JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

@Jnicole, I had the same error on Google Chrome browser (When I clicked "make a payment", it appears as an error but payment status shows "In Process") and I heard the representative said Google Chrome browser has been troublesome. 

Could you please tell me what happened to them afterwards if you heard anything about it?

The representative said if the payment didn't go through it will show up as "Rejected" but I haven't had any new change on its status after 2 days of payment. 

I am following the case on October filers' forum.

Yet, it is very weird that your payment is been held more than 2 days when your payment went trough without any error happened. 

What is your case exactly? Was the payment withdrawn from your bank account? If yes, is it just about the payment status didn't change to "PAID"?

Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I have enjoyed reading all of your comments about the "new system."

Our i130 was approved on May 6th, sent to NVC on May 15th, and today I called NVC where I was told our case was received on May 24th and that we are a part of a new system where I needed to call back and press 5. So I did that, and the operator could only tell me that it was received, no case number yet.

Probably sounds very familiar to a lot of you! Someone mentioned that they are waiting for a police clearance (do'h), US TOO! Hahaha. Darnit. We have a receipt that it's in the system processing but the lady said it'll be at least 6 weeks. What a bummer. Wonder if the official receipt will hold us over until interview?

We feel so excited to be a part of this new system of processing. And by the sounds of it, everyone is liking the progress! We waited about 220 days for our noa2 so I think this may be an answered prayer! 

Looking forward to reading message from those of you a few weeks ahead of me!

Hope to hear how fast one of you can get a medical since your interview is a whopping 30 days away! Wowwww!

Goodluck all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

@Jnicole, I had the same error on Google Chrome browser (When I clicked "make a payment", it appears as an error but payment status shows "In Process") and I heard the representative said Google Chrome browser has been troublesome. 

Could you please tell me what happened to them afterwards if you heard anything about it?

The representative said if the payment didn't go through it will show up as "Rejected" but I haven't had any new change on its status after 2 days of payment. 

Mine still says processing..and I paid over a week ago. I'm about to call them again and use option five so I will let you know what they say! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

I am following the case on October filers' forum.

Yet, it is very weird that your payment is been held more than 2 days when your payment went trough without any error happened. 

What is your case exactly? Was the payment withdrawn from your bank account? If yes, is it just about the payment status didn't change to "PAID"?

So it was the Chrome browser. They rejected my payments because of that. In true USCIS/NVC style this requirement was nowhere to be found on their website <_< 

I just repaid using Safari and it went through so lets see how long it takes to change to 'paid'!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

I finally got my interview date letter, June 27th.

In the "Check My Visa Application Status" part of the CEAC website my case is now "In Transit" to the consulate.

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Finayyy who got the interview date in June too.

I hope you guys do wonderful at the interview!! :D 

My payment status for both AOS and IV were reset today (I took 3 days) and paid them successfully on Internet explorer.

I'm seeing myself getting closer to the finish line and put an end to this long journey. 

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline
On 2017-05-30 at 3:57 PM, Finayyy said:

So I got the email today that my interview is scheduled for June 30 at 1030am. 

I also had had the operator tell me to press option 5 after waiting 30 minutes on the phone. 

Need to find and schedule a medical appointment and get that out of the way!

Hi!

Just wondering if you were able to get a scheduled medical in such short notice of time? Is it possible to schedule without interview date? Trying to think ahead, as all examiners are far away from Winnipeg and beneficiary will be in Toronto soon!

1 minute ago, K&Kir said:

Hi!

Just wondering if you were able to get a scheduled medical in such short notice of time? Is it possible to schedule without interview date? Trying to think ahead, as all examiners are far away from Winnipeg and beneficiary will be in Toronto soon!

Yup. I called one medical office (www.visadoctor.ca) and was able to get one scheduled the following week (tomorrow).

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline
Just now, Finayyy said:

Yup. I called one medical office (www.visadoctor.ca) and was able to get one scheduled the following week (tomorrow).

