JBMG

NVC EP (Electronic processing) FILERS - May 2017

87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most likely you're under review for now and about to have a CC very soon. :) I would call once your status changes to "At NVC" to confirm a CC and interview date..  

Regarding scanning, not sure what they meant about that because you emailed your documents in, if they confirmed receipt of your documents, that's your "scan date".. And it's def clear by your status that they have your documents because your status is "No action required: Review in process"

Regarding the ds-261 message, if you already paid the AOS and ds-260 fees... it's most likely a default message.

I'll try calling Monday. Nothing's gonna happen before the weekend, anyway.

Stay tuned for more episodes.

Filed: Timeline

I'm just trying to figure out their new system: Was there any indication on your "check status" page? I have been getting a No action required: Review in process message for a couple days now. I emailed my docs in on Friday. Called yesterday (very difficult exchange, person answering phone told me case was complete, then told me I needed to wait for review. ??? Could hardly speak english) and from what I could gather they have my docs but have not reviewed yet.

Nope.  But I hadn't checked yet, it had only been 3 days so honestly I was figuring it would be at least 2 weeks!  But I already got the revised criminal report (which was totally my fault, it's very clearly spelled out which one I needed) and emailed it back.  So I'll keep you updated as to how long it will be now.  The other items were related to the financial stuff which they said just to bring to the interview.  I'll be curious to see how long for an interview date!

Timeline

Nope.  But I hadn't checked yet, it had only been 3 days so honestly I was figuring it would be at least 2 weeks!  But I already got the revised criminal report (which was totally my fault, it's very clearly spelled out which one I needed) and emailed it back.  So I'll keep you updated as to how long it will be now.  The other items were related to the financial stuff which they said just to bring to the interview.  I'll be curious to see how long for an interview date!

So I just called back (I couldn't resist!) and I had case complete on May 2! One day(!) after they received it. Waiting for an interview to be scheduled!

Timeline

Well maybe they meant that they have everything they need ready for review?

Visit the following links to check your status: 

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then yeah, it's most likely a CC... 

Thanks for the link, I never got that before, I always got to the CEAC login page to submit the DS-260 and it never gave me any updated info of status.

Timeline

CC april 24, and just called and found out they scheduled my interview today! it's in about a month and a half :)

my CEAC status still reads "AT NVC" but i'm not too worried about it.

Timeline

So I just called back (I couldn't resist!) and I had case complete on May 2! One day(!) after they received it. Waiting for an interview to be scheduled!

Wow!! Congratulations!

I think I read you submitted your documents on April 28 if im not mistaken.

Today I learned about CEAC and EP thanks to @JBMG and it turned out I am eligible for CEAC since I live in Montreal. (I haven't gotten my case number yet but it will be MTL for sure. My petition arrived in NVC on May 3.)

If my case goes without any additional request of evidence, I may be able to expect to have my case complete within a week after I submit my documents.

I am so thrilled about the new system and worried at the same time since it is new and not much information.

I hope this is a good sign.

I wish you guys good luck. 

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline

According to the official guideline for Method 3: Upload documents online using CEAC required, Please note this method is required for visa applicants who received this letter from NVC. If you didn’t receive this letter, please use Method #2 above.

I wonder how long I need to wait to receive the letter from NVC and after how long we wait and be able to decide to use Method #2 (email or mail option) .

confusing......

Does anyone know if there's any forum that I can refer to regarding to this matter? I don't know if this "upload file" is totally new thing from May 2017. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

According to the official guideline for Method 3: Upload documents online using CEAC required, Please note this method is required for visa applicants who received this letter from NVC. If you didn’t receive this letter, please use Method #2 above.

I wonder how long I need to wait to receive the letter from NVC and after how long we wait and be able to decide to use Method #2 (email or mail option) .

confusing......

Does anyone know if there's any forum that I can refer to regarding to this matter? I don't know if this "upload file" is totally new thing from May 2017. 

Here you go. :-) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Congrats!!

I just checked ours and it says at NVC!!! I'm so hoping to sneak in for a June interview. 

Congrats!!!

CC april 24, and just called and found out they scheduled my interview today! it's in about a month and a half :)

my CEAC status still reads "AT NVC" but i'm not too worried about it.

Congrats!!. Good to know. Maybe it will update within 24 hours. 

I was just reading on the pre-interview checklist for Sydney that they only hold visa interviews on Tuesday mornings. That severely limits the chance of getting an appointment early. What a pain!

3 hours ago, raiser said:

CC 5/2

Interview scheduled 5/8

Interview 6/19

YAY!

Congrats.  My CC was 5/5 but I haven't called this week yet.  I was thinking of giving it another couple of days.  I don't want to get my hopes up for  a June interview (although I know they already are).

Timeline
5 hours ago, Frustrated74 said:

Congrats.  My CC was 5/5 but I haven't called this week yet.  I was thinking of giving it another couple of days.  I don't want to get my hopes up for  a June interview (although I know they already are).

When I called last night the guy said that the info had JUST come in. Maybe wait a couple days. I was on hold for more than 30 minutes. Call close to closing time.

Timeline

So my lawyer submitted my docs 5/4.  Today (5/9) I got an e-mail saying he was missing the marriage cert. but it is in the documents so I guess we'll resend it.  Also he missed one of my W2's from 2016 but they just want us to bring that to the interview.  they might have missed the Marriage cert as it was on the same page as my wife's birth Cert.  I plan on calling the NVC tomorrow to make sure.  But I am happy that they are moving so quickly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.