cybermax

N-400 Filers who got stuck or delayed in Background / Name Check.

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
26 minutes ago, cybermax said:

My biometrics done on 1/30. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm so depressed now. Seems like we have you wait at least a year. If you know any action that we could do after 90 days window, please let me know.

I'm confused, your PD is January 14?  For the Washington DC office?  They are processing N400 currently at 8 months and 24 days, you would receive a response on your application around October 5 or so which is an official processing time (my wait for Los Angeles was about 7.5 months), what are you waiting to hear on and why are you depressed?

Filed: Timeline
24 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

I'm confused, your PD is January 14?  For the Washington DC office?  They are processing N400 currently at 8 months and 24 days, you would receive a response on your application around October 5 or so which is an official processing time (my wait for Los Angeles was about 7.5 months), what are you waiting to hear on and why are you depressed?

The problem is the have not put in-lin yet, that means I have been pending for background check. Normally for these cases, it takes at least 8 months to be put in-line and additional 1-2 months to get it done. Some cases takes forever except you file a lawsuit against USCIS and FBI.

How is your case? Did you receive the in-line notice yet or just wait for the interview?

Timeline
3 hours ago, cybermax said:

My biometrics done on 1/30. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm so depressed now. Seems like we have you wait at least a year. If you know any action that we could do after 90 days window, please let me know.

The best advice I can give you is to just walk away from this whole process until your processing date comes up, don't get fixated and obsessed with following every little stage of the game, when the processing time for your field office is due which would be early October-ish then I would worry about it, I went back and looked at all the stages in my application and some things went quicker then others, and some really slow, but when it was all said and done I got processing on time within posted processing times, I would forget about it until then as it's really a waste of time as calls to USCIS, Infopasses, requests to speak to L2, letters to Senator's are useless until your case falls outside the posted processing times.

Filed: Timeline
14 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

The best advice I can give you is to just walk away from this whole process until your processing date comes up, don't get fixated and obsessed with following every little stage of the game, when the processing time for your field office is due which would be early October-ish then I would worry about it, I went back and looked at all the stages in my application and some things went quicker then others, and some really slow, but when it was all said and done I got processing on time within posted processing times, I would forget about it until then as it's really a waste of time as calls to USCIS, Infopasses, requests to speak to L2, letters to Senator's are useless until your case falls outside the posted processing times.

Are you wating for the interview or on the same boat with us?

Timeline
47 minutes ago, cybermax said:

Are you wating for the interview or on the same boat with us?

My interview was scheduled after 7 months, which was posted on the website for my FO.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is what occured late in 2016:

"According to USCIS, they recently discovered that their software system was truncating names of naturalization applicants when they sent the names over to the FBI for background checks. That meant the background checks weren’t done correctly or fully. As you can imagine, this is a problem because a few background checks were coming back clear when they shouldn’t.

Out of an abundance of caution, USCIS decided to pull every N-400 case that was in the ELIS system and ask the FBI to rerun the background checks for those applicants who had filed, who had been interviewed, and who had not yet been sworn-in as US citizens. Although USCIS has asked the FBI to expedite these checks, they do not know how long this will take."

Timeline
1 hour ago, zooropa said:

This is what occured late in 2016:

"According to USCIS, they recently discovered that their software system was truncating names of naturalization applicants when they sent the names over to the FBI for background checks. That meant the background checks weren’t done correctly or fully. As you can imagine, this is a problem because a few background checks were coming back clear when they shouldn’t.

Out of an abundance of caution, USCIS decided to pull every N-400 case that was in the ELIS system and ask the FBI to rerun the background checks for those applicants who had filed, who had been interviewed, and who had not yet been sworn-in as US citizens. Although USCIS has asked the FBI to expedite these checks, they do not know how long this will take."

Yes I was one of those filers, an IOE back in August of 2016, my application was still processed within posted processing times so hopefully that won't impact applications too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

1) Is it true that if a person's background checks have been pending for 90 days, that means that such person is definitely stuck in the name check?