Wow. Super! Did you have to provide the interview date?

We are specifically looking at the Toronto doctor, I was thinking we could call now and schedule an appointment the week the beneficiary will be in Toronto, knocking the appointment out while she is vacationing. But I was uncertain if they will turn us down because we don't have an interview date yet. Ahah it's crazy trying to forecast time and appointments!

1 hour ago, K&Kir said:

Wow. Super! Did you have to provide the interview date?

We are specifically looking at the Toronto doctor, I was thinking we could call now and schedule an appointment the week the beneficiary will be in Toronto, knocking the appointment out while she is vacationing. But I was uncertain if they will turn us down because we don't have an interview date yet. Ahah it's crazy trying to forecast time and appointments!

Yes, they did ask for the interview date and told us to bring the letter. I don't know if they'll accept the email that was sent to me or if there is a hard copy being sent out.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Timeline

Could you please share the price for the medical check once it is done?

I live in Montreal so I probably will go to Medisys in Montreal but I found the price difference was huge between Montreal and Toronto.

People who got their medical exam in Montreal paid around $450 in 2016 but only $300 in Toronto.

Edited by Min & Mark

17 hours ago, Min & Mark said:

Could you please share the price for the medical check once it is done?

I live in Montreal so I probably will go to Medisys in Montreal but I found the price difference was huge between Montreal and Toronto.

People who got their medical exam in Montreal paid around $450 in 2016 but only $300 in Toronto.

The price was $300. If you pay by debit, $301 ($1 service charge).

The overall experience was pleasant. Dr. Lyndon was extreme kind and polite. We spent more talking about cultural backgrounds (we both are Indian) then actual exam. He just checked my blood pressure and went over my vaccinations. Also asked if I drink. Was in and out within 30 minutes.

The X-Ray was also the same. Waited about 5 minutes, then got called to the back. Waited another 2-3 minutes before getting called and having the X-Ray done.

The blood work took forever as there was a huge line up. But as soon as I was called, it took literally 30 seconds.

Just for clarification, X-Ray is done to check for TB , blood test is for syphilis, urine is for Gonorrhea Testing. 

Hope this helps and will be posting this in the Canada section.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Finally got the physical copy of my "You can begin online processing" letter in the mail today.
It seems the entire CEAC upload NVC process is faster than sending one letter to Australia.

Booked my physical for tomorrow morning, and booked flights to Sydney for the interview, the end is near :)

Timeline
23 hours ago, Finayyy said:

The price was $300. If you pay by debit, $301 ($1 service charge).

The overall experience was pleasant. Dr. Lyndon was extreme kind and polite. We spent more talking about cultural backgrounds (we both are Indian) then actual exam. He just checked my blood pressure and went over my vaccinations. Also asked if I drink. Was in and out within 30 minutes.

The X-Ray was also the same. Waited about 5 minutes, then got called to the back. Waited another 2-3 minutes before getting called and having the X-Ray done.

The blood work took forever as there was a huge line up. But as soon as I was called, it took literally 30 seconds.

Just for clarification, X-Ray is done to check for TB , blood test is for syphilis, urine is for Gonorrhea Testing. 

Hope this helps and will be posting this in the Canada section.

Thank you for sharing the experience.

How long did everything take? maybe an hour or two including the blood test?

And could you please show me the link for the Canada section? I'd like to join there too. 

9 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

Thank you for sharing the experience.

How long did everything take? maybe an hour or two including the blood test?

And could you please show me the link for the Canada section? I'd like to join there too. 

Everything took me about 3 hours in total. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

12 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

Finally got the physical copy of my "You can begin online processing" letter in the mail today.
It seems the entire CEAC upload NVC process is faster than sending one letter to Australia.

Booked my physical for tomorrow morning, and booked flights to Sydney for the interview, the end is near :)

That is awesome to hear. Congrats and wishing you the best of everything.

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.