JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

Wow, I am really surprised. 

My case arrived at NVC on May 3 and I haven't gotten the case number and Invoice ID number yet.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are like a pioneer to me in this new system.

So, I don't need to give email address over the phone to an agent.

and I get to pay both the IV and AOS fees right away at the same time. 

It is also very interesting that the new system skips DS-261. I assume 'setting an agent' step is terminated.

How about DS-260? Were you be able to fill out DS-260 at the point you paid the fees? 

if not, I guess it will be available after both fees appear PAID.

Please let us know how long it takes for it to turn "PAID" and if you are able to see DS-260 form.

Btw, How long did it take for you to get case number and Invoice ID number assigned after your petition arrived at NVC? And did you receive any hard copy letter or any notification that says you may start to proceed the further steps electronically?  

I read it on NVC website, you 

A letter from NVC saying “You May Begin Online Processing”
 Please note this method is required for visa applicants who received this letter from NVC. If you didn’t receive this letter, please use Method #2 above.

So, did you wait until you get the letter before paying the fees?

Thank you and I hope everything goes super well for everybody!!! :)

Here is my timeline:

Approved at USCIS: April 10th

Sent to NVC: April 20th

Received at NVC: April 25th

Assigned Case Number: May 9th

Received Welcome Email from NVC: May 9th

(This email told me I am required to use CEAC and gave me my case number and Invoice number)

Paid AOS/IV Bills: May 9th

AOS/IV Bills marked as Paid: May 11th

DS-260 and I864 submission becomes available: May 11th

Now that the bills are marked as paid, I am able to submit my DS-260 and I-864 and supporting AOS documents.

I am guessing once I complete my DS-260 I will be able to upload my Civil Documents and have it processed at NVC.

All in all a pretty fast process so far.

Here is a screenshot of the CEAC website. (I am currently in the process of finishing my DS-260)

CEAC.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Finayyy said:

Our case was recieved by NVC on April 26, but it was assigned on May 9th. We just got a welcome email with our case number and Invoice number. 

I logged into the system and made the payments. Waiting now for the status to change from "In Progress" to "Paid".

When I check my Visa Case Status though, it says "Action required: Complete Form DS-260"

Thank you so much for the reply :) 

I thought welcome letter is sent a week later from the date case number is assigned but you got it in 2 days! That is really awesome! 

However, my question is that "how did NVC know our email address to send welcome email when you don't give the email address over the phone? Did they get it from our petition from USCIS? Did you give it to the agent when you asked your case number?" 

I'm just curious about it since Cat-Dad said we no londer need to give our email address over the phone but write it on our own in the system. 

As Cat-dad kindly uploaded the screenshot, you are not far away from

the finish line. I wish you good luck! 

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cat_Dad said:

Here is my timeline:

(This email told me I am required to use CEAC and gave me my case number and Invoice number)

Now that the bills are marked as paid, I am able to submit my DS-260 and I-864 and supporting AOS documents.

I am guessing once I complete my DS-260 I will be able to upload my Civil Documents and have it processed at NVC.

Here is a screenshot of the CEAC website. (I am currently in the process of finishing my DS-260)

CEAC.png

Thank you so much for uploading a screenshot. It helps me a lot to understand a flow of the new system. 

I really appreciate your time. 

I am waiting with patient until I get my case number assigned :) 

Good luck with your process and I expect to hear a good news from you. 

Thank you again. 

40 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

However, my question is that "how did NVC know our email address to send welcome email when you don't give the email address over the phone? Did they get it from our petition from USCIS? Did you give it to the agent when you asked your case number?" 

It seems the NVC used the email address we submitted to UCSIS on the G-1145 form "E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance" and the i130 form.

12 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

Here is my timeline:

CEAC.png

Mine was similar to yours:

Approved at USCIS: April 13th

Received at NVC: April 26th

Paid AOS Bills: May 9th

Paid IV Bills: May 10th

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline
12 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

It seems the NVC used the email address we submitted to UCSIS on the G-1145 form "E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance" and the i130 form.

EXACTLY. This is what I wanted to confirm!

What I understood at first was that we need to give our email addresses over the phone to receive further notifications such as welcome letter.

and according to the information you provided, we no longer need to give our email addresses over the phone.

So, I was wondering how NVC could send welcome letter by email.

But it makes sense in that way.

Thank you a lot again. I could have just waited until I receive the letter too but this curiosity drives me crazy. 

I'll post my flow too as soon as I get my case number assigned. 

Thank you guys.!

Edited by Min & Mark

Good morning folks,

Anyone here sent in their AOS or IV package yet? I'm waiting for my police clearance (yes I didn't get it yet and forgot to order it).

Also, anyone here doing joint sponsor?

Have a great week!

