JBMG

NVC EP (Electronic processing) FILERS - May 2017

87 posts in this topic

I just received my NVC case number and I'm going through the new CEAC Upload process.

I could log straight in and pay both the IV bill and AOS bill, it seems there is no DS-261 Choice of agent form.

The CEAC website also allowed me to update/change the email addresses for the petitioner/beneficiary/agent, so maybe that is what they are doing now instead of DS-261.

1 hour ago, RamonS said:

So my lawyer submitted my docs 5/4.  Today (5/9) I got an e-mail saying he was missing the marriage cert. but it is in the documents so I guess we'll resend it.  Also he missed one of my W2's from 2016 but they just want us to bring that to the interview.  they might have missed the Marriage cert as it was on the same page as my wife's birth Cert.  I plan on calling the NVC tomorrow to make sure.  But I am happy that they are moving so quickly!

I had a similar issue with the NVC saying some of my documents were missing.  They weren't.  We ended up emailing them again and our case was then reviewed in 24 hours.  We battled with them for a few days about it before we sent them, but I recommend not even bothering trying to get to the bottom of it with them, they'll just say they don't have whatever is on the checklist.  My advice would be to just send whatever they want again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Frustrated74 said:

I had a similar issue with the NVC saying some of my documents were missing.  They weren't.  We ended up emailing them again and our case was then reviewed in 24 hours.  We battled with them for a few days about it before we sent them, but I recommend not even bothering trying to get to the bottom of it with them, they'll just say they don't have whatever is on the checklist.  My advice would be to just send whatever they want again.

Yes, that is what I plan on doing. I was looking closer at the copies my lawyer sent in and the marriage cert is almost impossible to read so that is probably why and I would agree with them that it needs to be re-sent.  No point in fussing, just resend, what ever makes it quicker. IMO.

Edited by RamonS

Timeline

Yay! We just got our interview date for June 26th!  I had sent the marriage cert in and the website still was saying Action required: send documents so I called this morning and the lady at the NVC said yes, they have them and then said our interview date was set already!  
I have called the NVC a total of 3 times during this process and have had very positive and helpful people every time.

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, fufurajrocket said:

May i ask when it's your scan date? 

Sorry- need to update my timeline. I submitted everything April 30th. I had to resubmit a doc 2x and on May 9th, I did my final submit. May 10, case complete and May 18 we received our interview date of June 22. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, rac717 said:

Sorry- need to update my timeline. I submitted everything April 30th. I had to resubmit a doc 2x and on May 9th, I did my final submit. May 10, case complete and May 18 we received our interview date of June 22. 

thanks for your reply and sorry that you had to resubmit twice. I think my scan date is May 16th and last night was able to see the status changed to "AT NVC". So I guess they are doing reviewing now. Have to call and confirm soon. Hopefully don't have to submit anything. Wish your interview goes smoothly. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We are processing through the new PIVOT system via Consular Processing via US Embassy in Montreal, Canada. Just got my NVC case number yesterday (June 9, 2017). Tried TWICE to pay online fees for application fee and Affidavit of Support. When I hit "submit" button a small white box flashed briefly at the center of the screen with a message I couldn't read (it was too fast). Today I logged in and nothing said "pending". Anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you have to do to continue with the process. Without payment confirmation you can't access the rest of CEAC site...😕

did anyone got checklist for proof of residence? I am resident in Canada as a PR and got a checklist asking for proof of residence.

I will confirm on phone with NVC on Monday.

Is there a thread for June filers?

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Timeline
On 6/10/2017 at 9:18 AM, Bernard & Colette said:

We are processing through the new PIVOT system via Consular Processing via US Embassy in Montreal, Canada. Just got my NVC case number yesterday (June 9, 2017). Tried TWICE to pay online fees for application fee and Affidavit of Support. When I hit "submit" button a small white box flashed briefly at the center of the screen with a message I couldn't read (it was too fast). Today I logged in and nothing said "pending". Anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you have to do to continue with the process. Without payment confirmation you can't access the rest of CEAC site...😕

hey Bernard. For the PIVOT system, there is a separate thread (link below). I am still waiting for case number, therefore haven't encountered this problem yet but I think I read some folks on the PIVOT thread encountering it (page 5 of the thread). Hopefully this helps. 

9 hours ago, Toronto88 said:

hey Bernard. For the PIVOT system, there is a separate thread (link below). I am still waiting for case number, therefore haven't encountered this problem yet but I think I read some folks on the PIVOT thread encountering it (page 5 of the thread). Hopefully this helps. 

Thank you Toronto 88! I tried logging on using Safari and got a very strange message, attached below. I entered the correct "I'm not a robot" letters and numbers and it came back with that error message. I will contact NVC tomorrow and see what can be done. 

Just so you know USCIS approved our NOA2 on May 8th, sent it out on May 18th. NVC received it on May 25th and I called NVC every single day and finally got the new NVC case number and invoice number on June 9th (Friday). Hope that helps give you an idea of when you will get your number. Thanks for the help 👍

IMG_6567.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 hours ago, rahill said:

Hello, wondering if this forum is for me...my husband's application is now at the NVC stage. I'm not sure what is meant by "scan date." Is this for electronic processing? My husband's home country is Ethiopia which does not allow ep. I overnighted the IV and AOS package yesterday via USPS. 

@rahill It may be worth just submitting your documents via EP.... Even if you already mailed them... You have nothing to lose as EP is WAY faster than filing via mail... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JBMG said:

@rahill It may be worth just submitting your documents via EP.... Even if you already mailed them... You have nothing to lose as EP is WAY faster than filing via mail... 

So I read on the NVC website that once you select mail processing you can not switch to email processing. I didn't realize that Ethiopia allowed email processing because I was only looking at the box that listed consulates that allow you to upload online. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 10.01.51 AM.png

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Ethiopia

Marriage (if applicable):2016-07-21

I-130 Sent :2018-01-29

I-130 NOA1 :2018-02-26

I-130 Approved :2018-08-30

NVC Received :2018-09-28

Send AOS Package :2018-11-19

Send IV Package :2018-11-19

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2019-01-09

Case Completed at NVC :2018-12-28

Interview Date : 2019-02-25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.