1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, H&H. said:

i learned something today that might be interesting to u all. i called nvc today regarding my case # and he mentioned that I wont have to mail the aos and iv package to them anymore. all of my stuff will be done online like making payments or uploading docs. nvc also wont have to mail the embassy anything since they'll have access online. so basically he said this will make the nvc process go faster. i told him i havent heard of such thing and he said as of now around 16 embassies are participating in this program including tokyo, rio de janeiro and my embassy Islamabad. 

edit: he also said i wont have to fill out the agent form since this online takes care of it. and if they need anything or have a message, that will be also online. 

This is true there's other members in the NVC filer group that scanned documents and have gotten case completed 4 days or 2 weeks

6 minutes ago, Netta said:

This is true there's other members in the NVC filer group that scanned documents and have gotten case completed 4 days or 2 weeks

Do you Know  16 embassies name who are participating in this program

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KisAshu said:

Do you Know  16 embassies name who are participating in this program

I don't think this is something new. NVC has been doing this for while. This information is also on state department's site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

image.png.e2a461dd014d1efce0eeb3ba8e351778.png

Timeline
8 minutes ago, aindian310 said:

I don't think this is something new. NVC has been doing this for while. This information is also on state department's site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

image.png.e2a461dd014d1efce0eeb3ba8e351778.png

ahhh thanks for sharing ive not heard of it before and i did some research on wikis and google and none mentioned it. also they just added my embassy few months ago so for some its new. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, H&H. said:

ahhh thanks for sharing ive not heard of it before and i did some research on wikis and google and none mentioned it. also they just added my embassy few months ago so for some its new. 

So basically this will make the process bit faster than the old school traditional way?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

So basically this will make the process bit faster than the old school traditional way?

thats what the guy said. easier for us to upload (save cost in shipping/lost package etc), easier to communicate with nvc via website, and faster process especially since im sure mailing something from usa nvc to embassy in asia or africa could take days if not weeks. 

he said getting case # will be longest after that should be fairly quick. 

Edited by H&H.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
Just now, H&H. said:

thats what the guy said. easier for us to upload (save cost in shipping/lost package etc), easier to communicate with nvc via website, and faster process especially since im sure mailing something from usa nvc to embassy in asia or africa could take days if not weeks. 

he said getting case # will be longest after that should be fairly quick. 

Wow. Good news for us. Let me know how it goes with you. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Guys, i have received the RFE in the mail. I am attaching pictures. Please do read and suggest what am I suppose to do and how.

20180215_163735.jpg

What documents did you submit in your initial application? Did you submit any of the documents they are asking for?

Timeline
1 minute ago, aindian310 said:

What documents did you submit in your initial application? Did you submit any of the documents they are asking for?

I submitted photos.. from that list. And the regular marriage certificate etc etc.

Timeline

I submitted photos.. from that list. And the regular marriage certificate etc etc.

Heres my situation.

Meetings: i did not meet my wife until we got married (we chatted, talked face timed)

Courtship: whatsapp msgs, facebook, whatsapp calls.

Relationship: gift cards, chats, online calls.

Travel: i only went to the country once when i was getting married. My mother traveled with me.

Photos: i have alot of wedding day photos and post wedding day photos.

Wedding: there was no wedding announcement or invitation cards.

Her parents are deceased so they were not in the wedding (ofcourse). Her brother arranged the wedding there

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, aindian310 said:

Photos of you both&other family members before during and after the marriage.

Explain how you both met eachother by putting it into writing. 

Submit copies of flight iteneries and passport stamps showing you travelled to the beneficiary's home country.

Submit copies of hotel receipts you stayed while you were in Pakistan.

Submit copies of marriage announcement like wedding cards or newspaper publication if you have any.

Submit copies of birth certificates of child(ren) born into the marriage or for all your biological child(ren).

If both spouse parent/siblings were not in attendance,submit certified copies of sworn affidavits from each of them.

Submit certified copies of sworn affidavit of bonafide marriage from you and your spouse too.

Edited by Abies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Heres my situation.

Meetings: i did not meet my wife until we got married (we chatted, talked face timed)

Courtship: whatsapp msgs, facebook, whatsapp calls.

Relationship: gift cards, chats, online calls.

Travel: i only went to the country once when i was getting married. My mother traveled with me.

Photos: i have alot of wedding day photos and post wedding day photos.

Wedding: there was no wedding announcement or invitation cards.

Her parents are deceased so they were not in the wedding (ofcourse). Her brother arranged the wedding there

Submit copies of of your mum's flight itenery and passport stamps.

Submit each copy of her parent death certificate if she has them.

Submit a certified copy of a sworn affidavit of bonafide marriage from her brother too.

Edited by Abies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdanish4 said:

Guys, i have received the RFE in the mail. I am attaching pictures. Please do read and suggest what am I suppose to do and how.

20180215_163735.jpg

Did you have any friends that attended your wedding ? they can write a letter on your behalf stating that they are aware of your relationship and they attended your wedding. When you traveled to go see her and get married did you not take pictures send those you don't have to send everything on the list you can send one of the items . Print out your chats and send those

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Netta said:

Did you have any friends that attended your wedding ? they can write a letter on your behalf stating that they are aware of your relationship and they attended your wedding. When you traveled to go see her and get married did you not take pictures send those you don't have to send everything on the list you can send one of the items . Print out your chats and send those

I had friends and families. i sent alot of pictures with i 130 already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.