smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rik&Kiz said:

She lives in Cebu City..most her family lives in

Inabanga Bohol ...what part of Mindanao?

BTW...appreciate all your posts and advise..hope you get your NOA 2 asap!

Bohol is really nice. Panglao island as well. 

She is from Ozamiz and Dipolog area.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I have a PM to send you in a bit.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Carla&Jared said:

Do they follow the receive date or the NOA 1? because our received date is April 28 and our NOA1 is May 2 

Visa Journey timelines request that we use the actual "Notice" date on the NOA 1 Form I-797c

The USCIS goes by the "Received date" which is also listed on the NOA 1.

Timeline

Hello May filers!

142 days here 

does anyone have updates?

thank you

October is going to be our month. 

Can’t wait.

Timeline

My fiancee just went and did the cfo seminar in manila, and they gave her a receipt and a follow up/referral slip

What does that mean?

She does not have the usa visa stamp in her passport

Was told she can take seminar and get certificate, then when she has passport visa stamp from usa, she can go back with certificate and get the cfo stamp

Shes freaking out, im freaking out

I google imaged the certificate, and hers does look like it (tried to put hers in this comment, wouldnt let me)

Does any one have theirs, and can u post it?

How can you flunk a seminar?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

My fiancee just went and did the cfo seminar in manila, and they gave her a receipt and a follow up/referral slip

What does that mean?

Was told she can take seminar and get certificate, then when she has passport visa stamp from usa, she can go back with certificate and get the cfo stamp

I google imaged the certificate, and hers does look like it (tried to put hers in this comment, wouldnt let me)

I believe that you don't get the CFO stamp until you have your visa but there are plenty of people here who can give you a definitive answer. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. @John & Rose seems pretty knowledgeable about all of the Philippines processes. 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

What does that mean?

I know a lot of people who've done their CFO before having their visa on hand and it's fine. You just need the certificate from the seminar and then go back to get the passport stamped after you have the visa. I'm doing the same. Mine is scheduled on October 25th. I believe @JeniandMatt have done similar thing.

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

1 hour ago, smilei said:

I know a lot of people who've done their CFO before having their visa on hand and it's fine. You just need the certificate from the seminar and then go back to get the passport stamped after you have the visa. I'm doing the same. Mine is scheduled on October 25th. I believe @JeniandMatt have done similar thing.

what is this seminar thing? is this just for the Philippines?

Timeline
1 hour ago, smilei said:

But the paper they gave her doesnt say "certificate" it says "follow up/ referral slip"

2 hours ago, Brntorun said:

What does that mean?

I’ve learned everything I know from Hank and Greenbaum. Only the fiancé/fiancée can take the GCP seminar without having a visa already affixed to their passport. The CFO issues a receipt that you took the class and you can pick up the sticker at any CFO office, including NAIA, after they receive your visa. 

I havent heard of failing ailing but I have heard that some of the interviews did not go well. It is possible to be called back but that usually happens before the seminar and is due to lack of required documentation. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I’ve learned everything I know from Hank and Greenbaum. Only the fiancé/fiancée can take the GCP seminar without having a visa already affixed to their passport. The CFO issues a receipt that you took the class and you can pick up the sticker at any CFO office, including NAIA, after they receive your visa. 

I havent heard of failing ailing but I have heard that some of the interviews did not go well. It is possible to be called back but that usually happens before the seminar and is due to lack of required documentation. 

When do they get this?

After completing class, then return for stamp?

Or is this part of stamp

My fiancee did not get this after class, only receipt

cfo.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, heenakumthekar33 said:

Hi guys!!! The processing timeline just updated to may 5 !!!

is this accurate? Makes me nervous !!!!! 

Hey, don't be nervous, our NOA1 is May2..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.