smilesammich

White House remark on Hitler and chemical weapons draws ire

28 posts in this topic

spicer attempting to clarify is always a good time

Mr Spicer was asked to clarify his remarks during the news conference and garbled his words during the response.

"I think when you come to sarin gas, there was no, he [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Asshad [sic] is doing."

He added: "There was not, in the, he brought them in to the Holocaust centres, I understand that, what I'm saying, in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns dropped them down to innocent, into the middle of towns, it was brought to, so the use of it, and I appreciate the clarification, that was not the intent."

After the press conference, Mr Spicer attempted to further clarify his comments.

"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centres," he said.

"Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."

But the comments sparked backlash online, where Twitter users quickly condemned the remarks and noted that Hitler used gas to kill Jews, German citizens any any political opponents of the Nazi Party.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39572902

Just now, IAMX said:

Meanwhile to the left the comparisons of Trump to Adolf Hitler draws approval.

Don't you hate that?

i love trump's press secretary making a fool of himself. who is this 'the left' that's made these statements and are they involved in informing the press of the current administration's reasoning behind military action?

4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

spicer attempting to clarify is always a good time

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39572902

Holocaust Centers, that's an interesting choice of words to use. Can't use Concentration Camps, or Death Camps, that would be too offensive to certain supporters I guess.

Sean needs a new job, his mental state and ability to make a coherent statement is deteriorating.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Just now, yuna628 said:

Holocaust Centers, that's an interesting choice of words to use. Can't use Concentration Camps, or Death Camps, that would be too offensive to certain supporters I guess.

Sean needs a new job, his mental state and ability to make a coherent statement is deteriorating.

i feel bad for the fella, somebody trump & co had to have told him to make that comparison..

2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i feel bad for the fella, somebody trump & co had to have told him to make that comparison..

Gen. Mattis made a similar, more artful attempt at clarifying Sean's statement in this way ''chemical weapons were not being used on the battlefield during WWII'' (implies that this is a message the WH wants to get out to have it repeated a second time - albeit more appropriately)... which is all Sean had to say, but clearly the guy has got issues. Of course if we want to go deeper down the rabbit hole as to these claims, we'd find it wasn't so crystal clear to a near kind of untruthful claim. But if this is the message they want to get out, one wonders exactly why?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Just now, yuna628 said:

Gen. Mattis made a similar, more artful attempt at clarifying Sean's statement in this way ''chemical weapons were not being used on the battlefield during WWII'' (implies that this is a message the WH wants to get out to have it repeated a second time - albeit more appropriately)... which is all Sean had to say, but clearly the guy has got issues. Of course if we want to go deeper down the rabbit hole as to these claims, we'd find it wasn't so crystal clear to a near kind of untruthful claim. But if this is the message they want to get out, one wonders exactly why?

yes, exactly. whoever is whipping up these messages is certainly not very wise, or in touch with reality.

19 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Meanwhile to the left the comparisons of Trump to Adolf Hitler draws approval.

Don't you hate that?

The comparisons made regarding Adolph Hitler's political strategy and that of Donald Trump speak for themselves. I don't recall anyone stating Donald Trump wanting to seek a Final Solution to the various racial and religious groups he used during his campaign as "others" ruining the lives of God fearing White American's but clearly he copped a bit of Hitler's strategy to whip up his base support by doing just that.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

9 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

The comparisons made regarding Adolph Hitler's political strategy and that of Donald Trump speak for themselves. I don't recall anyone stating Donald Trump wanting to seek a Final Solution to the various racial and religious groups he used during his campaign as "others" ruining the lives of God fearing White American's but clearly he copped a bit of Hitler's strategy to whip up his base support by doing just that.

yep. tho his refusal to acknowledge the holocaust is a bit troubling when coupled with spicers use of 'holocause centres' as yuna pointed out. i don't care who his daughter married...

my god. what in the actual..seriously what is going on in this world?

Alex Jones knocks Sean Spicer for 'ignorant' Holocaust comments

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

Sean needs a new job, his metntal state and ability to make a coherent statement is deteriorating.

That crossed my mind as I read it too.

These weren't out of town country retreats, there were no spa like amenities on tap for the specific preserve of the Jewish nation alone.

Why couldn't he just use the terminology that we are all familiar with? Who was it going to upset? His son in law?

Surely it can't be for the holocaust denier community can it?!

Edited by Inikamoze

Timeline
3 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

Ah I see.. similarities:

vcSgvVw.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well Spicey has personally apologized to mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, so everything is aok now!!

no mention of the Jews by the WH on Holocaust Rememberance Day, this latest fiasco on Passover... What will Rosh Hashana bring?

Spicey will probably keep his job, even though he's an idiot, because no one else wants it.