NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

Just now, Sol1427 said:

To USCIS, OR NVC? having someone to talk to makes it so much easier

To nvc yes it is easier i been waiti g to find someone with dr too uugghhh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, beppenyc said:

in the meantime, a lot of talks in Wash DC to avoid the Govt Shutdown. Look like that there are some positive sign , because with a shutdown will make our wait even longer...

Yes hopefully they talk it out! Last thing we need..Alot of people seem to think it's going to be avoided though. Hopefully so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

the way I asked was "are you able to tell me whether my documents have started to be reviewed, or is it still sitting in the file room?". The rep said to me "I can see your file has been transferred to the review department" . He told me that I should hear from someone by 11 weeks (this phone call was at 10 weeks) but that it "could happen any day now" ... less than a week later I had cc, at 10 weeks 4 days.  
PS: they didnt notify me til a few days later, I found out by checking the CEAC status had changed to At NVC and I had the 3 N/As

I asked exactly that (well not exactly, but along the same lines) and all they answered is "once we receive your docs, they are in review Dept. We have 11 weeks. If you don't hear in 11 weeks, you can contact us back." They repeat it like a broken record.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Yes hopefully they talk it out! Last thing we need..Alot of people seem to think it's going to be avoided though. Hopefully so.

This is an old article.. but it appears that NVC won't be affected..

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/266648/general+immigration/US+Government+Shutdown+Will+Disrupt+Many+Immigration+Processes

I'm waiting to be able to pay the IV fee, so hopefully later on today or tomorrow.  I was hoping to send in all my paperwork next week so that I can start my 11 week wait:bonk:.  Hoping that it wont take that long.

1 minute ago, Sol1427 said:

They are all trained to say the same thing and is so frustrating.

Exactly. Still struggling to reach infamous supervisor!

--- ngm

Scan: 17/01/17

Checklist: 24/03/17

Scan 2: 30/03/17

Just now, Sol1427 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your checklist for ?? I got an RFE with USCIS and I am terrified of getting a checklist.

Got RFE too :)

It was police certificate, they are claiming I didn't send it, but I personally put it in the envelope with dedicated bar code sheet with the rest of documents.

Go figure.

--- ngm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, needhelpinfo said:

I Spoke to NVC and they mentioned i have a checklist(Native Birth certificate):crying:

Does it take same time to review the checklist document?

Any know if the native version birth certificate is required along with translated version?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.