1,252 posts in this topic

she is actually in USA now, she was applying for asylum here and her case were closed but remain with Immigration Judge so we cant file I130 and I485 together ,we have to wait for i-130 to be approved first

idk anything about asylum, you mean it was refused and now you are trying AOS?

This topic is for people that sent I-130 package in April, so I recommend you to create a new topic with all your questions in:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-amp-procedures/

is more general and maybe someone experienced will answer your doubts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just an update...i called USCIS to find out why my receipt number is still showing invalid.  The lady was able to see all of my information but just told me they're "backed up". She also told me that I would be looking at September as the earliest approval time, saying that they are just now processing September of 2016 petitions.  I know just by the updated information by visajourney users that this is not quite correct, but I think that they have to tell you longer  than expected wait times so that you don't call them back so much about it haha. 

54 minutes ago, Googoozum said:

Just an update...i called USCIS to find out why my receipt number is still showing invalid.  The lady was able to see all of my information but just told me they're "backed up". She also told me that I would be looking at September as the earliest approval time, saying that they are just now processing September of 2016 petitions.  I know just by the updated information by visajourney users that this is not quite correct, but I think that they have to tell you longer  than expected wait times so that you don't call them back so much about it haha. 

But at least nothing wrong with your application right?

They gave you a good updated, and is not so incorrect, since I saw like 3/4 september filers getting their NOA2 in the last couple of days, I know some of the from TSC, but in general it means they are moving but not able to update their system for some reason. <_<

Yes, september is our month guys, at least for me in VJ shows that aproximation. :unsure:

Timeline
On 5/9/2017 at 8:24 PM, Googoozum said:

I tried for the first time today to check the status and am getting the same "invalid" message, so frustrating! Good that you called for peace of mind...hopefully they will enter ours soon!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
20 hours ago, truelove29 said:

I tried for the first time today to check the status and am getting the same "invalid" message, so frustrating! Good that you called for peace of mind...hopefully they will enter ours soon!

Yea i understand the frustration for sure. I was hoping that by calling it would prompt them to at least validate my receipt number but I just checked again and it's still invalid. 

And @ASMS the lady I spoke with said everything with my petition seems ok so far and was able to see all of my information. So I'm holding onto that for peace of mind. 

3 hours ago, Inabars said:

Hello 

How's everyone doing? Any news from anyone? 

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Ina 😊

Hello, 

we decided to make a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks to soothe the waiting time. I was getting so sad without him.

No news for us, but I'm not surprised about, VJ estimations show that our case might be adjudicated after October 25.

How about you? anything from Potomac? 

you too have a great weekend :)

Timeline

No news here...still saying "invalid receipt" when I try to track our case...hoping they'll enter it by the end of the month! @ASMS enjoy your trip!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 hours ago, Inabars said:

Hello 

How's everyone doing? Any news from anyone? 

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Ina 😊

Hi Inabars,

I'm doing fine.. Self educating, reading, learning, getting ready for our next step, getting as much info as possible to be ready for NVC process since we are doing this ourselves with no attorneys involved. 

I went to visit my Husband last week, stayed for 5 days, I was a bit worried about going thru inmigration for the 1st time since we sent our I-130, I wasn't sure what to say, luckily the Agent was very nice and didn't ask me anything.

I downloaded a sample of the DS-260 to get familiarized so when the time comes I'll be ready, also I found a GREAT Checklist of the process thru another member here on VJ. It is on the NVC Checklist thread.

Have a great weekend everyone.;) 

12 hours ago, ASMS said:

Hello, 

we decided to make a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks to soothe the waiting time. I was getting so sad without him.

No news for us, but I'm not surprised about, VJ estimations show that our case might be adjudicated after October 25.

How about you? anything from Potomac? 

you too have a great weekend :)

That's great - you are very lucky to be getting some time together. Have an amazing time. 

