smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

The police clearance or certifate should be sent with in the petition.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below
Edited by j N j

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

8 minutes ago, LabOz said:

G325 is asking for where each of you lived for last 5 years. The police clearance is different and that is only if the foreigner lived or worked out of their home country for more than 6 months at a time.

The foreigner should request it ASAP. On a side not you have no timeline here on VJ did you submit your I-129F yet? If not the new version of the I-129F does NOT require the G-325A.

Link for timeline entry below

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

I updated my timeline. Jun 6 was my NOA1.

i dont understand. Am I in trouble?

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

From what i was told by my lawyer who provided a list of what to send the police clearance was included. Im not sure if they will accept it at the interview ...possibly. For the interview rhe beneficiary is suppose to bring rhe affidavit of support...showing that the fiance can support him or her when they come to the U.S following requirements they gave us. Also they are told to bring more support of the relationship just in case they ask.

3 minutes ago, j N j said:

1st time Ive heard of this, my understanding was its needed for the Embassy Interview.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, j N j said:

1st time Ive heard of this, my understanding was its needed for the Embassy Interview.

My lawyer told me its for the interview, and im scraambling to get 1 from Taiwan, 4-6 week wait

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:
2 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

From what i was told by my lawyer who provided a list of what to send the police clearance was included. Im not sure if they will accept it at the interview ...possibly. For the interview rhe beneficiary is suppose to bring rhe affidavit of support...showing that the fiance can support him or her when they come to the U.S following requirements they gave us. Also they are told to bring more support of the relationship just in case they ask.

fixed my post above,  Dept of State says its needed for the interview process.

Edited by j N j

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

My lawyer told me its for the interview, and im scraambling to get 1 from Taiwan, 4-6 week wait

It is for the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, qqq said:

So this means RFE for us? 😔 Been waiting for so long for NOA2. Expecting it on october.... then this happened.

No, police certificate is required ONLY for the interview, there's no need to send it with the petition.

fortunately, in Brazil we need state and federal certificates, and we can issue them online at anytime!

Timeline

Good news🙌💃😁...there have been a few status changes for late April filers this week so far ...bad news is i have only seen one May 31st filer and that status wasnt an approval.😒

Edited by Courtney Payne

Timeline

I called the USCIS and they told me it CAN BE another 3 months for approval of the Petition alone!!He did say this is not necessarily meaning it will take the entire 3 months. 😒😒😒

Timeline
3 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

What part of the Philippines is she from? I am wanting to go back but like you trying to save

She is from Davao but currently lives in Manila. I went to Davao last time....pretty in places :) How about your fiance?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.