dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Soranger said:

I'm confused I just called the nvc and they tell me that they start counting the 11 weeks after filling the d-260 not when they receive the document which one  be my scan date they received my document on February 14 and I complete the d-260 on February 21

My dates are opposite to yours, ds260 14Feb and doc submission 21st feb :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My scan date is March 1.  I called NVC today and the rep. said review time is still up to 11 weeks and if I don't hear anything by May 18 I should contact them.  I am glad that I am in the homestretch but the wait still is frustrating.  Good luck to everyone!  

Edited by Elguero5

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, MLK2016 said:

There are two types of expedites at NVC.  One is where NVC agrees to expedite and immediately sends all of the documents to the Embassy in the foreign country bypassing their up to 11 week review process.  The second type of expedite (which is what I have) is that the foreign country agrees to expedite the interview process after NVC finishes its review (currently around 11 weeks)

(Five weeks this Friday)

Kindly share more info about the second type of expedite. Do i email them? What's the email address if you know it... Et.c.

Thank you.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Elguero5 said:

My scan date is March 1.  I called NVC today and the rep. said review time is still up to 11 weeks and if I don't hear anything by May 18 I should contact them.  I am glad that I am in the homestretch but the wait still is frustrating.  Good luck to everyone!  

my scan date is March 2nd, I plan to start calling them next week haha dont know if that's a good idea. 

3 hours ago, Sol1427 said:

I received my welcome letter via email, spoke with NVC just now and my DS261 was reviewed and approved yesterday so the rep said that my next fee bill should be available in the next 5 days.  I will be checking all through out the day, because they will tell you a certain amount of days and in all reality if you keep checking it will be available sooner.  I read once on this site that once your case gets to NVC you pretty much control how fast your case moves.  I am trying to have everything in by next week so that I can hopefully get an Interview date in July at the embassy in Dominican Republic. 

Im so glad to see someone finally with embassy in dominican republic 

so i completed my ds and iv it is showing completed documents sent now i am getting a bit excited finally everything is in ..... the journey hasnt ended but the wait is nothing compared to the last 2 years :) atleast things are finally moving :)

2 hours ago, Wizzle said:

Kindly share more info about the second type of expedite. Do i email them? What's the email address if you know it... Et.c.

Thank you.

When you request an expedite via the NVCExpedite email address, they send it to the embassy.  The embassy then decides whether you get NVC expedite (which is when the embassy pulls your file from NVC and does all the reviewing themselves), or the 2nd expedite which is normal NVC processing then when it gets to the embassy they look for the next available interview spot.
I have the second, so i was 10 weeks 4 days at NVC, then look at my signature for my dates.  They received my file 21st April and my interview is 4th May even though they had scheduled May already.

You don't choose "which type of expedite", they will decide this from your request

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

1 minute ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

When you request an expedite via the NVCExpedite email address, they send it to the embassy.  The embassy then decides whether you get NVC expedite (which is when the embassy pulls your file from NVC and does all the reviewing themselves), or the 2nd expedite which is normal NVC processing then when it gets to the embassy they look for the next available interview spot.
I have the second, so i was 10 weeks 4 days at NVC, then look at my signature for my dates.  They received my file 21st April and my interview is 4th May even though they had scheduled May already.

You don't choose "which type of expedite", they will decide this from your request

i am just asking did that make sense doing seeing u already waited 10 weeks when nvc takes 11?

just

19 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

Hi Yuma,

I was looking for DR people as well LOL, what stage are you at in the process??

Just sent documents today

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

in the meantime, a lot of talks in Wash DC to avoid the Govt Shutdown. Look like that there are some positive sign , because with a shutdown will make our wait even longer...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.