Boiler

Marchers for climate change in Denver yesterday

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
21 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I don't do it, so how would I know?  You'd be a better choice to give it a shot. 

45 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I wonder why people mention the left in every post. 

I never did, you however did. I would not describe these people as you did in any conventional sense of the word, I was in Denver Saturday traffic congestion was remarkable bearing in mind the weather.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I never did, you however did. I would not describe these people as you did in any conventional sense of the word, I was in Denver Saturday traffic congestion was remarkable bearing in mind the weather.

Yep, I do it in every post.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
4 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Yep, I do it in every post.

:thumbs:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Gotta love snow in Denver in late April!

We also hit 80 degrees on February 10th this year. Sure, there was no big Visa Journey thread about that, but being in the climate zone we're in does tend to lead to fluctuations like that, and it's also why people here tend to get more concerned about climate change than most. 

There was an interesting article on March 2nd about how Mauna Kea in Hawaii had more snow fall in one night than Denver had received all year to that point. We haven't had a lot of snow since then either, but maybe this spring whopper has put us ahead of Hawaii for good in 2017. We had 3 inches where I live, so they say, but most of that fell as rain. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Where I am least amount of snow have seen, amy get rain towards the end of the week, first since early November.

But then again there was the no snow winter of 1898.

Timeline

Neither shows snow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Neither shows snow.

8 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Nor does either show people causing that.

Weather ...Climate...Climate.... Weather..big effing diff.  Look it up.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ccneat said:

Weather ...Climate...Climate.... Weather..big effing diff.  Look it up.

So the weather changes everyday and the climate is and always has been changing.  Nothing new.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, eieio said:

So the weather changes everyday and the climate is and always has been changing.  Nothing new.

You still are confused..poor soul,

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

We also hit 80 degrees on February 10th this year. Sure, there was no big Visa Journey thread about that, but being in the climate zone we're in does tend to lead to fluctuations like that, and it's also why people here tend to get more concerned about climate change than most. 

There was an interesting article on March 2nd about how Mauna Kea in Hawaii had more snow fall in one night than Denver had received all year to that point. We haven't had a lot of snow since then either, but maybe this spring whopper has put us ahead of Hawaii for good in 2017. We had 3 inches where I live, so they say, but most of that fell as rain. 

I think the irony was the fact that the photo showed a climate change protester holding up a sign saying "The Temperature Is Rising" with the snow falling around them in late April. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ccneat said:

You still are confused..poor soul,

What is so confusing about the fact that both weather and climate changes?  Heck, if the climate of this globe hadn't changed approximately 2.5 million years ago, there would be no life hear at all other than anaerobic organisms.  And I live in Michigan, the weather changes daily. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I think the irony was the fact that the photo showed a climate change protester holding up a sign saying "The Temperature Is Rising" with the snow falling around them in late April. 

I guess it was ironic for people who aren't familiar with the climate here.  Three to six inches of snow in April is not a lot of snow for Denver. March and April are traditionally our snowiest months. It's when we historically get our huge snow dump. I actually thought about putting my garden in in March soon if it's like this, although I probably would be pushing my luck. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg