JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Finayyy said:

Once you hit submit, the status will change to submitted. Once they've approved it, it will automatically become Approved.

See the attached:

591c9a0757d9c_AcceptedAOS.PNG.bf70037fa604d072ce2b20df13bc7881.PNG

Thank you Finayyy. I appreciated it. 

Have a great day!

The same things happens for the civil documents, mine changed from "submitted" to "accepted"

But it seems it isn't the case for the "IV Application" (Form DS-260), it stays as "Completed"

We received an email from the CANVCEDP@state.gov address saying that they have approved our DS-260 and that we can contact them if we have any questions about the process.

Just need to finalise a few things with out AOS, hopefully it gets approved pretty quickly after that.

CEAC2.png

Edited by Cat_Dad

Timeline

I was expecting to have my case number and invoice ID number yesterday since it was exactly 14th day since my petition arrived at NVC

However, They haven't generated it yet until this morning (today is 15th day.)

Representatives said they have been experiencing high volume of work (as a common excuse) so it takes longer than 2 weeks now. 

My petition arrived at NVC on May 3, a week later from the date you guys' petition arrived (April 26) and I guess NVC received a lot of petition during that one week.

Well, I hope I can get it soon :)

Edited by Min & Mark

Keep calling NVC and asking them about it.

Some of them will say they aren't sure and are completely clueless.

Even after I got my case number, I called NVC to confirm and they said they couldn't find it in their system after two days. But we still went ahead with everything.

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

I think the cases in this new system might not be visible to the representatives on the phone. I called up about my case after I had my IV packet approved, and they couldn't even find the case in the system then. I would keep an eye our for the welcome email, maybe check your spam folder as well.

I finally submitted my AOS package on Friday. Today, I received an email from the NVC telling me I was "Documentarily Qualified" and that they were going to organize an interview time at the Sydney consulate. So I guess this is what you would call "Case Complete" in the old process?

1 hour ago, Cat_Dad said:

I finally submitted my AOS package on Friday. Today, I received an email from the NVC telling me I was "Documentarily Qualified" and that they were going to organize an interview time at the Sydney consulate. So I guess this is what you would call "Case Complete" in the old process?

Congrats. Not long to go now:)

15 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

Yeah. I would assume so. 

This process seems so much better for everyone in the new system.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Timeline

SIGH

I still didn't get my case number yet. 

My petition arrived at NVC May 3 and it has been 3 weeks now. 

I talked to a lot of representatives and all of them just said they will pass the case to a supervisor every single day. And finally, yesterday I pushed the representative a little bit harder and she gave me a crucial information about my case. 

"According to our "old" system, your case was entered into the system on May 3. However, our "new" system says it was entered on May 15. There has been a difference between our old and new system but you can wait a week more to get your case number."

I don't know if their "old" and "new" system are about their own case entering system or CEAC upload system that we are in now. (But why do I have this weird feeling like she was lying about new and old system thing to take more time to investigate where my file is? Well, who knows.) 

If my file did get forgotten or even lost, the agent said it takes upto 6 weeks for a supervisor to investigate the case. I never thought I would experience the delay in the step of getting a case number. 

What a mess. 

Edited by Min & Mark

I feel like they are lying to you. 

Call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. 

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

I feel like they are lying to you. 

Call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. 

Can I speak to supervisor? I didn't know I can request that. I'll do it today. Thank you for the suggestion Finayy. 

Timeline

Yesterday, I asked an agent to put me through to a supervisor.

A supervisor whose name is Sean explained my situation with more details.

The 'new' system that the agent previously talked about was the new CEAC upload system.

And since I am eligible for the new system,  my case was dealt differently when it came to assignment of a case number. So even though my case arrived there on May 3, the 'new' system recognized my file was scanned on May 15. Hence, I am still in the right time frame as Sean explained over the phone.

Then I asked why other eligible people such as you guys still received the case number without any problem. He said "every case is different."

Alright.

So, I do not trust everything that NVC said to me about this issue. Maybe they found my file that was floating around in their office on May 15. However, I asked myself what else I could do if I don't believe it. I'll wait a week more until it hits 2 weeks from May 15. 

Wish me luck :) 

Have a great day guys.  

23 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

Yesterday, I asked an agent to put me through to a supervisor.

A supervisor whose name is Sean explained my situation with more details.

The 'new' system that the agent previously talked about was the new CEAC upload system.

And since I am eligible for the new system,  my case was dealt differently when it came to assignment of a case number. So even though my case arrived there on May 3, the 'new' system recognized my file was scanned on May 15. Hence, I am still in the right time frame as Sean explained over the phone.

Then I asked why other eligible people such as you guys still received the case number without any problem. He said "every case is different."

Alright.

So, I do not trust everything that NVC said to me about this issue. Maybe they found my file that was floating around in their office on May 15. However, I asked myself what else I could do if I don't believe it. I'll wait a week more until it hits 2 weeks from May 15. 

Wish me luck :) 

Have a great day guys.  

Sorry to hear this. It's unfortunate that NVC can't get their act together sometimes.

But like everyone says, it's a waiting game with them.

I submitted my civil documents yesterday and now await their "case closed"

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to introduce myself. Our I-130 was approved on May 8, sent to NVC on May 18 (per USCIS website) and received by NVC on May 22. Still waiting for case number to be assigned. I have been calling NVC once a day. 

Thank you all for sharing your experiences to date with this new system! I also hope you are assigned a case number soon Min&Mark. 

Edited by Toronto88

NVC rejected my birth certificate saying that I need to send them a full or large size. Any idea what this means?

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.