Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 7/8/2018 at 4:37 PM, cool_beans said:

Today we got an email that our case status for our i-485 (priority date 5/10/17),changed to: "Interview Was Scheduled"

Is there any way to find out the interview date and location before receiving anything in the mail? Thanks.

My wife went to an Info Pass appointment today (the 2nd in about three months) and they said our case is still at the National Benefits Center (NBC) and the interview hasn't been scheduled yet. This is very disappointing because they told her over two months ago that it was still at the NBC waiting to be sent out to the field office. What exactly is going on here?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

all of our cases are at national center. You are not the only one. I spoke with one of the lawyers. She said 12 to 18 months. Trump brought new laws. She said more work less staff longer wait. You are not the only one. I am expecting hear next teo months. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, cool_beans said:

My wife went to an Info Pass appointment today (the 2nd in about three months) and they said our case is still at the National Benefits Center (NBC) and the interview hasn't been scheduled yet. This is very disappointing because they told her over two months ago that it was still at the NBC waiting to be sent out to the field office. What exactly is going on here?

We changed address (COA) last month and got confirmation of the COA in June. Now my spouse received a letter at her old address today that we have an interview schedule at the old field office for August. She physically received that letter tonight, but at the InfoPass appointment just earlier TODAY at the same field office we have our interview at, they told her that our case is still at the NBC. How is that possible? Is that not in their system? Why are they sending us the interview notice to our old address weeks after we received the change of address confirmation?!

We will now have to fly back just for the interview. Is it okay to have the AOS interview at the old field office despite us having a different field office now? Thanks.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:39 PM, Asakelove said:

So I got an update yesterday that 'interview has been scheduled' 14mo after, finally. I'm just waiting for the letter in the mail to find out what date it is. 

Awesome! It's good to see a Dallas case moving forward! Feel like its about 75% of us Dallas people waiting for our process and the rest of the US is done by now with our time line.

Our forms were received by USCIS on May 23rd so hopefully another month or so and we'll hear something. Maybe they will be less filers between early May and end of May, haha.  Just hopefully our interview isn't scheduled in September as that's when we are going to be out of the country. We already escalated with the congress man regarding AP renewal so maybe that will either just let them delay us and give us that extension or push them to go ahead and interview us. :)

Just heard another friend who got her Adjustment but when they went for the green card they rejected it and needed to provide more evidence of a legit relationship. That seems crazy. I know my wife and I have joint bank accounts, joint car loan, Car insurance, she's on my life insurance policy, we're under purchase contract(Both names on it) for a new home to be built in January, under sales contract on our current house and even going to court with my ex wife for international travel permission with my kids to go to the Philippines. If they can't see all that as 2 people's life combined don't know what they would see.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:16 AM, Wiz_Fit said:

Awesome! It's good to see a Dallas case moving forward! Feel like its about 75% of us Dallas people waiting for our process and the rest of the US is done by now with our time line.

+1 for the Dallas line lol - same date as you for filing

On 7/8/2018 at 10:04 PM, Asakelove said:

:lol: I know right, maybe they heard us talking and got tired of us whining and was like... ok you can have your interview dates now. I'm positive you'll get yours soon, its about that time.

Like i said, you are my guide. Lo and behold, a week later, just now, got update that interview has been scheduled haha. Finally

So we got our expedite kicked back by our congressman stating we couldn't request an expedite through him as pre-planned event don't warrant this service. Suggested we escalate with USCIS or get a InfoPass appointment and see if they could help....

Worried because they told us processing times for EAD/AP were 3-5 months and we filed the renewal for the EAD in May and AP in June. Spoke to a lawyer to get his feedback and said they could just approve the AP when they do the EAD but would depend on the rep processing it if he checks for other pending cases. He suggested we write a letter to the service center as he has had better luck going written route than phones or infopass so going to try that approach next.

Anyone had any luck getting an emergency travel stamp on a pending renewal through infopass appointment?

Timeline

My AP has not expired yet. We are still waiting the interview. When your AP expires? Ours Sept. 20th. If you are may filler your AP shouldn't expire until September. Most of us got their AP September when did you get yours?

19 hours ago, oguzksk said:

My AP has not expired yet. We are still waiting the interview. When your AP expires? Ours Sept. 20th. If you are may filler your AP shouldn't expire until September. Most of us got their AP September when did you get yours?

Expired July 12th, our EAD was expedited through a job offer. Who would of thought we needed to file 4 months before it expired for AP not to have any gaps....

Also our wedding is September 29th so even September 20th wouldn't help us. Seems to be a gap in the system(AKA they want those tax dollars to keep flowing) that they automatically extend a EAD when a renewal is received as long a it's before it expires but don't do the same for an AP when the processing time is about the same.

Edited by Wiz_Fit

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Wiz_Fit said:

Expired July 12th, our EAD was expedited through a job offer. Who would of thought we needed to file 4 months before it expired for AP not to have any gaps....

Also our wedding is September 29th so even September 20th wouldn't help us. Seems to be a gap in the system(AKA they want those tax dollars to keep flowing) that they automatically extend a EAD when a renewal is received as long a it's before it expires but don't do the same for an AP when the processing time is about the same.

I believe November we all receive interviews. You are right they extend Ead  but not AP. So weird. 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, dannydan said:

Like i said, you are my guide. Lo and behold, a week later, just now, got update that interview has been scheduled haha. Finally

WOW.... that's awesome!!! haha, my timeline is indeed your timeline's guide. I wish you all the best.

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

On 8/4/2018 at 6:25 AM, Asakelove said:

WOW.... that's awesome!!! haha, my timeline is indeed your timeline's guide. I wish you all the best.

Thank God journey is over.

Filed .....................4th May 2017

Biometrics .......... 6th June 2017

EAD/AP ...............21st January 2018

Interview ............. 30th July 2018

Approval .............. 1st August 2018

Card in Production ... 1st August 2018

Card Mailed .............. 3rd August 2018

City: Atlanta

Country of Citizenship: United Kingdom.

Interview was straight forward.

Question to husband(US Citizen): What city was your wife born in, How did you meet?

Question to wife(Beneficiary): Have you ever been arrested?

and that was it, we just talked while he worked on his computer.

Good luck to everyone thats still waiting. I hope everyone gets their interview soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, Wiz_Fit said:

So we got our expedite kicked back by our congressman stating we couldn't request an expedite through him as pre-planned event don't warrant this service. Suggested we escalate with USCIS or get a InfoPass appointment and see if they could help....

Worried because they told us processing times for EAD/AP were 3-5 months and we filed the renewal for the EAD in May and AP in June. Spoke to a lawyer to get his feedback and said they could just approve the AP when they do the EAD but would depend on the rep processing it if he checks for other pending cases. He suggested we write a letter to the service center as he has had better luck going written route than phones or infopass so going to try that approach next.

Anyone had any luck getting an emergency travel stamp on a pending renewal through infopass appointment?

Can I ask you when you contacted your congressman? I don't know when I should do this. Should I do it asap or should I wait until a certain point?

5 minutes ago, thepanda said:

Can I ask you when you contacted your congressman? I don't know when I should do this. Should I do it asap or should I wait until a certain point?

We contacted them originally as soon as we had a job offer in writing originally.

In this case we contacted them 1.5 months after the renewal submission since our time line was so tight. They have told us there is nothing they can do right now though. We are super worried about having to postpone our wedding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.