1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, truelove29 said:

I finally mailed our packet out today...4/24/17...overnight to the Chicago lock box. Here we go!

Good luck to all!

Good luck to you.  I was looking at your timeline and saw that you put your embassy as Istanbul.  My husband is from Turkey and as far as I understand only non- immigrant visas go through Istanbul.  The CR1 visas are through Ankara. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Googoozum said:

Good luck to you.  I was looking at your timeline and saw that you put your embassy as Istanbul.  My husband is from Turkey and as far as I understand only non- immigrant visas go through Istanbul.  The CR1 visas are through Ankara. 

Yes, it is through Ankara...I quickly chose that as I was setting up my timeline...and picked Istanbul...I will update it so I don't confuse anyone to thinking they can interview there!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
20 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Yes, it is through Ankara...I quickly chose that as I was setting up my timeline...and picked Istanbul...I will update it so I don't confuse anyone to thinking they can interview there!

Sorry about that but happy to see another petition coming out of Turkey. There doesn't seem to be a lot of CR1 visas from Turkey so I'm interested to see how it goes for us. Good luck on your journey :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

We are still waiting to receive our NOA1, Our petition was received on April 19th, Check was cashed last friday April 20th, I know it's still too soon, I'm not worried but curious why my Husband received 2 emails from USCIS with a link for a survey ..? Survey for what? We still have nothing to survey since we are just starting our process. Down the road for sure...;)

Have any of you received this survey links prior to a NOA1? 

Thanks and have a great day!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Googoozum said:

Sorry about that but happy to see another petition coming out of Turkey. There doesn't seem to be a lot of CR1 visas from Turkey so I'm interested to see how it goes for us. Good luck on your journey :)

No worries, thank you for pointing that out! Good luck to you as well...glad to have someone else going through Turkey too :)

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

We finally got our NoA1! We've been sent to the potomac service centre. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not.... 

Yay! We were shouting as if we'd received a green card 😁 😁 😁 😁 

Ina

12 hours ago, capivzla said:

Hello Everyone,

We are still waiting to receive our NOA1, Our petition was received on April 19th, Check was cashed last friday April 20th, I know it's still too soon, I'm not worried but curious why my Husband received 2 emails from USCIS with a link for a survey ..? Survey for what? We still have nothing to survey since we are just starting our process. Down the road for sure...;)

Have any of you received this survey links prior to a NOA1? 

Thanks and have a great day!

Is nice to see someone from Venezuela going through this process!:D

Could you take a screenshot of those mails?

3 hours ago, Inabars said:

We finally got our NoA1! We've been sent to the potomac service centre. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not.... 

Yay! We were shouting as if we'd received a green card 😁 😁 😁 😁 

Ina

Great!:jest:

At least Potomac Service center is faster than Nebraska, they are currently processing October 2016 cases, so 2 months ahead than NSC.

10 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Great!:jest:

At least Potomac Service center is faster than Nebraska, they are currently processing October 2016 cases, so 2 months ahead than NSC.

Im guessing Potomac is one of the slower ones in that case. 

Oh well, at least we are on the way and the journey has begun 😀

God willing, I hope we all move at a fast pace and are reunited with our loved ones sooner rather than later.  

Ina

Edited by Inabars

18 minutes ago, Inabars said:

Im guessing Potomac is one of the slower ones in that case. 

Oh well, at least we are on the way and the journey has begun 😀

God willing, I hope we all move at a fast pace and are reunited with our loved ones sooner rather than later.  

Ina

No, the slower one is Nebraska (processing August cases), Potomac, Texas, and Vermont are processing September/October, and California cases of November.

:(23 days since our case is active and it feels already an eternity.

3 hours ago, ASMS said:

:(23 days since our case is active and it feels already an eternity.

Only a few hours in and I'm already wishing desperately for the next stage to get here now. If there's one way to learn patience by force,  this is it isnt it 😀

I look forward to the day when our group starts posting statuses advising interview attended, visa granted,  plane boarded! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, ASMS said:

Is nice to see someone from Venezuela going through this process!:D

Could you take a screenshot of those mails?

Hello ASMS ... Here is the screen shot from the survey we received twice this week. Still no other updates, I'm OK, I'm not worried.. (Yet) ... 

unnamed.png

35 minutes ago, capivzla said:

Hello ASMS ... Here is the screen shot from the survey we received twice this week. Still no other updates, I'm OK, I'm not worried.. (Yet) ... 

unnamed.png

haha I'ts ok, seems just a customer service survey. Maybe you or your husband gave their email so they will conduct this survey. Is not related at all with your application, but with them searching ways to improve the USCIS's website.

Good that you are not getting worried. It's wierd only if you don't receive your NOA1 after 30 days since you sent application

Timeline

Good Morning to you all,

We received our Email/Text message yesterday afternoon (7 days after they cashed my husband's check). Our case has been accepted and routed to the Nebraska Service Center. Anyone else with NSC?. I checked on the statistics and right now they are working with October 2016 petitions. So here we go... I guess will be all together on this Journey for sometime so Best of luck Everyone! ;)

Hello everyone,

I would love to join this group.  I am petitioning for my step daughter.  I sent the I-130 on 4/6  and got to Chicago Lockbox on 4/7.  I already received the NOA1. My case was assinged to Texas processing center.

Edited by Esperanza82

I-130 for my step daughter

4/6 - I-130 sent USPS

4/7- I-130 received at Chicago Lockbox

4/12 - Money order cashed

4/13 - Notice of acceptance (Text/ email) - Case assigned to TEXAS

4/18 - Notice of acceptance (regular mail USPS)

10/4- RFE - for intial evidence notice online

10/19/2017 RFE notice received

10/20/17 - RFE response sent

10/21/2017 - RFE delivered to USCIS address

10/23/2017 - USCIS system updated " Response to USCIS request for evidence was received

1/22/2018 - Approved (Tier2 informed me by phone)

2/8/2018 - Case Sent to NVC

2/21/2018 - NVC received case 

3/30/2018 - Case & Invoice number over the phone

3/30/2018 - DS-261 completed

4/2/2018 - Welcome letter by email

4/3/2018 -  Paid $120 & $325

4/10/2018 - Sent IV & AOS documents

4/11/2018 -  Post office delivered documents to NVC

4/11/2018 - Completed DS260

4/23/2018 -  Case Completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.