2) Also has anyone on here gotten they name check cleared before the 90 days mark since this thread was created? 

3) If so, after how many days did that happen and what did you do on your end to help the process?

Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

same thing here.  Greer SC, only took like 4-5 months, and filed in Dec 5th 2016 and did FP on Jan13th 2017, after that, nothing. not even in the line for scheduling. I am waiting this to departure to France with my job transfer.

hope I can get news soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

did anyone take an infopass appt  to check whats going on? My wife's N400 is stuck in background check . We both had our FP done on Jan 25 and my interview is scheduled for May 12. Its more than 90 days and still no news on my wife's application

39 minutes ago, austindude said:

did anyone take an infopass appt  to check whats going on? My wife's N400 is stuck in background check . We both had our FP done on Jan 25 and my interview is scheduled for May 12. Its more than 90 days and still no news on my wife's application

Let's see if her background checks come back in a week or so. 

That will be a perfect case to see if the 90 days thing is true.

Also, let's not forget that they have been people waiting for 8 months or so. I think that is just extremely frustrating.

@lidaliu

A lot of people are in the same situation as yours unfortunately. Have tried calling them?

Filed: Other Country: Serbia
Timeline

HI I HAVE MY INTERVIEW ON 02/07/2017 EVERYTHING WENT WELL I PASSED AND I GOT LETTER WE CANNOT MAKE DECISION RIGHT NOW :( THEN FOR A MONTH NOTHING I MAKE INFO PASS THEY DID NOT GIVE ME SOME ANSWER :( I WENT AGAIN BEGINNING OF APRIL AND OFFICER HE STAND UP AND HE WENT TO THE SAME OFFICER WHO I HAVE INTERVIEW HE TOLD HIM SHE WILL GET APPROVED NO LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS AFTER 4 DAYS I GOT PHONE CALL FROM THE INTERVIEW OFFICER HE IS TELLING ME THAT IS THE ISSUE WE  HAVE TO WAIT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK AGAIN WHY IDK I ASK DO I HAVE TO DO FP AGAIN HE SAY NO EVERYTHING IS FINE WITH FP . AND I AM STUCK AGAIN DID SOMEBODY HAS ANSWER WHAT IS GOING ON ??  MY CASE START 06/19/2016 IT WILL BE ONE YEAR SOON :unsure: THANKS!

6 minutes ago, Gabriela73 said:

HI I HAVE MY INTERVIEW ON 02/07/2017 EVERYTHING WENT WELL I PASSED AND I GOT LETTER WE CANNOT MAKE DECISION RIGHT NOW :( THEN FOR A MONTH NOTHING I MAKE INFO PASS THEY DID NOT GIVE ME SOME ANSWER :( I WENT AGAIN BEGINNING OF APRIL AND OFFICER HE STAND UP AND HE WENT TO THE SAME OFFICER WHO I HAVE INTERVIEW HE TOLD HIM SHE WILL GET APPROVED NO LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS AFTER 4 DAYS I GOT PHONE CALL FROM THE INTERVIEW OFFICER HE IS TELLING ME THAT IS THE ISSUE WE  HAVE TO WAIT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK AGAIN WHY IDK I ASK DO I HAVE TO DO FP AGAIN HE SAY NO EVERYTHING IS FINE WITH FP . AND I AM STUCK AGAIN DID SOMEBODY HAS ANSWER WHAT IS GOING ON ??  MY CASE START 06/19/2016 IT WILL BE ONE YEAR SOON :unsure: THANKS!

That is very interesting!

I always thought that all Background Checks have to be completed before applicants get an interview letter.

This is some very confusing stuff.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife had called the USCIS service center and spoke to tier2 support. They said that her application is in National Benefits center and asked her wait. She asked whether her application stuck in background check and the officer told her that it may not be stuck in background check and asked her to wait till end of may and then call back again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.