 

Sorry for the late reply.

I would upload it in the police clearance section as that is where they will see the letter pertaining to that section. I used my wife's pregnancy as a way to expedite it.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
4 hours ago, Toronto88 said:

Hi everyone, thought I would post an update here relating to assignment of my case number. My experience is similar to Min & Mark above. My case was sent to NVC on May 18 (per USCIS) and received at NVC on May 25. I was told to wait 2 weeks for case number to be assigned from the May 25 date i.e. it should have been assigned today. When I called NVC this week for an update, I was told that my case was entered into the "new" system on June 5th and I need to wait 2 weeks from the June 5th date. Hopefully this is useful to folks just entering the NVC stage. 

Very similar with me too! Received by NVC on May 24th. No one on the phone has told me the same information as you, they have just told me that they are very close to finalizing it and giving a case number.  So it is nice to see some more input, however I hope it's not a full 2 weeks more!

5 hours ago, Jnicole said:

Proof of domicile is required if you live outside the country, I had to submit it. I included: 

- A signed letter from my mom explaining that we will be living with her once we came back to the states

- Title from my car that my mom maintained while I was abroad, and my valid drives license with a US address

- Emails setting up times to look at apartments

- A bank statement showing I maintained a U.S account and address

- Confirmation of my one way flight back to the states

I think they just want to see that you're taking steps to move back, that's all I sent and they approved us! 

I've got all of those things! Perfect! Let's see, you must of submitted that in your AOS package?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.