amistry18

NVC Scan date of March 2017 IR-1/CR-1

868 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hello guys, i just had my interview today in taipei, taiwan. i wrote a more detailed report on before interview preparation and what happened during the interview. i hope it's useful to some people. good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, nyokie said:

Have anyone ever get  RFE during USCIS process? If so how long did it take to get approved after the Second RFE?

Everyone already get CC? 

Post your question on a rfe forum. Click on the following to find them.

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=rfe&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Fforum%2F134-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports%2F%3Fpage%3D4&ref=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Fforum%2F134-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports%2F%3Fpage%3D3&ss=8762j9536626j16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, 2litros said:

Hi there! So… 11 weeks and 2 days today… I just called NVC and had a conversation with a supervisor… he basically told me that sometimes people have bad luck … he also told that he is moving my case to a “special reviewer” today (a person who only review delayed cases) so It must take another 2 more weeks… or 6 more weeks if there is a terrible mistake in our papers… (sorry about my English)

Hi!!  almost 13 weeks since scan date...  still waiting :cry:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, 2litros said:

Hi!!  almost 13 weeks since scan date...  still waiting :cry:

Looks like you're in the same boat as @Dinah really sucks.. so sorry. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone I am trying to get as much help as I can. My original scan date was March 3rd and after 11 weeks of waiting I got a checklist. However last week I sent a request to the NVC to expedite my case and they approved my request and said that my case was sent to the US consulate in India on Friday. Today I was able to go on the consulates website and schedule an interview and biometrics screening for my husband. But it seems too good to be true. Did I do something wrong? Should I have waited for the consulate to contact me?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, KaurN said:

Hello Everyone I am trying to get as much help as I can. My original scan date was March 3rd and after 11 weeks of waiting I got a checklist. However last week I sent a request to the NVC to expedite my case and they approved my request and said that my case was sent to the US consulate in India on Friday. Today I was able to go on the consulates website and schedule an interview and biometrics screening for my husband. But it seems too good to be true. Did I do something wrong? Should I have waited for the consulate to contact me?

This is normal.. When this happens, the NVC is no longer reviewing your documents. They'll send them to your embassy but they may not arrive before your interview. So whatever you submitted to the NVC, bring those originals to your interview.. And I imagine copies... Maybe call the NVC to confirm this info. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JBMG said:

This is normal.. When this happens, the NVC is no longer reviewing your documents. They'll send them to your embassy but they may not arrive before your interview. So whatever you submitted to the NVC, bring those originals to your interview.. And I imagine copies... Maybe call the NVC to confirm this info. 

The NVC said they cannot give me any more information because they don't have my case anymore. I contacted the consulate like NVC told me to and I was told that they haven't received my case yet which I understand is okay because my expedite request just got approved on Friday. But I was still able to schedule an interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello

its been a long time but I wanted to update you on what we went through the last two days.

we receive our expedite request for the interview and it was on Jun 20th Montreal Canada. how ever the CO said that the visa its refused under 221g. we received a white slip no reason why and they return the passport to my husband.

They said we need to wait at least 60 days before any inquiry.

This is what the white slip have on it:

Immigrant visa 221(g) Refusal Worksheet

This  office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Please be advised that for U.S. visa purposes, including ESTA this decision constitutes a denial of a visa.

Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application is incomplete of otherwise does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or related regulations.

Administrative Processing

Administrative processing often last about 60 days, but in some instances, it can take several months or even years. while we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the consulate and the U.S.  Department of State will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as your qualifications have been verified. Applicants, their families and/or their legal representatives may check the status of the case at the following website: http://ceac.state.gov/CEAC 

when I check the status it says

Administrative Processing

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Timeline

Can anyone help please I'm crying since yesterday. I have no Idea what to do or how long it will take. does anyone have an Idea how long will this take please I need help what should I do ?????????????????????????

Timeline
3 hours ago, rahsab said:

Can anyone help please I'm crying since yesterday. I have no Idea what to do or how long it will take. does anyone have an Idea how long will this take please I need help what should I do ?????????????????????????

Found an area on VJ where you  can copy and paste your questions in the following forum threads..  Sure you'll find some useful info...

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

Also, found the following by doing a general google search..

http://www.***removed***/visas/221grefusal/administrative-processing-221g.html

Could there be any reason why the counselor thought you weren't in a bonafide relationship? (Must be genuine, and you need to prove it. )

Timeline
10 hours ago, JBMG said:

Found an area on VJ where you  can copy and paste your questions in the following forum threads..  Sure you'll find some useful info...

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

Also, found the following by doing a general google search..

http://www.***removed***/visas/221grefusal/administrative-processing-221g.html

Could there be any reason why the counselor thought you weren't in a bonafide relationship? (Must be genuine, and you need to prove it. )

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.