ShawnSpiker

I-751 hardship first and divorce second [merged threads]

77 posts in this topic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 

Should I mention in my letter that we have been separated even when I am trying to prove good faith marriage? or just ignore that part.
Is the neighbors can be enough for additive letter, I don't want to involve her family and friends!

Hi
She just refused to sign for the divorce paper and I have only one month left to file 1-751 to remove the condition, What should I do?
I have to wait years for the divorce degree, What will happen if I got the denial because I don't have the divorce degree, I know I am going to immigration court what should I do in all that. I have 10 layer, all they are like waiting and watching
She is not willing to cooperate?
Any help 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Everything depends on your relationship with your future ex.  It would be better if he would actually back you up in a declaration that while you were married, it was a bona fide marriage.  Remember that what they are looking is for the initial impression of the marriage while it lasted, and that there was no intention to deceive.  Maybe he would cooperate.  Even then, if you can prove a bona fide marriage initially as well as commingling of funds, it should be approved.

Archie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I do not quite understand.  If she refuses to divorce you, then do not mention it.   As long as she cooperates and attest to a bona fide marriage while it lasted, everything is OK.

Archie

18 minutes ago, bolin786 said:

I do not quite understand.  If she refuses to divorce you, then do not mention it.   As long as she cooperates and attest to a bona fide marriage while it lasted, everything is OK.

I mean 10 lawyer 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't need her to cooperate to divorce.  You can file for the divorce on your own.  No one can make you stay married if you don't want to be in the marriage.  Go file for divorce now if that is what you really want.

Just now, neilsqueen said:

You don't need her to cooperate to divorce.  You can file for the divorce on your own.  No one can make you stay married if you don't want to be in the marriage.  Go file for divorce now if that is what you really want.

I don't want to be rude I love her but I don't in the same time, she want to destroy every nice memory but she seems to make me lose everything, She knows that I need to file in few weeks and she refused to sign jointly or divorce, It might be late and denied, and will be time I go to immigration court.
This is stupid. I am really down
Should I do the avadiffte letter with separation information or not and just hide it. even if i am going for divorce.
I mean... should I reflect the separation time! in the letter and the whole case

34 minutes ago, bolin786 said:

should I reflect the separation time what we have in the letter and the whole case or not, If I am going either one Hardship or Divorce?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I don't want to be rude I love her but I don't in the same time, she want to destroy every nice memory but she seems to make me lose everything, She knows that I need to file in few weeks and she refused to sign jointly or divorce, It might be late and denied, and will be time I go to immigration court.
This is stupid. I am really down
Should I do the avadiffte letter with separation information or not and just hide it. even if i am going for divorce.
I mean... should I reflect the separation time! in the letter and the whole case

Wow, I'm really sorry you are going thru this.  I really don't know what to say.  I only commented on the divorce part cause that's all I really know about.  If more seasoned posters can help, I'm sure they will advise you.  Otherwise, you may need to consult a lawyer.  Best wishes to you!

4 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Wow, I'm really sorry you are going thru this.  I really don't know what to say.  I only commented on the divorce part cause that's all I really know about.  If more seasoned posters can help, I'm sure they will advise you.  Otherwise, you may need to consult a lawyer.  Best wishes to you!

What is make more sense

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.