smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I totally understand how you feel because I'm in the same boat as you but you have to try and find patience. The K1 visa part is the easier wait compare the 2nd step which is applying for the Green Card which the wait is even longer. 

Use this waiting experience as a practice.

waiting for the green card... that's after my fiance is with me and the k1 is granted, right? i don't care about the wait in that part because i will have my queen by that point at my side :wub:

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Hey Jude said:

Thanks so much, I want her to get on that immediately so there will not be any delays. It says it only take about 5 days once received. Thanks again and God Bless! Keep the faith!

Hi! I also worked in Singapore previously and I've gone through the Singapore Police website. From what I've read, since we're not Singaporeans, we first need to file an appeal (and we need the NOA2 copy for that) and they'll approve it. From forums, the appeal may take 7 business days. AFTER an approved appeal, that's when they process the Police Certificate, which would take a few weeks (read it from forums too) so to be safe give it a month.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MariaB Soria said:

Hello group, I just called USCIS... they said the CA service center is still reviewing cases from February...  and the processing website will be updated on the 15... so we have to wait 3 more days to see if they are reviewing either April or March cases... they said they can't guarantee  an specific time-frame of when may cases will be processed... so I'm guessing we will easily have another month or so of waiting... 

You have to wait 3 more days to see if they are reviewing April or March cases? No you don't.

Just go to the March and April thread you will see hundreds of cases already approved.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

oh wow.. So Uscis doesn't even know their own stuff? That's crazy! Then how to know whats the correct possible time frame

USCIS is behind in processing cases. They know their stuff they just lie to people all the time. Nothing new.

If they said it takes 90 days and they don't get to come cases until 120 days then all those people will be calling say "hey why haven't you processed my case you said 90 days?"

So by saying for example 180 days then no one can complain. Make sense now?

As for reality the correct possible time frame is 4 months to as long as 8 months it just depends upon the case.

The time frame changes as the months go buy as well so some people wait longer than others.

Fill out your VJ timeline if you haven't already. 

Good luck

Timeline
3 hours ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

waiting for the green card... that's after my fiance is with me and the k1 is granted, right? i don't care about the wait in that part because i will have my queen by that point at my side :wub:

I agree 100 percent!! As my fiancé is in the Philippines, she cannot visit me and we are trying to save money by me not going to see her again..hoping the NOA2 comes soon. Once she is here, I don't care how long the green card process takes. I miss her so much. I last saw her in April and am losing touch with her smell, touch, kiss, etc. Video chat is good but very hard at the same time...C'mon NOA2.

Timeline
3 hours ago, rainey0914 said:

Hi! I also worked in Singapore previously and I've gone through the Singapore Police website. From what I've read, since we're not Singaporeans, we first need to file an appeal (and we need the NOA2 copy for that) and they'll approve it. From forums, the appeal may take 7 business days. AFTER an approved appeal, that's when they process the Police Certificate, which would take a few weeks (read it from forums too) so to be safe give it a month.

Thanks so much very helpful!

2 hours ago, MariaB Soria said:

oh wow.. So Uscis doesn't even know their own stuff? That's crazy! Then how to know whats the correct possible time frame

Off the april forums in here. Most of them have a NOA 2

16 minutes ago, qqq said:

Who needs to get nbi clearance from SG? my fiance used to work in SG too. I think round 2012? Does she need one too?

Yes every where they lived for 6 months

55 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

I agree 100 percent!! As my fiancé is in the Philippines, she cannot visit me and we are trying to save money by me not going to see her again..hoping the NOA2 comes soon. Once she is here, I don't care how long the green card process takes. I miss her so much. I last saw her in April and am losing touch with her smell, touch, kiss, etc. Video chat is good but very hard at the same time...C'mon NOA2.

What part of the Philippines is she from? I am wanting to go back but like you trying to save

36 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

Off the april forums in here. Most of them have a NOA 2

Yes every where they lived for 6 months

Where did you get this information? How come the G325a form only asks addresses within 5 years? Should we request for this in andvance while waiting for NOA2?

Timeline
1 hour ago, qqq said:

Who needs to get nbi clearance from SG? my fiance used to work in SG too. I think round 2012? Does she need one too?

Hi! Yes she needs one too. We're required to give police clearances from all countries of residence (that we've lived more than 6 months). 

Just to clarify, NBI clearance is obtained from the Philippines. What you need from Singapore Police is a COC or certificate of clearance. That's the equivalent of their NBI.

Timeline
1 hour ago, qqq said:

Where did you get this information? How come the G325a form only asks addresses within 5 years? Should we request for this in andvance while waiting for NOA2?

G325 is asking for where each of you lived for last 5 years. The police clearance is different and that is only if the foreigner lived or worked out of their home country for more than 6 months at a time.

The foreigner should request it ASAP. On a side not you have no timeline here on VJ did you submit your I-129F yet? If not the new version of the I-129F does NOT require the G-325A.

Link for timeline entry below

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.