JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

We also had to submit proof of domicile as my wife has lived with me here in Australia for the past 10 years.

Things we submitted:

- Statement of maintained USA Credit union account showing US address (mother's house)

- Absentee Voter registration card for the last election

- Enrolment info for online college classes in the USA

- Email response to an enquiry to transport our pets to the USA

- Signed cover letter declaring intent to re-establish domicile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I brought a great news today!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Yesterday, my police clearance from South Korea was refused (because of it issuance date) and I was thinking to submit a current one next Monday.

However, last night I just submitted an explanation letter (The submitted police clearance was issued only four months ago and I have not lived in South Korea for 7 years now and I'll bring the current one to an interview) and a proof (study permit, work permit, and a copy of my passport that shows the latest entry of Canada). Today afternoon, NVC accepted all my documents and I was waiting for the interview date to be set. 

I was already very glad that the excuse letter was accepted.

However, a big surprise was waiting for me.

NVC sent me an interview date right away which is July 24 at 8am !

Everything was happening even before I blinked my eyes once. 

No word can describe how happy I am now. 

I'll make an appointment for the medical check next Monday. 

It has been a long journey and I always felt so warm having you guys around cheering each other. 

I'll keep posting further process. 

Thank you God, and Thank you guys.

Oh, I feel like I already miss Montreal!

On 2017-6-10 at 8:56 AM, Min & Mark said:

Congratulations!!

Timeline
On 2017-06-09 at 5:56 PM, Min & Mark said:

I brought a great news today!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Yesterday, my police clearance from South Korea was refused (because of it issuance date) and I was thinking to submit a current one next Monday.

However, last night I just submitted an explanation letter (The submitted police clearance was issued only four months ago and I have not lived in South Korea for 7 years now and I'll bring the current one to an interview) and a proof (study permit, work permit, and a copy of my passport that shows the latest entry of Canada). Today afternoon, NVC accepted all my documents and I was waiting for the interview date to be set. 

I was already very glad that the excuse letter was accepted.

However, a big surprise was waiting for me.

I'll make an appointment for the medical check next Monday. 

It has been a long journey and I always felt so warm having you guys around cheering each other. 

I'll keep posting further process. 

Thank you God, and Thank you guys.

Oh, I feel like I already miss Montreal!

Fantastic!!!

Q to you all....

My spouses Canadian birth certificate does not have her parents names.  Is this a concern?

Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 11:16 PM, K&Kir said:

Very similar with me too! Received by NVC on May 24th. No one on the phone has told me the same information as you, they have just told me that they are very close to finalizing it and giving a case number.  So it is nice to see some more input, however I hope it's not a full 2 weeks more!

Any luck in getting a case number yet? I am still waiting. Thanks 

Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 6:59 PM, Toronto88 said:

Any luck in getting a case number yet? I am still waiting. Thanks 

Toronto88!

Just called an hour ago and received a case # and IIN #

She said that they did not have an email on account...which is odd, and that they had sent me a letter with case # on June 7.

Usually my US mail takes about 1-2 weeks to arrive...at best.

So now, I can go log in and get this stuff knocked out!

I highly suggest that you call today!

Timeline

Those of you who have passed through new system:  aka *experts* :P:

Just paid both fees.

Is there anything I can do now besides organize my documents for the 1,765 time as I wait for fees to be "PAID" ?

ie. DS 261, DS 260 (I have not ventured into these yet, just went straight to paying fees)

6 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Those of you who have passed through new system:  aka *experts* :P:

Just paid both fees.

Is there anything I can do now besides organize my documents for the 1,765 time as I wait for fees to be "PAID" ?

ie. DS 261, DS 260 (I have not ventured into these yet, just went straight to paying fees)

You won't need to complete the DS 261, if you want to take a look at what the DS 260 will be asking you take a look here.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Nothing else to really do at this stage, other than get your AOS/Civil Documents in order and ready to upload. The files need to be less than 2MB each and in JPG or PDF format.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

You won't need to complete the DS 261, if you want to take a look at what the DS 260 will be asking you take a look here.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Nothing else to really do at this stage, other than get your AOS/Civil Documents in order and ready to upload. The files need to be less than 2MB each and in JPG or PDF format.

Thank you! 

I am too eager to log back in! Ha! Can I log in at anytime to check if fees paid or should I literally wait 3 days before logging back in?

Hope Toronto88 got started. And someone here has an interview in a week or so, wow! Prayers to all! And thank you Cat_Dad

Timeline
1 hour ago, K&Kir said:

Thank you! 

I am too eager to log back in! Ha! Can I log in at anytime to check if fees paid or should I literally wait 3 days before logging back in?

Hope Toronto88 got started. And someone here has an interview in a week or so, wow! Prayers to all! And thank you Cat_Dad

I'm glad you moved onto the next stage! :)

Yes, you can log back in and check your payment status as many times as you want. 

I wish you best luck!

Edited by Min & Mark

I got an email today from the Montreal embassy reminding me to bring documents that they had listed: ie birth certificate, AOS forms, police clearance etc. Pretty stoked that its next week.

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

I got an email today from the Montreal embassy reminding me to bring documents that they had listed: ie birth certificate, AOS forms, police clearance etc. Pretty stoked that its next week.

Did they send you that list by email or they meant all the original copies of the documents that you have submitted to NVC

I wish your interview goes well!!

10 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

Did they send you that list by email or they meant all the original copies of the documents that you have submitted to NVC

I wish your interview goes well!!

It was sent to me by email. 

It was the original of:

two passport photos

medical exam

birth certificate (with parents name on it)

marriage certificate

police clearance

i-864

i-864a

photocopies of tax returns of petitioners 2016 return and w2

Canadian passport

im going to bring all that plus photos, and travel receipts for the both of us going back and forth. Also bringing my wife's father tax return and w2's, since he was a co-sponsor. Have her birth certificate, and his proof of domicile (photocopies of drivers license and green card).

Edited by Finayyy

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

Great news for you, Finayyy!

Happy to report that thanks to another person and the "Chrome" issue, i was able to avoid it by using Explorer and in TWO days it has changed over to "PAID"

Now, time to upload!

Does anyone have contact info, like if you have questions on uploading, or questions such as: "Can i upload a short form birth certificate now, and then bring a long form birth certificate to the interview?"

5 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Does anyone have contact info, like if you have questions on uploading, or questions such as: "Can i upload a short form birth certificate now, and then bring a long form birth certificate to the interview?"

About a week after my case got created I received an email from CANVCEDP@state.gov saying I could email them if I had any questions about the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.