k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi Yutekao

Our AOS package was also delivered on 04/27/2017, and I have not received any notification nor has the checked been cashed.

I hope we get then soon!

Hi there!

Looks like we are on the same page...I have been constantly checking if they cashed out the checks or not.

Hopefully it will be sometime next week!

Good luck!!

Edited by yutekao

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:jest::jest: Hi everyone! My biometric notice just came today and I have a biometric appointment on 5/18/2017. Can't wait to go for my appointment. I hope everyone gets theirs as fast as I did.

2017/04/20 - Packet Arrived in Chicago

2017/05/01 - NOA1 (3 letters) received by mail dated 04/27/17

2017/05/06 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived (Dated 05/18/2017)

2017/04/19 - Mailed I-130 / I-485 / I-765 (FedEx)

2017/04/20 - Packet Arrived in Chicago

2017/04/28 - Email & Text notifications accepting my case (NOA1)

2017/05/01 - NOA1 (3 letters) received by mail dated 04/27/17

2017/05/06 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived (Dated 05/18/2017)

2017/05/18 - Biometrics appointment 

2017/08/21 - Case is ready to be schedule for an interview

2017/09/12 - EAD Approved

2017/09/20 - EAD card arrived

Hello everyone,

I am very happy, finally I found my 3 NOA1s on the mail box today afternoon.

I hope the biometric appointment can be mailed soon too.

What is next on the process? I hope no RFE  👐🙇

Have a great night 🌷

Heya Ninatica

Since we have a similar timeline, just thought of letting you know i received my biometric letter :) so you should probably receive yours early next week:dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, I have one quick question.. I just received the biometric letter and it says cellphones are not allowed - do they have lockers at the USCIS office where i can leave my phone? Thanks in advance :)

Hi! It really depends on your local office. The one I went to (East Hartford, CT) didn't have any lockers, I think. I knew about that rule so my husband stayed in the car with my purse and I only went in with my driver's license and the appointment letter.

Good luck on your appointment!

Hi! It really depends on your local office. The one I went to (East Hartford, CT) didn't have any lockers, I think. I knew about that rule so my husband stayed in the car with my purse and I only went in with my driver's license and the appointment letter.

Good luck on your appointment!

Thanks so much for letting me know! this is very helpful... I was hoping there'd be lockers.. ufff...:wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Thabks for your response!

I only received the NOA for i130 & i485.... I guess it will come later?

i had the same issue too. so they sent me the NOA for AOS and EAD, not for AP. it came in mail like 2 weeks later, after i even had my biometrics. My case status said the letter was returned to them because the post office couldn't deliver it to my address...seriously? so USCIS sent it directly to me. 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i had the same issue too. so they sent me the NOA for AOS and EAD, not for AP. it came in mail like 2 weeks later, after i even had my biometrics. My case status said the letter was returned to them because the post office couldn't deliver it to my address...seriously? so USCIS sent it directly to me. 

Oh wow...that's strange!

Well what actually ended up happening with me is I called then to find out why i didnt receive it with my other NOA's and they said sometimes they come at different times. I ended up getting it the next day....just happy i got it!

Im waiting on my biometrics now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hello, 

I read this topic and get more and more worried.

USCIS received our package on 23rd, BUT... I haven't heard anything yet, money is still not cashed.

And now I am soooo worried...

Timeline

Hey,

has anyone ever made or heard of the experience that the biometrics appointment had to be rescheduled? Do they get angry about that?

Initially, I was a March filer but because of an RFE, things got delayed. Before everything happened, I planned to go on a one week vacation at the end of May (the dummy that I am), and now I am nervous that the appointment ends up in exactly that week.

Can't cancel the vacation anymore without loosing a lot of money. So I am wondering, if I could hypothetically reschedule the biometrics appointment a few days back.

Alternatively, I read that people also walk in early. Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Katrin.TX

Package sent: April 20

E-mail NOAs: April 28

RFE: May 18 (sent back the same day)

Biometrics Letter: May 12

Biometrics appointment: June 1

Expedite request EAD: June 14

Expedite request for evidence: June 27 (faxed the same day)

EAD card is being produced: June 29

EAD mailed: June 30

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: July 3

1 hour ago, zilionyte.egle said:

Hello, 

USCIS received our package on 23rd, BUT... I haven't heard anything yet, money is still not cashed.

Heya! 

Based on my experience, you should receive a notification by Wednesday. If you don't, I think you should give a call on Thursday for an update on your case status:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, zilionyte.egle said:

Hello, 

My package was delivered on the 24th, and I still haven't heard anything while many others who filed after us have already received the notices. I'm totally freaked out now. I plan to call them on Wednesday or so if I still don't get anything.

01/09/2011 - Arrived United States

11/15/2012 - Officially dated my husband

11/30/2015 - Got married

03/15/2017 - AOS package sent but got rejected 

04/22/2017 - AOS package re-sent

04/24/2017 - AOS package delivered at USCIS, Chicago

05/12/2017 - Text/Email Receipt received (1 text, 1 email) for I-130

05/13/2017 - Received I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in mail (USCIS couldn't find my record for I-130 approval)

05/15/2017 - Check cashed (I-130)

05/19/2017 - Received NOA1 for I-130 

05/20/2017 - Resubmitted I-485/I-765/I-131

05/22/2017 - I-485 delivered at Chicago P.O. Box

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Flower1 said:

Heya! 

Based on my experience, you should receive a notification by Wednesday. If you don't, I think you should give a call on Thursday for an update on your case status:)

I don't know why some filers received their notices just after 5 to 8 days, but I have been waiting for 2 weeks and still nothing yet. I'm freaked out right now.

01/09/2011 - Arrived United States

11/15/2012 - Officially dated my husband

11/30/2015 - Got married

03/15/2017 - AOS package sent but got rejected 

04/22/2017 - AOS package re-sent

04/24/2017 - AOS package delivered at USCIS, Chicago

05/12/2017 - Text/Email Receipt received (1 text, 1 email) for I-130

05/13/2017 - Received I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in mail (USCIS couldn't find my record for I-130 approval)

05/15/2017 - Check cashed (I-130)

05/19/2017 - Received NOA1 for I-130 

05/20/2017 - Resubmitted I-485/I-765/I-131

05/22/2017 - I-485 delivered at Chicago P.O. Box

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.