Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, theredcomet said:

Thanks so much!!! I feel an immense weight off my shoulders... Couldnt imagine her getting denied, back in October we actually tried to get a tourist visa just so she could come and visit me more often instead of me travelling to Honduras so frequently because of work etc. When she got denied that one it was pretty bad.... So happy now!

I still have a couple months to go for the NOA2.  Hearing stories like your really helps put everything back into the correct perspective.  I wish you both a long, happy, healthy life together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

Case is now ready to book the interview.... except I can't. My Fiance's whole office was terminated last Friday - out of freaking no where. And because we're quite young I think the need for proof of being able to support has got to be solid. sighhhh, soon soon 

oh no!!! I'm so sorry! I wonder what others have done in that case? it seems like it would be something that has had to have happened before! :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Marzena & Stephen said:

oh no!!! I'm so sorry! I wonder what others have done in that case? it seems like it would be something that has had to have happened before! :( 

I had the same thought so I tried looking into it but I haven't been able to find anything on it yet :( getting a bit - correction very, annoyed with this process and super irritated with his now old company. But this does mean yours should be getting updated soon if not already!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

Case is now ready to book the interview.... except I can't. My Fiance's whole office was terminated last Friday - out of freaking no where. And because we're quite young I think the need for proof of being able to support has got to be solid. sighhhh, soon soon 

Get one of your parents to serve as a joint sponsor. Just have them fill out a separate i-134 and include a copy of the tax return, copy of passport, copy of  naturalization certificate. Thats what i did, im not unemployed but on paper i didnt meet the financial requirements. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, theredcomet said:

Get one of your parents to serve as a joint sponsor. Just have them fill out a separate i-134 and include a copy of the tax return, copy of passport, copy of  naturalization certificate. Thats what i did, im not unemployed but on paper i didnt meet the financial requirements. 

11 minutes ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

I had the same thought so I tried looking into it but I haven't been able to find anything on it yet :( getting a bit - correction very, annoyed with this process and super irritated with his now old company. But this does mean yours should be getting updated soon if not already!!

15 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

@theredcomet has good advice, along the lines of thinking of @Marzena & Stephen - Plus the requirements are more in line of 'past earnings are indicative of future earnings'.  I would treat this just as a break in your stride and continue on.  A 2nd I-134 gathered and run with it. :D 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

omygosh!! congratulations!!! :jest::jest:

22 minutes ago, Kateryna_I said:

Congratulations! :jest::whistle:

Happy ever after! ;)

Thank you!!! :)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

HANG IN THERE !!

Everything will workout!

I know its so frustrating sometimes.

Are you going to book an interview or just see how things go this next little while with getting cosponsor?

No I sent packet 3 on Thursday and still havnt heard anything.. not sure why I'm so "special" haha

Timeline

HANG IN THERE !!

Everything will workout!

I know its so frustrating sometimes.

Are you going to book an interview or just see how things go this next little while with getting cosponsor?

No I sent packet 3 on Thursday and still havnt heard anything.. not sure why I'm so "special" haha

I have a dumb question.. Whats a packet 3 and 4? I havent sent a packett in since my initial one with the i-129F. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

somewhere I read.. said that you could ask to take the certificate to the registry office on your own so that you don't need to wait for it to me mailed to you? I wish I could remember where someone wrote about that! ..

Really? I haven't seen that anywhere at all, but if so, that would be truly a stress reliever! Having it on the same day and able to file AOS sooner. 

I wonder if its state specific? I will add it to my list of questions for the town clerk lol 

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Timeline
1 minute ago, Orit.d said:

Really? I haven't seen that anywhere at all, but if so, that would be truly a stress reliever! Having it on the same day and able to file AOS sooner. 

I wonder if its state specific? I will add it to my list of questions for the town clerk lol 

Ya I wrote it down because someone said don't let them mail it.   take it with you and submit it on your own because you need it for all sorts of things. I am going to have to research that! I have been screenshotting everything important now days but back than I didn't think to..! maybe it depends on State. I'm not sure .. but ill for sure ask!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ya I wrote it down because someone said don't let them mail it.   take it with you and submit it on your own because you need it for all sorts of things. I am going to have to research that! I have been screenshotting everything important now days but back than I didn't think to..! maybe it depends on State. I'm not sure .. but ill for sure ask!

Let me know what you find out! Maybe will poke around the AOS forums later on and see if anyone left some helpful tips :D

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

Let me know what you find out! Maybe will poke around the AOS forums later on and see if anyone left some helpful tips :D

By the way your timeline says Texas service center. That lockbox you mailed the I-129F isn't a Texas service center.. its just a lockbox. than they transfer it to California. I found this out that I was not a "transferred case" when we were all talking about what transferred meant. its funny how complicated these things are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello, 

case ready at NVC today , my F got an email with the instructions , we submitted the DS-160 and I  have to send later today a checklist confirming I have all the documents ready and I think that's when they will let me know I can pay and book the interview . I think this is how it works for Romanian US embassy .

Or you guys could pay the visa fee before scheduling the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.