No news from potomac. My VJ timeline keeps adjusting to later and later. So the estimated NOA2 date is now mid September which is 5 after NOA1.  Its so depressing. I thought potomac was supposed to be one the faster centres 😕

Timeline

So of course I'm already bugging out about the NVC process lol

Here's my dilemma...in 2015 I didn't make over the poverty line because I was spending half my time overseas with my husband & would come back to the U.S. occasionally to work (I freelance & own a S corporation). My last years tax return shows me just at the poverty line. So I think we'll definitely need a joint sponsor...I've been reading how the NVC can approve income status...but then at the interview people are being told they need a joint sponsor. I really want to avoid that! My parents are willing to be joint sponsors...but do I only need one of them to be the actual sponsor? I think they both have to fill out the I-864 forms since they file their taxes jointly. If they provide 3 years worth of tax returns, can I only submit the most recent of mine? I don't want to show the years before because it's even less than last year. 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

3 hours ago, truelove29 said:

So of course I'm already bugging out about the NVC process lol

Here's my dilemma...in 2015 I didn't make over the poverty line because I was spending half my time overseas with my husband & would come back to the U.S. occasionally to work (I freelance & own a S corporation). My last years tax return shows me just at the poverty line. So I think we'll definitely need a joint sponsor...I've been reading how the NVC can approve income status...but then at the interview people are being told they need a joint sponsor. I really want to avoid that! My parents are willing to be joint sponsors...but do I only need one of them to be the actual sponsor? I think they both have to fill out the I-864 forms since they file their taxes jointly. If they provide 3 years worth of tax returns, can I only submit the most recent of mine? I don't want to show the years before because it's even less than last year. 

Hi Truelove29,

I'm in the same boat with taxes/income!  I've lived overseas for 9 years, most of them in Australia with my husband.  Therefore will have to have my Dad be a joint sponsor for the NVC process as I haven't made ANY USD for a number of years. May have to move back to the US before the NVC process to start making a US income.  

Good luck!  Glad there's a thread just for us April filers :D 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, dandydee said:

Hi Truelove29,

I'm in the same boat with taxes/income!  I've lived overseas for 9 years, most of them in Australia with my husband.  Therefore will have to have my Dad be a joint sponsor for the NVC process as I haven't made ANY USD for a number of years. May have to move back to the US before the NVC process to start making a US income.  

Good luck!  Glad there's a thread just for us April filers :D 

After doing a lot of research tonight I see that my dad & I each have to fill out the I-864 & my mom will have to fill out the I-864a since they file jointly. I'll submit their last 3 years of tax return transcripts along with just one year of mine (2016). Better for me to be safe & include the joint sponsor now! The USCIS has the forms on their website so you can see what info you will need, along with detailed instructions on how to fill out the form, so I'm feeling a little better lol. If you can get to the U.S. & lock down a job, you can have your employer provide a letter stating your employment & salary...that would help...but that's great that you have the sponsor...that will be more important I think. Good luck to you as well, we're all in this together! :)

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
2 hours ago, truelove29 said:

After doing a lot of research tonight I see that my dad & I each have to fill out the I-864 & my mom will have to fill out the I-864a since they file jointly. I'll submit their last 3 years of tax return transcripts along with just one year of mine (2016). Better for me to be safe & include the joint sponsor now! The USCIS has the forms on their website so you can see what info you will need, along with detailed instructions on how to fill out the form, so I'm feeling a little better lol. If you can get to the U.S. & lock down a job, you can have your employer provide a letter stating your employment & salary...that would help...but that's great that you have the sponsor...that will be more important I think. Good luck to you as well, we're all in this together! :)

That's exactly what I'm doing with my financials. I've been in school so I don't meet the income requirements. Having my dad be joint with him filing the I-864 and mom filing I-864a. I've also sat and researched and mapped out the plan...i want everything to be ready to mail out or scan and email the DAY they ask for it... already had my husband get his police records, etc. They're good for one year so if the time is past that he can just get them again. Also I'm following the advise of calling the NVC throughout the process... I'm already tired of waiting haha! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.