Su Nguyen

Take care my mom

30 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

It's not a few years.  OP is 22.  If mom petitions him now, it would take at least 7 years in either the F1 or F2b categories.  This would not be a solution to his immediate need to be here now to care for his mother.

I dont think i want to become us citizen . If i want , i wouldve asked her years ago

Edited by Su Nguyen

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Su Nguyen said:

Yes. She is. Petition mean i will move to us and become citizen ?

No.  A successful petition for you gets you a green card.  US citizenship would only be possible if you have a green card for 5 years.

Has your mother filed an I-130 petition for you?

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

No.  A successful petition for you gets you a green card.  US citizenship would only be possible if you have a green card for 5 years.

Has your mother filed an I-130 petition for you?

She asked me , but i refuse 4 or 5 years ago

Just now, Su Nguyen said:

She asked me , but i refuse 4 or 5 years ago

If she files today, it would take 7 years for you to get an immigration visa.  She must be alive when you get the visa.  If she dies before you immigrate, the petition is void.

An immigration visa is not the answer to coming here to care for your mother now.

5 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

It's not a few years.  OP is 22.  If mom petitions him now, it would take at least 7 years in either the F1 or F2b categories.  This would not be a solution to his immediate need to be here now to care for his mother.

Ha. I guess it is all relative. When I said a few years I meant the 7 - 9 years.

4 minutes ago, Su Nguyen said:

I dont think i want to become us citizen . If i want , i wouldve asked her years ago

You don't have to become a citizen. You can remain a permanent resident and not lose citizenship to Vietnam. You will be able to stay with your mom and even have a job in the US to help support her. When you are ready to return to Vietnam, you can then abandon your US residency and return home.

This option will take years though. 7 - 9 years is a rough estimate.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

Ha. I guess it is all relative. When I said a few years I meant the 7 - 9 years.

You don't have to become a citizen. You can remain a permanent resident and not lose citizenship to Vietnam. You will be able to stay with your mom and even have a job in the US to help support her. When you are ready to return to Vietnam, you can then abandon your US residency and return home.

Vietnam allows for dual citizenship, so gaining US citizenship does not result in losing Vietnamese citizenship.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Oh. Only If i would have known it sooner ...

Filed: Country:
Timeline

sorry about your mother.

you are asking for a visa that would let you perform the job (care taker) that you could pay a usc or lpr to do. I would say your chances are about 0 to get a tourist visa for that purpose. and saying you are coming for something else would be a lie which would get you a ban granted doing the work will also get you a ban.

21 minutes ago, f f said:

sorry about your mother.

you are asking for a visa that would let you perform the job (care taker) that you could pay a usc or lpr to do. I would say your chances are about 0 to get a tourist visa for that purpose. and saying you are coming for something else would be a lie which would get you a ban granted doing the work will also get you a ban.

Your chances will still remain close to zero, but perhaps better wording gives you some chance.

say you want to spend time with her and bond with her which you may never get the chance later...  avoid caretaker words - same for your sister.

8 hours ago, Su Nguyen said:

My parents have divorced since i was a kid, and my mom went to US with my grandpa . Now my dad is gone . And my mom just told me that she got lung cancer.though we dont talk or keep in touch much, but I want to fulfil my duty as a son that to take care of her . May i ask that wether i can go to the Us for couple months to do that , and then return  to Vietnam ?

Try applying tourist visa. Ask for copy of your mom's passport and everything you need that CO might ask. Good luck and hope you get a tourist visa to see your mom. :D

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Sorry about your mom. It looks like ur visa option would be a tourist visa, but that looks like a hard shot coz u have a relative (your mom) in the US and so it would be hard to prove that u will go back to Vietnam. Is there away u can fly her over to you? But in any case, you can always try ur luck with the tourist visa if u can prove strong ties to Vietnam 

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

If you can afford the application fee for the tourist visa, that is the quickest route, as someone else said, without applying, you will never receive. I wish you the best of luck and will pray for your mothers health

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The visa you're looking for is the B2 tourist visa. While some people here are saying you're chances are not good, this should not deter you. In my experience with this process and speaking with consular employees, I have found them to be quite diligent, honest, thoughtful, and professional. For all B2 visa applicants (yourself included) they will presuppose that you are an intending immigrant (that's the law). You will need to overcome this presumption. You will need to demonstrate 'strong ties' to Vietnam to prove your intent to return. There are many ways to demonstrate strong ties.

If I were you, I would gather all the documents I have that show reasons for coming back. These documents may include (but not limited to):

bank statements

employment verification

property/vehicle titles

housebook

proposed itinerary

mother's medical records

Any and all other documents which might show your intent to return.

BEWARE: Consular Officers are experts and professionals. They are very good at detecting falsehoods and frauds. You should NEVER lie to a consular officer.

If the purpose of your trip is legitimate, have the funds to self finance your trip, and prove intent to return; then they should approve the visa. However, there is only one way to know for sure: apply for the visa.

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.