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

10 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

Good morning folks,

Anyone here sent in their AOS or IV package yet? I'm waiting for my police clearance (yes I didn't get it yet and forgot to order it).

Also, anyone here doing joint sponsor?

Have a great week!

I have submitted my IV package. I received some database errors uploading some of my documents, but after retrying a few times they eventually went though. We should be finishing the aos package tomorrow. 

I sent in the IV application. And today I got an email from NVC saying they received it and accepted it. They're just waiting for my Civic and Financial documents. 

I like how they're informing us this. Makes everything more clear and understandable.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

So I received an email this morning saying that the NVC have sent me a message and that I needed to log into in the CEAC website. I logged in and couldn't find any messages.

I called the NVC to ask about it, and two different representatives told me that they couldn't find my case number in the system. One asked me if it was filed directly to the embassy.

I gave the second person I spoke to my UCSIS receipt number, and he said that to him it looks like they have received my package, but haven't entered it into the system.

I wonder if this CEAC system sends the documents directly to the embassy? I'm not sure what my next step about this message I was supposed to receive. I guess I will file our AOS and hope for the best.

6 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

So I received an email this morning saying that the NVC have sent me a message and that I needed to log into in the CEAC website. I logged in and couldn't find any messages.

I called the NVC to ask about it, and two different representatives told me that they couldn't find my case number in the system. One asked me if it was filed directly to the embassy.

I gave the second person I spoke to my UCSIS receipt number, and he said that to him it looks like they have received my package, but haven't entered it into the system.

I wonder if this CEAC system sends the documents directly to the embassy? I'm not sure what my next step about this message I was supposed to receive. I guess I will file our AOS and hope for the best.

I also got the same thing as you. But I emailed the email box that I was given and the representative told me that they recieved my IV application and accepted it. 

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline

I just wanted to say thanks to @Cat_Dad and @Finayyy for sharing your process.

I am sorry that I have nothing to share with you guys but I am expecting to get my case number later today because it has been exactly 2 weeks now and join NVC process like you. 

It doesn't seem difficult until I pay fees and upload all the documents, however, what matters now is how long it will take for them to approve the case (as known as Case complete) and send it to a corresponding embassy. 

Thank you again!

Edited by Min & Mark

1 minute ago, Min & Mark said:

I just wanted to say thanks to @Cat_Dad and @Finayyy for sharing your process.

I am sorry that I have nothing to share with you guys but I am expecting to get my case number later today because it has been exactly 2 weeks now. 

It doesn't seem difficult until I pay fees and upload all the documents, however, what matters now is how long it will take for them to approve the case (as known as Case complete) and send it to a corresponding embassy. 

Thank you again. 

No problem.

We are lucky to be apart of this new system as things move quickly.

I made the stupid mistake of waiting to get the police clearance ( I found out yesterday that it available for pick up after May 23). Otherwise, I would have all my civic documents ready.

One thing I found out today was that you can submit documents individually into the system and have them approve it without having to wait til everything is ready. Example, my wife got all her AOS and joint sponsor paperwork together and submitted yesterday and got notification that it was accepted. Once I get my clearance and submit it, I believe I should be getting an interview date the following month or two.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

No problem.

We are lucky to be apart of this new system as things move quickly.

I made the stupid mistake of waiting to get the police clearance ( I found out yesterday that it available for pick up after May 23). Otherwise, I would have all my civic documents ready.

One thing I found out today was that you can submit documents individually into the system and have them approve it without having to wait til everything is ready. Example, my wife got all her AOS and joint sponsor paperwork together and submitted yesterday and got notification that it was accepted. Once I get my clearance and submit it, I believe I should be getting an interview date the following month or two.

I'm sorry to hear that you forgot to apply for police clearance in advance but as you said, we are really lucky to be in this system and saved a lot of time already.

It is really interesting that you found out we can actually upload files individually instead of all in once and get them approved first. 

and yes, I hope we all get an interview date in a month or two after uploading all the documents.

Thank you for the fast reply Finayyy. 

Once we upload civil and AOS documents, do we have to call NVC to check if the documents are approved or a status on the website will automatically change to "Approved" a few days later?

Edited by Min & Mark

7 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

I'm sorry to hear that you forgot to apply for police clearance in advance but as you said, we are really lucky to be in this system and saved a lot of time already.

It is really interesting that you found out we can actually upload files individually instead of all in once and get them approved first. 

and yes, I hope we all get an interview date in a month or two after uploading all the documents.

Thank you for the fast reply Finayyy. 

Once we upload civil and AOS documents, do we have to call NVC to check if the documents are approved or a status on the website will automatically change to "Approved" a few days later?

Once you hit submit, the status will change to submitted. Once they've approved it, it will automatically become Approved.

See the attached:

591c9a0757d9c_AcceptedAOS.PNG.bf70037fa604d072ce2b20df13bc7881.PNG

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.