Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, justus2017 said:

I'm March 17th and I'm still waiting 😔😔😔 my lawyer called them & they told him that it'll be another 2 or 3 month wait till Noa2 smh

Ugh super sucks 💔💔

1 minute ago, Diego&Dianna said:

Ugh super sucks 💔💔

Yea who you telling I'm super mad bc that's not what he told me the wait would be 💔😢😢😢😢💔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, justus2017 said:

Yea who you telling I'm super mad bc that's not what he told me the wait would be 💔😢😢😢😢💔

We used a lawyer too who said the whole process should be six months give or take. I mean we haven't hit six months obviously we're in the fourth month BUT I don't think he'll be here by the six month mark and this just flat out sucks. At least I know there are others also going through this but I feel so weak about it sometimes

Just now, Diego&Dianna said:

We used a lawyer too who said the whole process should be six months give or take. I mean we haven't hit six months obviously we're in the fourth month BUT I don't think he'll be here by the six month mark and this just flat out sucks. At least I know there are others also going through this but I feel so weak about it sometimes

My lawyer told me 6 to 8 months for the whole process but just like u we are on our 4th month & I don't see it happening in 6 months...it gets the best of me at times so u are not alone 

1 hour ago, justus2017 said:

My lawyer told me 6 to 8 months for the whole process but just like u we are on our 4th month & I don't see it happening in 6 months...it gets the best of me at times so u are not alone 

It might take 8 months but the average is 6 months. NOA2 is average 3 months 10 days. For whatever reason, some of us (like me) take longer than the average. If you've waited 4 months, you're close. We know that something like 98% of couples get approved at this stage, so that's not a concern. The hardest part is almost over for you.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

It might take 8 months but the average is 6 months. NOA2 is average 3 months 10 days. For whatever reason, some of us (like me) take longer than the average. If you've waited 4 months, you're close. We know that something like 98% of couples get approved at this stage, so that's not a concern. The hardest part is almost over for you.

The bit that concerns me now is the number of files that seem to be going missing on their way to the embassy. There have been a few posts recently about petitions being sent from NVC in early May that still haven't been received at their respective embassies. Mine is still waiting for a little over 2 weeks now just saying "In Transit" on the tracker.

I-129F Journey

27th February 2017 - Posted via 2-day UPS to Texas address

1st March 2017 - Arrived at Texas Service Center

7th March 2017 - Received email NOA1 and case number

3rd June 2017 - NOA2 notice date

8th June 2017 - Received hardcopy NOA2

26th June 2017 - Received NVC case number via email

4th July 2017 - Completed visa medical

11th July 2017 - Got fed up and emailed Packet 3 response to Consulate prior to receiving Packet 3 (case still "In Transit")

13th July 2017 - Received interview date (Packet 4)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 9:35 PM, Sangar said:

Dear march filers, 

To those who haven't received their approvals as of yet, please don't worry u will get it soon. In my opinion folks who did via an attorney got approvals faster than who filed by themselves. 

PEACE

Peace to you too.

Edited by maxim84
edit
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-17
I-129F NOA1 

2017-03-22

Timeline
9 hours ago, GazLisa said:

Another step closer 😁 Received my embassy letter back home instructing me to arrange my interview 😅 My fiancé and me are going retail shopping to celebrate 😂😂

woahh!! congrats!!!!

Transferred? No
I-129F NOA1 

2017-03-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Diego&Dianna said:

Day 107 ughhh. Anyone from March 24th been approved yet?? I see dates from the 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th etc been approved but have yet to see one approval for march 24th date :blink:

Try not to stress too much. Mine is March 9th and my noa2 is only now on its way. You will get it any day now. When you least expect it.

Timeline
4 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

This tends to be the case and has a lot to do with scalablity of representative democracy. Depending on your state, your senator is supposed to represent a few to tens of millions of people. It's nice to think that they might take the time to deal with your individual request, and their inquiry does have weight, but the chances are slim. Your inquiry might be handled by some staffer whose job is just to empty the inbox and send out copy pasta canned responses. Some are better at constituent outreach than others. In my experience, I've had much better luck with well thought out e-mails that explain my situation, frustrations and ideas about how the situation could be improved for not just myself, but the whole country. (Have to play to their ego of being potential saviors of mankind a little bit. ;)).

Yeah. It really depends on your state. My senator is very pro immigration and makes it a point that he will help anyone he can in this area. I have been speaking with one of his staff since I started the process. He even checked in on me recently to ask if everything is fine and to let him know if I need any further help with the process. An amazing guy. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, justus2017 said:

Cheer up. They don't know what they are talking about. I called and they said the exact same. That they are only on january applicants. But my Noa2 is already on it's way. You should be recieving yours this month too. I am a March 9th applicant

Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 10:35 PM, Sangar said:

Dear march filers, 

To those who haven't received their approvals as of yet, please don't worry u will get it soon. In my opinion folks who did via an attorney got approvals faster than who filed by themselves. 

PEACE

I can see why you would think that. But it actually takes the same amount of time. All depends on how long your background check takes. Then it just goes in order as received. The only difference is the papers are always done correctly and you pay a rediculous amount more

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stephanie&Edward said:

I can see why you would think that. But it actually takes the same amount of time. All depends on how long your background check takes. Then it just goes in order as received. The only difference is the papers are always done correctly and you pay a rediculous amount more

A good friend of mine is actually an immigration attorney and his "friends and family" discount still put him above what I wanted to pay. I went with another service that was a fraction of the cost and very helpful. We did lose about a week waiting for them to go through the final package and then send it off to USCIS, which was kind of a bummer.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Is there a way to fight depression? :( I honestly don't know how to handle stressful things like this. :(( :(

@Yzabelle Maybe its a bit harsh to call it depression right away, maybe sadness and stress. You can always keep your mind preoccupied with things that can make you cheer up. Like, looking for your wedding gown if you still don't have it! Or check out new store, or just simply chat with someone. It always helps to just talk. We're both halfway through the process! You should keep your head up and look forward to your wedding, or honeymoon if that helps! This day will soon be just a sad memory. Hang in there!

Transferred? No
I-129F NOA1 

2017-03-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.